Headgear

The Everlast sucks in my opinion. It feels like a rock and when you're getting punched it rattles your brain. I can't recommend it. Rival headgears usually offer good vision but virtually no nose protection. You have to pick one, you can't have both. I'd rather go with a headgear that offers nose protection rather than top notch vision.

o wow.. im surprised to hear that about the everlast. i thought it was gonna be worth it for a 100 bucks. guess not. ahaha

hmm the rival.. or title?

It might be worth it for some, but the padding to me is like concrete, inside and outside. It gave me headaches immediately and I got rid of it soon. Also the quality sucked, the seams were uneven and not in a straight line, it just looked very poorly made. But that's Everlast these days.

The Title facesaver is very bulky, almost like a helmet. I wouldn't recommend it. Don't think the fit is gonna be good either.

If you lean towards the Everlast one try this one: Deluxe Face Saver Boxing Headgear - Boxing Gear - FightGear

It's basically the same in terms of the design. In terms of the padding (very dense on the Everlast) it can't possibly be any worse. Same for the quality, I'm pretty sure it's better than the Everlast. And it's only 79 bucks.

yeah if you dont want the winning fg2900 (which covers all your points) then i would say the fightgear nosebar, fightgear masters, reyes mexican style, ring to cage mexican,

hmm ok, and any reviews on the ring to cage headgear i posted up anyone?

They're basically the same. Get the Ringside version, save about 30 bucks.

no no no just hold out and keep using your head to block punches until our new facesaver and caged headgear coming out in the next few months.

Just playing I would say going with the Fg-2900 clone or any other mexican style headgear would meet your criteria just fine. Facesavers are great however they are a bit bulkier, and you'd have to keep your chin down (which you should be doing) or slipping back an extra inch or 2 as your more suspect to uppecuts catching on the bar and snapping your head back, but that was never the first complaint i got from people that purchased facesavers from me. the main complaint was that when you get punched in the face you either get choked by the chin strap, or if you have a bigger nose the bar smashes into it. Then again this feedback was not from fighters but from people that picked up the our facesaver headgears expecting some mystical device that would allow them to spar without even noticing that they are even gettting hit. Which is who we are building out next batch of facesavers for, and that's why we haven't restocked on them in almost 2 years.

Mike @ Gorilla

Last edited:
sorry guys if im asking too much questions, im just trying to get the best headgear since i plan to do this for a long time. So i guess i wont get the facesaver headgears. I dont mind getting hit in the nose, but what recommendations would you have on other headgears?

i really like the rival
Rival Traditional Training Headgear: Amazon.com: Sports & Outdoors

or

Rival Mexican Style Pro Training Headgear | Rival Headgear | MMA Headgear | Mixed Martial Arts Equipment & Apparel from Title Boxing
but keep in mind i dont want

or

Rival High Performance Training Headgear | Rival Headgear | MMA Headgear | Mixed Martial Arts Equipment & Apparel from Title Boxing

bulkyheadgear
block of vision

i do want
small headgear
good vision
does not move
and protects the temples very well if its not the gonna protect my nose ahha
not to hard either

please feel free to share, feel free to post up your opinions on a headgear that fit these descriptions :icon_lol:

Last edited:
this headgear small thinly padded reminded me of an AIBA greenhill headgear, so very little protection but light weight, small offers temple protection, i think it was on the hard side. but it's been a while since i looked at one.

Never seen it but i think it's probably your best bet, not sure how hard it is

Probably rival's most popular headgear i see it everywhere, very soft and comfortable, light weight, small, good padding on the sides, cheeks don't protect your face like i would assume the mexican style would but it provides great visibility. That's all i can tell you.

Mike @ Gorilla

really appreciate your feedback man, im really leaning towards the rival high performance right now. ive read some really good reviews on it, but if anyone else has opinions feel free. once again muchly appreciated for the support!

regardless to the brand of the head guard, please ensure you get the right sizing, because if you dont it's actually more dangerous than not wearing a head guard. i read a few years back of armature boxers getting brain damage due to the head guards not fitting correctly and a double impact effect was created when they got hit.

that must of been a pretty baggy hard as rock headguard

its just takes a slightly misfitted head guard to create the double impact. Myself I am not a fan of head guards for the reason I mentioned in this thread, but also I think it gives you a false sense of protection and encourages you take more head shots than what you would normally take without a head guard.

hmm theres not sizing chart

im 5'6-5'7 139-145lbs
i wear a size 7 1/8 for hats

maybe a medium?

usually i have found that most brands use the same sizing when it comes to head guards. most people's heads are 24" in circumference that puts them at a size large in head guard sizing, but I would always double check with the seller regarding sizing.

Back