Hey Ireland. (Newspapers) You are irrelevant without Conor.

Barry mcgugan

If you're interested in the fight game you'd know some of our boxers, mcgregor is far from the best.

Andy lee
Steve Collins
Katie Taylor
Bernard dunne
Francie barret
Carl Frampton

Not bad for a little island

forgetting ryan burnett, tj doheny, jason quigley and mick conlon

Going back further, Wayne McCullogh, Michael Carruth

Also how has Niall Horan not been mentioned yet

It sounds more like the Irish just want things to go back to the way they were before McGregor.

Northern Irleand, whether you want to actually face reality or not is now its own seperate country that is part of britain. And a great many people who are Northern Irish are proud to be Northern Irish.

You claiming them to be Irish is basically saying that you think the country That they are proud to be from should not be taken seriously and is not a real country.

Which is a pretty derogatory way of looking at things,

They are Northern Irish.

You just called them British one post ago. Talk about hypocrite... I'm from Belfast and I'm 100% Irish. My passport is Irish. A lot of the people on that list from the North would consider themselves Irish too.

No one in the world cares about your small country. You're just a zit on Englands rear. Understand that the day Conor dissapears, so do you. We'll all go back to got giving a shit about you. Show more respect to your only representitive; the only person from Ireland people know or care about. He put you on the map. And he did it with pride.
giphy.gif

forgetting ryan burnett, tj doheny, jason quigley and mick conlon

Going back further, Wayne McCullogh, Michael Carruth

Also how has Niall Horan not been mentioned yet

Ahahaha good one! I was sitting on the loo at the time so they were the first to come to mind.

You have the best nights out in Ireland though, so many places to go in Dublin. And the South and West coast are beautiful. Galway is a great town to go out in. If it had nicer weather more often it would be heaven

Northern Irleand, whether you want to actually face reality or not is now its own seperate country that is part of britain. And a great many people who are Northern Irish are proud to be Northern Irish.

You claiming them to be Irish is basically saying that you think the country That they are proud to be from should not be taken seriously and is not a real country.

Which is a pretty derogatory way of looking at things,

They are Northern Irish.

Oh just the same way the polish French, Dutch and others were suddenly German when under occupation.

suggest you check out the good friday agreement you silly ignorant cunt
How about you show some fucking common sense.

Yes people from Northern ireland are allowed to class themselves as Irish, But some of those people on the list are proud to be Northern Irish.

Point being that its their choice and its not up to some dipshit form ireland to decide for them.

Last edited:
You just called them British one post ago. Talk about hypocrite... I'm from Belfast and I'm 100% Irish. My passport is Irish. A lot of the people on that list from the North would consider themselves Irish too.

Because some of them are proud to be Northern Irish and British.

Again, They and you have every right to decide. you can identify more with being Irish, or as some do, identify more with being British.

Point again being that its an individual choice for them and not some random pricks decision.

Last edited:

Again, They and you have every right to decide. you can identify more with being Irish, or as some do, identify more with being British.

Point again being that its an individual choice for them and not some random pricks decision.

Agreed

Northern Irland had a vote in 1973 and they voted whether to stay as part of the UK or reunite Irleand. The Northern Irish people voted to remain British.

And here is a census form around 7 years ago as to how the population of N.I feel.

2011 census[7]
National Identity Respondents
British

Northern Irish

Irish

English, Scottish or Welsh

Other

So, No,, Despite some Irish people unable to let it go, N.I are now independant and have mad it known how they feel.

l

I think you will find that the majority of the Northern Irish people mentioned on that list are from a nationalist background (exceptions being Kenneth Brannagh and CS Lewis)

And why the fuck did you basically just regurgitate the core principle of the GF agreement, when I was the one who brought it up?

Your point was that Northern Irish people were not Irish, my point is that that is totally incorrect , as you correctly state above they have the right to choose

And however you choose to define in it, they are all from the island of Ireland

Finally, a tad arrogant to argue about the history and complexities of a country, when you are not even from there

Northern Irland had a vote in 1973 and they voted whether to stay as part of the UK or reunite Irleand. The Northern Irish people voted to remain British.

And here is a census form around 7 years ago as to how the population of N.I feel.

2011 census[7]
British

Northern Irish

Irish

Other

So, No,, Despite some Irish people unable to let it go, N.I are now independant and have mad it known how they feel.

on this , Ill think you find that the nationalist / unionist split is now trending towards 50:50. Its irrelevant anyway as most irish people are comfortable with the principles of the GF agreement and the dual status of Northern Ireland

Link below since you are so interested in none of your fucking business

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-northern-ireland-43823506

I think you will find that the majority of the Northern Irish people mentioned on that list are from a nationalist background (exceptions being Kenneth Brannagh and CS Lewis)

And why the fuck did you basically just regurgitate the core principle of the GF agreement, when I was the one who brought it up?

Your point was that Northern Irish people were not Irish, my point is that that is totally incorrect , as you correctly state above they have the right to choose

Finally, a tad arrogant to argue about the history and complexities of a country, when you are not even from there

No, my point was that a few of the people on the list were from Northern ireland and may consider themselves British, Someone from Ireland can't just list a load of people who are norhern Irish and assume they identify more with being Irish than British.

Thats just as arrogant as British people assuming anyomne from Nortehrn ireland is British.

It works both ways.

Oh, and please don't assume I don;t have any connection the the country.

No, my point was that a few of the people on the list were from Northern ireland and may consider themselves British, Someone from Ireland can't just list a load of people who are norhern Irish and assume they identify more with being Irish than British.

Thats just as arrogant as British people assuming anyomne from Nortehrn ireland is British.

It works both ways.

Man seriously, read above

Read my earlier post, Ive basically just dealt with your response above

Where are you from? Just curious as to what makes you think you are qualified to debate the complexities of what “irishness” means?

Its not as simple as Unionist vs Nationalist or Catholic vs Protestant

Some people consider themselves as both British and Irish. Some Catholics consider themselves British. Its not straightforward and I would discourage you from perpetuating simplistic nonsense on forums

2011 census[7]
British

Northern Irish

Irish

Other

Yes and it could be said 533,085 + 513,390 identify as Irish, not British. But we all know how people identify at elections, with only around 12,000 between the unionist DUP and UUP versus the nationalist Sinn Fein and SDLP in the 2016 Assembly elections.

Back