Here's one thing I dont understand about Sonnen...

All these guys care about is money.

Most of those "genius" post-fight interviews were copied verbatim from pro wrestling promos.

remember when he choked shogun out and then wand ducked him?

good times
No

I remember rashad mounting him and chael flailing around like a girl

And just remember him getting tapped out few hours ago

No

I remember rashad mounting him and chael flailing around like a girl

And just remember him getting tapped out few hours ago

you dont remember?

chaelboom.jpg

sonnen could take wand down in jeans and flip flops lol
Chael+Sonnen+Takes+Down+Wanderlei+Silva+in+TUF+Brazil+3.gif

Well you're entitled to your opinion.

However, I disagree.

He might promote full time else where, however, he's a contract fighter for Bellator and UFC. Sure promoting is part of his job description but the more important part of his job is fighting and he doesn't fight as well as he talks.

Well I can agree that he doesn't fight as well as has talks. But that talk isn't serious. Just like McGregor he purposely plays the heel. The only guys I'm not sure about is Bisping or Diaz. I can't tell whether they're geniuses at self promoting or just that way.

Well I can agree that he doesn't fight as well as has talks. But that talk isn't serious. Just like McGregor he purposely plays the heel. The only guys I'm not sure about is Bisping or Diaz. I can't tell whether they're geniuses at self promoting or just that way.

And those are the worst type of fighters...

The ones that just talk for show... That can't back it up in the end...

McGregor talked and then backed it up *most of the time*

That's why people tolerated his "talk" in the beginning and exactly why many are getting tired of it now -> because he's doing too much talking and not enough defending.

Why and I do mean WHY fans still listen to him trash talk and take it seriously when he rarely backs it up?

I'm not bashing the guy and he do have some decent wins under his belt but I mean can you really take him seriously at times?

He was the first to challenge and not be afraid and take on silva when he was at his most dangerous

Why and I do mean WHY fans still listen to him trash talk and take it seriously when he rarely backs it up?

I'm not bashing the guy and he do have some decent wins under his belt but I mean can you really take him seriously at times?

Most reasonable people listen to him, are entertained by his jabber and don't take is seriously because they are not idiots. He's over the top, he knows hes over the top, we know he's over the top, simple minded people and Tito Ortiz can't tell the difference.

When all is said in done, he almost finished Silva in his unstoppable era, and as strang as it is, if he would have survived that round vs Jon with the broken toe, he would have won that fight

He's a con artist. He took a dive against Bones, Evans, Tito etc. The guy is a fraud. He gives up very easily so he can avoid the ass whooping.

I find his trash talk funny and entertaining. I take very little of what he says about anything seriously.

i could never take him seriously.
the version on anderson he was talking to/about hadn't lost to weidman yet and had shown no signs of weakness.
granted chael performed well but he still didn't win.

who is his best win?

Back