HBO triple header tonight

The Can Opener

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Didn't remember this was happening until just now. Glad I didn't miss out!

HBO October 21st (10:05PM ET/PT)

Jezreel Corales vs. Alberto Machado
(WBA super featherweight title)

Demetrius Andrade vs. Alantez Fox
(middleweight)

Ryan Burnett vs. Zhanat Zhakiyanov
(WBAIBF bantamweight title unification)

Corales missed weight by 4 pounds(which is a ton for a 130 pound fighter)so he lost his WBA super belt on the scale. If he wins the belt becomes vacant. If he loses Machado becomes the regular champion but not the super champion.

Jezreel was reallllllllly unimpressive in his last fight too.

I thought he was ok before that fight, but tbh hes nothing special. he gets beat by most of the top 130's or 135's if thats where he ends up

Corrales came in way over weight.

Corrales isn't close to anything special, anyway, so it's not like him lacking discipline is much of a disappointment. It will be interesting to see how Andrade looks at MW against a guy with a half-decent looking record (even if it's primarily against complete nobodies).

It will be interesting to see how Andrade looks at MW against a guy with a half-decent looking record (even if it's primarily against complete nobodies).
The guy is ranked 59 at MW on Boxrec so I doubt he stands much of a chance. Andrade is already calling out Golovkin trying to talk his way into a fight with him. I think he is going to need to do nore than this.

Corrales was promising at one point, I thought he mightve been the loser of his last fight.

Andrade fighting a name Ive never heard before, no surprise there, ok.

3rd fight are two new guys for me as well.

4 pounds at 130 is indeed a big miss. How old is Corrales?

4 pounds at 130 is indeed a big miss. How old is Corrales?

I think he's 26 which is way to old to be fucking around and losing your SUPER championship on the damn scale. Even if he wins and makes it a vacant belt he will probably need another win to fight for the bel. Even then it will be the regular belt instead of the super belt which means less of a cut from every defense going forward and it would be harder to get permission to fight people who aren't the mandatory challenger.

He could get a first round knockout tonight and still have fucked his career for the next year or two easily.

this is a good card. I have more faith in Jezreel than most, but missing weight by that much is an embarassment.

Burnett/ZZ should be a good fight

Burnett-Zhanat should start in a couple hours, hopefully a stream holds up. Great pick'em fight.

Burnett–Zhakiyanov is on tape delay if im not mistaken. Rebroadcast from the UK show.

Damn it, just looked at the Boxrec records.... Zhakat lost.

Everytime there's a newly crowned foreign champ, the Brits swoop in for a unification fight. Did it with Indongo too, but in that case it backfired.

These guys never even get the chance to defend before going for these high-caliber unification bouts!! They put Indongo in 2 back to back unification fights, which is crazy! He should have had three defences by then before going for any unification. They take advantage of these green champs.

I hope they don't toss Zhakiyanov to the side, we see that far too often. Would like to see both him and Indongo back on US TV again.

Damn it, just looked at the Boxrec records.... Zhakat lost.

Everytime there's a newly crowned foreign champ, the Brits swoop in for a unification fight. Did it with Indongo too, but in that case it backfired.

These guys never even get the chance to defend before going for these high-caliber unification bouts!! They put Indongo in 2 back to back unification fights, which is crazy! He should have had three defences by then before going for any unification. They take advantage of these green champs.

I hope they don't toss Zhakiyanov to the side, we see that far too often. Would like to see both him and Indongo back on US TV again.

Dang boy!! Why did you post this here.. people wait all day for the fights and you spoil it..

Don't do this again

10 oclock in ny right now. main event starting at midnight

wtf

Ha ha.. " what does Kova have left?"

Back