Heavyweight is just embarrassing right now

Lots of divisions have problems right now. LHW is also facing a shortage of fresh blood and contenders. Same with Flyweight. Welterweight isn't exactly in good shape either.

HW has declined pretty bad. Far cry from Pride's HW division. That being said, it's still good enough for some elite LHW's to duck it.

It always seems like there are two, maybe three good fighters at a time in HW and the UFC just feeds them cans to bolster their records. Stipe probably has this shit on lockdown now since it's worse than it ever has been.

Lots of divisions have problems right now. LHW is also facing a shortage of fresh blood and contenders. Same with Flyweight. Welterweight isn't exactly in good shape either.

Add in bantamweight(Assuncao ranked #4, Caraway #7) and all the WMMA divisions.

Add in bantamweight(Assuncao ranked #4, Caraway #7) and all the WMMA divisions.

Well, with Bantamweight the nexus Cruz, Cody and TJ is alluring enough to keep things going for a bit, but they definitely need to get their act together before they are left hung to dry.

DJ could conceivably compete for the BW title, but after the TJ fiasco who knows. Maybe TJ can go down and spice things down for FLW, if things don't play out. I don't see who Demetrius could fight past Borg at this point.

I love love love Alistair but he takes an L to Jones, Cormier or Rumble.

The new calculated overeem would easily outsmart and beat rumble. He only has a chance of knocking him out within the first couple minutes of round one. If he doesnt than reem beats him easily.

Alistair, Werdum and stipe would be jone's toughest fights at hw. Jones does not have knockout power to take reem out and I do not see Jones landing a high kick on 6 foot 4 reem.

I actually see both alistair and stipe.beating jones at hw and werdum having a very good chance as well. All 3 are better fighters than gus, are larger and same height as gus, have much more power and Jones could not knockout any of them.

Last edited:
Ahh man... the days... frankly, they should just take HW out of regular divisional rules in terms of testing and let these people roid until they start sweating GH and test because body can't absorb more, or they start shitting and vomiting muscle. What else? Otherwise it's this depressing nonsense. Hypetrains made of paper, contenders who are eaither on gear anyways, or exist in HW just because of their ability to be fat enough...

also no weight limit.

It was a fun division, but that doesn't make it a great division. Fuck, you had to put Aleks and Herring so that the list wasn't too short.
I certainly didn't "have to" put Aleks and Herring, I just enjoyed a lot of their fights in Pride tremendously. They had tons of great HWs come through

Frye
Colmeman
Mark Kerr
Fujita
Goodridge
Igor
Bob fucking Sapp
early Mark Hunt

all had great fights in the division

They didn't call him The Last Emperor por nada

I'd love to see DC back at HW period

Still dont understand why he ever left,just because your latina gf wears the pants in the house doesnt mean you cant snatch that belt from her.lol

Was a fan of him during strikeforce but,you dont go into someones kingdom disrespecting the throne with your flashy ribbons.
<DCrying>

Still dont understand why he ever left,just because your latina gf wears the pants in the house doesnt mean you cant snatch that belt from her.lol

Was a fan of him during strikeforce but,you dont go into someones kingdom disrespecting the throne with your flashy ribbons.
<DCrying>
Especially when your special grappling buddy is never healthy enough to fight and you are the much more likely HW champion of the couple

Well, with Bantamweight the nexus Cruz, Cody and TJ is alluring enough to keep things going for a bit, but they definitely need to get their act together before they are left hung to dry.

DJ could conceivably compete for the BW title, but after the TJ fiasco who knows. Maybe TJ can go down and spice things down for FLW, if things don't play out. I don't see who Demetrius could fight past Borg at this point.
Rivera

Back