Heard the most dominant thing at the gym this morning (story time)

J

John Wang

After finishing my workout, I went up to the counter to pay for a protein shake
(Pure Pro - Cookies n Creme (HNNNNNGG) )
045529556683_433f707c-4347-443c-90a2-7310146bb8ca_600x_crop_center.jpg

Anyways, these two guys are loitering at the counter sipping on their shakes having a discussion about weight cutting. One of the guys was around 20 or so if I had to guess and the other guy had to be in his 50s. For this story we'll call the 20yo Damarius and the 50yo Jame.

As I was paying for my shake, this is the convo that I overheard:

Jame "Now when it's time to cut, I can't emphasize enough how important it is to cease your strength training and change your routine to one that is more low intensity cardio-based."

Damarius "Cardio-based? So should I also workout but do more reps with lighter weight?"

Jame "I wouldn't workout at all because when you're cutting, your body is not going to be building any sort of muscle at all. If you're in a caloric deficit, your body will not have enough building blocks to build anything. So when you're working out and tearing down your muscle fibers, your body will not even be able to get your muscles back to the level that they were because you do not have enough calories. So every time you workout while in a caloric deficit, you're just wasting away your muscle. Don't workout and preserve that muscle you've worked hard for. Low intensity cardio will help reveal them."

Damarius "That makes sense I guess."

Brb not going to workout ever again until I am finished with my cut.
Brb muscles wasting away just by typing this
Brb brb

Last edited by a moderator:
did they mention the anabolic window? bros love dropping that in every conversation they have

I always laugh at the logic of lighter weights for more reps when looking to drop weight and not build muscle. The hypertrophy phase of most training is going to be higher rep.

I always laugh at the logic of lighter weights for more reps when looking to drop weight and not build muscle. The hypertrophy phase of most training is going to be higher rep.
"I don't want to get bulky, just want to tone"

What was your story about again? I didn't read the OP.

Cliffs:
Anyways, these two guys are loitering at the counter sipping on their shakes having a discussion about weight cutting. One of the guys was around 20 or so if I had to guess and the other guy had to be in his 50s. For this story we'll call the 20yo Damarius and the 50yo Jame.

Jame "Now when it's time to cut, I can't emphasize enough how important it is to cease your strength training and change your routine to one that is more low intensity cardio-based."

Damarius "Cardio-based? So should I also workout but do more reps with lighter weight?"

Jame "I wouldn't workout at all because when you're cutting, your body is not going to be building any sort of muscle at all. If you're in a caloric deficit, your body will not have enough building blocks to build anything. So when you're working out and tearing down your muscle fibers, your body will not even be able to get your muscles back to the level that they were because you do not have enough calories. So every time you workout while in a caloric deficit, you're just wasting away your muscle. Don't workout and preserve that muscle you've worked hard for. Low intensity cardio will help reveal them."

Brb brb

Cliffs:

Brb brb

Sounds cool, is it on Netflix?

Sounds to me that damarius was getting groomed by jame.
Did the older one mention going in dry or uphill gardening.?

Sounds to me that damarius was getting groomed by jame.
Did the older one mention going in dry or uphill gardening.?
Nope, but I wasn't there long.. just long enough to hear that and start dominating laughter within myself.

Back