Hillary Explains Loss: Millions of White People Were Upset By Gains Made By Minorities

To people still trying to deny that Trump primarily campaigned on identity politics (and to oddly claim that Clinton was the one who really did): Do you think most Americans support cutting Medicaid and other services to pay for tax cuts for millionaires? And reduced regulatory protections for the environment, workers, and consumers? If you realize that they don't, why do you think Republicans are still viable as a national party?

Posted this before, but it's been going on a long time:

who gives DOD a pay raise? police officers?
what about farm subsidies?
the religious right?

but of course it's all about being white, sure

Now, this is obvious trolling. And I suspect it's your attempt to cover for the fact that you know you're defending an indefensible position here.

This is a dude literally looking left, right and centre for an excuse to mock the disabled. smh

Tribalism is another brain-rotter.

It's funny to watch people go back and forth between "American society is unfair to whites" and "no whites are resentful."

From the most Tribalistic poster on this forum

I can't stand Bob Dylan's awful singing and playing, but the lyrics are pretty crucial:

A bullet from the back of a bush
Took Medgar Evers' blood
A finger fired the trigger to his name
A handle hid out in the dark
A hand set the spark
Two eyes took the aim
Behind a man's brain
But he can't be blamed
He's only a pawn in their game
A South politician preaches to the poor white man
"You got more than the blacks, don't complain
You're better than them, you been born with white skin, " they explain
And the Negro's name
Is used, it is plain
For the politician's gain
As he rises to fame
And the poor white remains
On the caboose of the train
But it ain't him to blame
The deputy sheriffs, the soldiers, the governors get paid
And the marshals and cops get the same
But the poor white man's used in the hands of them all like a tool
He's taught in his school
From the start by the rule
That the laws are with him
To protect his white skin
To keep up his hate
So he never thinks straight
'Bout the shape that he's in
From the poverty shacks, he looks from the cracks to the tracks
And the hoofbeats pound in his brain
And he's taught how to walk in a pack
Shoot in the back
With his fist in a clinch
To hang and to lynch
To hide 'neath the hood
To kill with no pain
Like a dog on a chain
He ain't got no name
Today, Medgar Evers was buried from the bullet he caught
They lowered him down as a king
But when the shadowy sun sets on the one
That fired the gun
He'll see by his grave
On the stone that remains
Carved next to his name
His epitaph plain
Only a pawn in their game

In the pass 30 days thia bitch has blamed blacks, bernie and whites...

When she gon blame herself?

1. This never would have occurred if he wasn't a Black man. No white President is ever going to have their citizenship questioned. Especially not in the way it was.

2. Ditto here. You think that a white President will ever have to deal with a secret Muslim smear campaign? Really?

3. LOL.

4. Voter suppression under the guise of Voter ID Laws.

5. Yes it is, when you appeal to it by trashing the Dreamers and DACA as well.

6. Those people have no discernible connection to the actual movement. That trope is pure racist bullshit, as is ALM.

7. Come on now. You read the war room.

8. People don't oppose it out of principle. It's only a big deal because it can be used as wedge issue to get people to vote for shit politicians with shit policy.

9. Law and Order speeches, actions, and words. All part of a nudge nudge to racists. Keep those criminal blacks under control.

10. The endless demonizing of muslims, which is both Religious and race based.

1.) The birther movement was a small sect of mouth breathing goof balls on the extreme far right almost a decade ago, but keep bringing it up as if it's still relevant.

2.) The Clinton Campaign was just trying to smear Bernie Sanders for being Jewish.

4.) How dare people have the audacity to think that you should have to identify yourself to vote in an election. Secondly, are you suggesting black people don't know how to drive, read a map, navigate a city or just use the internet? But Republicans are actually racists...

5.) Just the nonsensical attachment of the term "dreamer" by Liberals is so disingenuous it's embarrassing. Secondly, don't enter the country illegally.

6.) They have as much connection to the movement as Neo Nazis have to the right as a whole. The Left is just fine with making the rules until they have those same rules applied to them.

7.) Of course it's impossible to discriminate against white people...

