News Henry Cejudo announces he is NOT retiring

He didn't have the cardio to fight merab at all .

He's 37. He really needs to condition and try fighting with a style that doesn't focus in agility or speed he's these fighters don't realize they slow down with age and they lose their reaction times

Why Anderson had to quit and guys like Randy and glieson had crazy success they were smart.

Henry may be an Olympic athlete but at 37 38 he's not gonna be faster than merab who's in his prime 20s or have his cardio

He didn't have the cardio to fight merab at all .

He's 37. He really needs to condition and try fighting with a style that doesn't focus in agility or speed he's these fighters don't realize they slow down with age and they lose their reaction times

Why Anderson had to quit and guys like Randy and glover had crazy success they were smart.

Henry may be an Olympic athlete but at 37 38 he's not gonna be faster than merab who's in his prime 20s or have his cardio

If he's ok with never being the champ anymore, then why not, he's still dangerous.

He's still a beast and looks like he has gas left in the tank to me. Pleased he's sticking around and hope he can stay active.
Henry beats none of the top guys at 135 lbs imo. He's just gonna keep on losing if he fights the top guys, he needs to retire, he's 37.

Last edited:
If by "step down" you mean he's fighting Umar next lol. ;) UFC is in the business of building names off the old guys, Henry isn't getting any favorable tune ups I imagine.

That’s not a ufc thing. That’s a combat sports thing. And he should take that fight.

He won't retire because the UFC won't give him the mic after he loses. If he wins they will probably give him the mic

I don't even like him but if he can put on some banger fights against Sandhagen, Song Yadong, Petr Yan, etc that's great, and he can give name value to any up-and-comers who can beat him, or even if he wins still it adds a lot to face a former double champ

Trying to come back at 35+ yo, against division champions and #1 contenders was always a tall task.

He's definitely still capable of fighting inside the top 10. Should be a good wrestling gatekeeper at 135 lbs.

He is not retiring but he slowed down a little. I hope he can get his cardio sorted. He honestly did fairly well before he got tired.

He ain't gonna improve his cardio at his age to be relevant at lighter weights, doubt you ever stepped in a gym brah.

Cejudo got embarrassed at wrestling. Merab was carrying him around while talking to Zuck. He should really stick to fun fights against veterans.

Back