Highlander is the best damn show of all time

In the GOAT T.V. series discussion for sure...

And that's undisputed in my book.

I enjoyed it, but I'm more of a Conor man, myself.

bf2de40a5492bcebdbdeed2ec57709a0.jpg

Nah man Conor was cool but Duncan would've beat his ass. Duncan killed him in one of the movies but I don't consider that canon. Mainly because that movie sucked.

Yep one of my favorite series.

As i have said before it really dealt with immortality in a realistic fashion that wasn't seen before and showed how damn depressing it would be.

For real. It showed what immortality might be like in a fairly realistic way....at least for the time. Immortality would NOT be all good.

Minus all the chicks you could bang and not get STDS or get them knocked up because <20> sterility and healing powers!

Yep! No herpes for immortals! :D

And Tessa was fuckin bangin! I never knew why she didn't make more movies. That girl was fine as fuck

images

Only if you forget about the finale for season 5 and almost the entirety of season 6 then yes. You are correct.

Only if you forget about the finale for season 5 and almost the entirety of season 6 then yes. You are correct.

It's true. It's true :(

Although I did like the supernatural angle at the end of season 5.
But yeah they completely screwed that up in season 6 no doubt

It's true. It's true :(

Although I did like the supernatural angle at the end of season 5.
But yeah they completely screwed that up in season 6 no doubt
I will admit the immortal girls in season 6 were nice to look at, at least. But they should have just given everyone what they wanted and just did a damn Methos spinoff.

Kickass movie, Kickass television series, Kickass theme song.

Highlander brand is one of the best of all time.

I will admit the immortal girls in season 6 were nice to look at, at least. But they should have just given everyone what they wanted and just did a damn Methos spinoff.

True.

I thought a Fitzcairnn (sp?) spinoff would be hilarious too, but no. No we got that weird Amanda spinoff that sucked. Oh well.

Love the original film but I think the mythologies importance in its success is a bit overstated, the TV series was ok I spose compared to the sequel films but never anywhere near as good as that first film.

The original Highlander film was the shit. It gets a 10/10 from me.

I do actually think the "geekification" of it that happened in turning it into a franchise does the original film a disservice reducing it just to the idea behind the mythology.

To me that film is a strangely effective melting pot, you have a lot 80's action references to it but also hints at 80's apocalypicism(Blade Runner, Escape from Newyork, Terminator), surprisingly deep dramatic fantasy with some very nice visual touches.

monlisa2.png

Afterwards the franchise tended to shift towards more wish fulfilment with its central concept but the original did actually have more depth to it.

Nah man Conor was cool but Duncan would've beat his ass. Duncan killed him in one of the movies but I don't consider that canon. Mainly because that movie sucked.

For real. It showed what immortality might be like in a fairly realistic way....at least for the time. Immortality would NOT be all good.

Yep! No herpes for immortals! :D

And Tessa was fuckin bangin! I never knew why she didn't make more movies. That girl was fine as fuck

images

Shit that show was probably close with buffy for having a horde of hot women in there

The shows bloopers were hilarious too

It was one of my favorite shows absolutely, i was craving it here lately so got contv just for it so ive been watching the fuck out of it, opening theme song makes me want to go to the gym and get that 275. Also lost my shit on that one episode where Roddy Piper pops up out of nowhere.

Duncan is the coolest motherfucker ever, that actor totally makes the show. I had a friend back in the day when i was a kid who had an older uncle who was obsessed with Highlander, he even had full size replica wooden sparring swords that we would fuck each other up with.

Honestly I always felt Adrian Paul had the acting range of a block of wood, nothing close to Lambert who had serious chops but ended up typecast as an action hero post Highlander.

Well Jim Byrnes is cool anyway.

I do actually think the "geekification" of it that happened in turning it into a franchise does the original film a disservice reducing it just to the idea behind the mythology.

To me that film is a strangely effective melting pot, you have a lot 80's action references to it but also hints at 80's apocalypicism(Blade Runner, Escape from Newyork, Terminator), surprisingly deep dramatic fantasy with some very nice visual touches.

monlisa2.png

Afterwards the franchise tended to shift towards more wish fulfilment with its central concept but the original did actually have more depth to it.
The first movie was P4P for sure. I thought the third movie was very good also, and the series was a great adaption of the Highlander story.

I'm guessing there was some retcon involved though, because after the first movie there shouldn't have been any more immortals to keep the story rolling.

The first movie was P4P for sure. I thought the third movie was very good also, and the series was a great adaption of the Highlander story.

I'm guessing there was some retcon involved though, because after the first movie there shouldn't have been any more immortals to keep the story rolling.

I have to admit I do quite enjoy the second film just as a bit of camp 80's fun with Connery and Ironside camping it up, the third feels like a low rent rerun of the original.

I would actually recommend reading the original WIden Showclan script(must be around on the net somewhere, I remember reading it a decade or more ago), differs quite significantly from the final film.

Great movie
Great tv series
Great anime

Back