"He should 'just fight'" - examples?

Dricus's whole career kind of looks like that, although I'd argue that it's less him being at a skill disadvantage and moreso his style being misunderstood.

Gaethje vs. Barboza and MJ kind of looked liked that.

Matt brown vs. Eric silva.
When Matt Brown was in his prime, his wins always looked like he was a drug dealer collecting from junkies that owed him money. He is one of the most violent dudes out there for sure; good selection.

It was obvious from round 1 that Sean had better footwork, speed, and accuracy. Standing on the outside and trying to out-snipe O'Malley was a bad idea. His corner should have found a way to have him non-stop attacking starting from round 2. Would have been a different fight.
Agreed -- it seemed as though Chito fought Sean's fight the whole time except for a few short moments.

Mike breeden vs anshul jubli lol

I was literally thinking about starting a thread about this fight today, just to make sure we don't forget how ridiculous it was.

That guy had handily lost the entire fight and then starts barking and that Indian fella immediately starts looking shell shocked and gets beat up until he gets stopped.

Never seen anyone so shook lmao.

That guy straight up got scared. I don't know how a pro fighter gets so intimidated by an opponent he's clearly beating up for almost 3 rounds. I'd like to know his thought process because it was baffling.

There aren't many times that I come away from watching a fight saying "Fuck it, cut both of them".

...that bout was one of those times.

poatan vs Izzy 1

Izzy was dominating the fight, round 5 bell rings and Alex throws himself into the fight and gets straight to work

They often say this when a guy is getting pieced up and out-skilled, meaning he should just start marching forward and go for broke/ make it an ugly fight to make up for the skill discrepancy. How many guys have actually done this and turned the fight around? I dont mean just a comeback, I mean guys who beat up a clearly more skilled opponent by just 'out-dogging' them?

I think of Cejudo Vs Moraes, but other than that I can't think of good examples, and Cejudo did use skill, he just switched his style up
Mark Hominick vs Eddie Yagin? Commentary in that fight is just hilarious.

I came here to say this. The second he made that fight dirty, Okami was fucked.
One of those Rocky movie type moments where a guy comes out of the corner in a berserker rage. Huerta vs Guida and Condit vs Rory are another couple that ended like that.

Yeah it's kind of frustrating to watch a guy that's just getting pieced up and seems unwilling or unable to change anything. When they are just obviously losing the fight would still rather play it safe than to take a risk and try to go for it.

Sometimes it has to do with distance.

Like MVP VS Holland.

The distance was too long and MVP was dominating with ease. He was just more comfortable than Holland there. When Holland came closer he had way more success.

Not an example but a could have been

Chito was super gun shy against Sean and when Chito did try to attack, he bloodied Sean's nose and had success
Chito's last six performances in a nutshell.

Tim Boetsch vs Yushin Okami comes to mind.

Down 2 rounds, pulls out a sort of sloppy KO in the third

Mike breeden vs anshul jubli lol
giphy.gif

They often say this when a guy is getting pieced up and out-skilled, meaning he should just start marching forward and go for broke/ make it an ugly fight to make up for the skill discrepancy. How many guys have actually done this and turned the fight around? I dont mean just a comeback, I mean guys who beat up a clearly more skilled opponent by just 'out-dogging' them?

I think of Cejudo Vs Moraes, but other than that I can't think of good examples, and Cejudo did use skill, he just switched his style up
Leben

you mean 'making it dirty'

Anyone with a chin and power who is losing a fight basically.

Back