"He should 'just fight'" - examples?

Rashad became extremely gun shy after the Jones fight. Never let go again after that

When Matt Brown was in his prime, his wins always looked like he was a drug dealer collecting from junkies that owed him money. He is one of the most violent dudes out there for sure; good selection.
This is the best description of Matt Brown I’ve ever read 😂

Whoever mentioned Matt Brown nailed it. The Wonderboy win. Most of his 2nd and 3rd round finishes.

Also most of Machida's losses.

They often say this when a guy is getting pieced up and out-skilled, meaning he should just start marching forward and go for broke/ make it an ugly fight to make up for the skill discrepancy. How many guys have actually done this and turned the fight around? I dont mean just a comeback, I mean guys who beat up a clearly more skilled opponent by just 'out-dogging' them?

I think of Cejudo Vs Moraes, but other than that I can't think of good examples, and Cejudo did use skill, he just switched his style up
to be honest, i think chito could of made the fight more messy and tight if he played less defense and more risky. i feel like his chin is more durable than sugas. but i suppose he didn't wanna take the risk of getting of getting koed and would rather lose by a landsliding decision.

Many will point to Leon Edwards vs Usman 1; but the reality is, Edwards fought the 5th round just like the previous 4 (losing decisively). He was fortunate to land the KO kick.

He took down, mounted, and took the back of Usman in the first round.

In the last round he was starting to piece Usman up and was on his way to losing 48-47 (winning 2 rounds).

Enough with the BS recidivist history - Edwards came out looking solid, gassed hard because of elevation, then managed to find a final gear and opening to get a late finish.

But he wasn’t down 4 rounds on his way to losing the 5th; he was going to lose the fight still though.

Back