8.) See Hillary Clinton for an example of this. She played the race card more than the black president who actually was the victim of racism who she was trying to replace. If White Liberals would stop trying to act like the Civil Rights Movement happened to them personally people might pay attention to them a llitle more when they talk.

9.) Derp. Of course enforcing the law is WWWAYCSIT!!!

10.) Muslims should stop blowing things up and killing people in the name of what is objectively the worst religion in human history not to involve human sacrifice.

Lol what gains? Hispanics and blacks are still at the bottom, their average net worth is basically the same as it was in the 50s adjusting for inflation. Only asians made considerable gains.
pew_graphs.png.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.png

3 decades of Affirmative Action and a black president achieved nothing.
boom. limp wrists roasted.

Although I don't agree with Hillary, and am exhausted by her, your post here actually supports her point. She didn't lose because of white people feeling their position slip relative to other groups, but that is absolutely where the Alt-Right has come from.

Many working and lower class whites(including many in the war room) believe in a white genocide. Hell, 40% of Republicans in a fairly recent Fox News Poll think that minorities are treated more favorably than whites in the US. This is because they have been trained to blame minorities and the "other" for their tough luck. The truth of course, is that(as you post shows) everyone but the wealthy have been getting buggered in the US since the 80's. So, to keep the attention off yourself, you sow division amongst the serfs in the easiest ways possible.

Now here we are with Trump getting a bump from the fostering of this sentiment amongst white people of a certain financial demographic. Hillary is giving that too much weight though. It contributed to the Trump phenomenon, but it is a broader trend than just this election and she could've done a dozen things differently to win this election.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/18/pf/wealth-inequality/index.html
needs more affirmative action, reparations and Obama phones.

who gives DOD a pay raise? police officers?
what about farm subsidies?
the religious right?

but of course it's all about being white, sure

How many farm-subsidy voters are there, do you think? Police-officer pay is a local issue.

Anyway, the point is never about 100% or even close to that of voters. I'm not saying that identity politics are the reason for every GOP vote. But it's very clearly a notable part of the coalition. That shouldn't even be a controversial claim. Like, I thought the $15/HR MW was a terrible idea, but I wouldn't deny that a lot of Democratic voters liked it, and some probably based their votes on it. If the shoe doesn't fit you, don't wear it. But it does obviously fit some people.

Its not like she is wrong. I would love to see her make one last run as long as her health permits it. She certainly deserves it
trololololol

but yes i agree, she should run again and ensure another right victory... and she does deserve it.

1.) The birther movement was a small sect of mouth breathing goof balls on the extreme far right almost a decade ago, but keep bringing it up as if it's still relevant.

2.) The Clinton Campaign was just trying to smear Bernie Sanders for being Jewish.

Both of these are factually untrue.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...partisan-divide-over-birther-question-n627446

-barack_obama_was_born_in_the_united_states-_republicans_democrats_chartbuilder_4b7439d88c759bc84f7276552e692fde.nbcnews-ux-600-480.png

And what you're referring to is a communication not from the Clinton campaign but the DNC, and the discussion was not about smearing Sanders for being Jewish but about bringing up possible atheism of an unnamed Jewish politician.

This is verifiably false, of course.

1. Birther's
2. Obama is a Muslim
3. Trump's entire fucking campaign
4. The Republican Party platform
5. Opposition to DACA
6. BLM is a terrorist organization
7. There's no such thing as anti-black racism in modern day America
8. Affirmative Action opposition
9. Etc.
10. Fucking etc.

Affirmative action is discrimination.

BLM go around burning down neighborhoods and hurting people.

Illegal aliens are breaking the law, regardless if it is because they have shitty parents. Illegal aliens are not a race, they are of every race.

derp

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...partisan-divide-over-birther-question-n627446

-barack_obama_was_born_in_the_united_states-_republicans_democrats_chartbuilder_4b7439d88c759bc84f7276552e692fde.nbcnews-ux-600-480.png

And what you're referring to is a communication not from the Clinton campaign but the DNC, and the discussion was not about smearing Sanders for being Jewish but about bringing up possible atheism of an unnamed Jewish politician.

The optics were a little hinky at times for Hussein Obama.

