Hey trumphiles why don't you boycott Hollywood stars?

You seem to be big on confrontation but small on substance. What's up with that?

What issue of substance have you brought up? This is your fault. Engage in honest discussion and I will enable the conversation.

Well they pretend fora living and if their is a movie I want to see if will watch it.
I try not to pay attention. I only see celebs opinions on politics on sherdog.
Do you guys watch a movie for an actress or actor rather than what the movie looks like to you?
Not directors but the actors.
For an example going to see Dunstin checks in because Costanza was in it?

If something is entertaining to me, I honestly wouldn't boycott it.

Like Mike Tyson. Sure he may have raped but I pay to watch him punch people lifeless so I don't care about what he did out of the ring.

Same on both accounts, and I only went to see Arrival to try out some new full electric recliners that were installed in one of the nearby theaters. The seats were impressive. Arrival was yeah, meh. entertaining enough but nothing to write home about.

It seemed the point of the movie was to encourage globalization.

Yeah, there was definitely an underlying message they were trying to get across. e.g. globalization

It was okay. Just slow.

Nah I'm good lol, do your thang

giphy.gif

I haven't watched a Jane Fonda movie in 40 years, doing my part.

I like to be entertained.
I like their movies, and the political stuff is entertainment too. They act like assholes in the movies, and in life.. ok.

Same on both accounts, and I only went to see Arrival to try out some new full electric recliners that were installed in one of the nearby theaters. The seats were impressive. Arrival was yeah, meh. entertaining enough but nothing to write home about.

It seemed the point of the movie was to encourage globalization.
Pretty much the point of every movie these days.

Last edited:
The one celebrity who induces nausea like few others for me, is Ben Affleck. Especially with his affair on Jennifer Garner and then his deluded self-importance/ignorance on Islam.

Last edited:
Because I don't consider people with a different political viewpoint as enemies I need to boycott or destroyed.
It is just a very small part that makes up my personality so it doesn't bother me that much if someone has a different political view.

Sure there are limits if people are hardcore right or left and are very passionate about it I probably won't be mates with them.
But just because I can't be mates with someone doesn't mean I won't use the product they produce they produce.
People take this stuff way too seriously, especially in the US everyone taking two steps back and relax would be a very good thing right about now.
I disagree. People don't care unless it is affecting them personally and seemingly have no stake in the outcome for future generations. It is this indifference that makes me think the west may deserve what is coming.

I'm sure politicians see the ideal citizen as the good consumer that makes their life easy. Makes it easier on their lobbyists friends too. I seriously doubt we'd have Trump if we passively let the media decide the narrative and weren't proactive about it.

Back on topic, I'll tell ya a movie I loved:

BTW, why don't liberals bitch about Hollywood stars making MANY times more than all of the other people involved in making the film? (as they do with CEOs)
Because an actor memorizing lines deserves to be paid 20 milliojn while a grip gets $15,000.

But a Ceo having to make decisions for the company, its workers, shareholders,and YOUR 401K don't deserve the 20 million while the line guy is making $25,000

Honestly, I thought Tennessee would be a better location. Since the area already holds a strong secondary music industry that is rather conservative.

But Hollywood has a monopoly on the industry right now. It would take a lot of shifting and investment to start a second movie industry. And Vancouver has already become the secondary location for smaller productions.
Yea, the place that all the raise the tax liberal hollywood people run off to to get tax breaks for their movies.

I love the I steal it im not part of it crowd. Like yall dont own these video games , and little collectables and all the toys with tie ins that your parents bought you and that you probably buy your kids. You are all more than likely part of it but try to deny it. Its like how nickelback has sold a billion records but you cant find a person that likes em. Bullshit says I

People don't pay for George Clooney movies. This guy does not make hit films and the movies he has been in that are hits, are hits for reasons other than him.

George is a famous guy but he doesn't bring people into the theater.

I already boycott your soapbox queen Merl Streap's hero Roman Polanski. Dude gets a standing ovation from Hollywood despite drugging and raping a young girl.
but Trump talks dirty in private conversations and that is way worse than drugging and raping a little girl.

Hard to boycott something I already don't spend money on. Even if I did though, I don't agree with boycotting something because a completely unrelated political disagreement. Boycotts should be for reasons that pertain to the thing you're boycotting. I'm not petty enough to support one just to "stick it to" someone because I don't like them.

Provided they don't take it to insane levels, it doesn't bother me terribly when people don't believe just like I do.

Back