Obama-Islam.jpg

197664_5_.jpg

Obama%20Muslim%20Garb%20with%20brother%20Malik%20&%20Kenyan%20Muslim.jpg

Obamas-Ring.jpg

obama-muslim.jpg

biografia-aparecida-en-un-libro-de-obama-en-2007.png

Oh, and I can produce my birth certificate in a few minutes. Why couldn't a President do the same? He should have just squashed the BS on the first day. Maybe he wanted controversy?

How many farm-subsidy voters are there, do you think? Police-officer pay is a local issue.

Anyway, the point is never about 100% or even close to that of voters. I'm not saying that identity politics are the reason for every GOP vote. But it's very clearly a notable part of the coalition. That shouldn't even be a controversial claim. Like, I thought the $15/HR MW was a terrible idea, but I wouldn't deny that a lot of Democratic voters liked it, and some probably based their votes on it. If the shoe doesn't fit you, don't wear it. But it does obviously fit some people.
my bad, i thought you were implying that was the majority of their base. I absolutely agree it's a significant portion, i was just merely highlighting other reasons people may vote that way.

to me it's partly why libertarianism in it's current form formed, others agreed w/ only the fiscal conservative notions of the right ( well ideological ones, not perhaps ever enacted in real life) but didn't want to be associated w/ either the religious, or uh other aspects that can be found on that side

you'd think many of those would vote left, to at least get the socially liberal policies they favor enacted, as the right doesn't actually tend to enact the fiscally conservative policies they essentially espouse. I wonder that sometimes too, but it's probably they only care about small government due to lack of trust in the government. Voting left would surely increase the federal government non Defense to facilitate whatever programs are passed or improved, so their only realistic option is voting right in their minds. Most 'conservatives' i know personally IRL actually fall into this category, not the Fox News watching variety

Well she was proclaimed the most qualified candidate in history by Obama himself. A "once eva." I've heard that before somewhere .

Some one needs to make the Rousey-Holm finish into a gif of Trump KOing Hilldawg and then blaming whitey in her post fight speech.

my bad, i thought you were implying that was the majority of their base. I absolutely agree it's a significant portion, i was just merely highlighting other reasons people may vote that way.

I was saying it was an essential portion--that they wouldn't win presidential elections or Congressional majorities without that portion. I think we're agreed on that (and, to tie it to the thread, I still think a reasonable criticism of Clinton's point was that that's a constant rather than something particular to 2016).

you'd think many of those would vote left, to at least get the socially liberal policies they favor enacted, as the right doesn't actually tend to enact the fiscally conservative policies they essentially espouse. I wonder that sometimes too, but it's probably they only care about small government due to lack of trust in the government. Voting left would surely increase the federal government non Defense to facilitate whatever programs are passed or improved, so their only realistic option is voting right in their minds. Most 'conservatives' i know personally IRL actually fall into this category, not the Fox News watching variety

I suspect you have a strongly non-representative group of friends. The social stuff (including racial resentment politics) is the more-popular aspect of the GOP's pitch. Pluralities or majorities of self-identified Republicans support *more* progressive taxation, protecting or expanding entitlements, higher MWs, and other policies that would never be considered for a second by Republican elected officials. It's long been the formula that you get votes for an unpopular economic agenda by pressing the right social buttons. That also explains *why* a lot of Republican policies don't get enacted even when they have control (like Bush's SS privatization scheme or the recent attempt to fuck with people's healthcare). When you're on the sidelines, it's easy to say, "Obamacare is killing us," and rally voters behind you as part of general Obama hatred, but when you actually have a plan on the table, and people see that it fucks them, they don't like it so much, and vulnerable legislators back off a little.

1.) I thought you couldn't see my posts? Convenient. Or you just outed yourself as a liar once again.

2.) From the article "Seventy-two percent of registered Republican voters still doubt President Obama’s citizenship"

Sure they do. You can literally make a poll say anything. Remember that poll that put Obama's approval rating at zero?

3.) Obviously Hillary was talking about someone else...

Some one needs to make the Rousey-Holm finish into a gif of Trump KOing Hilldawg and then blaming whitey in her post fight speech.

Gotta get the frog meme in that one somehow, could be one of the greatest troll gifs Eva .

Back