HBO July 15/2017--Triple Header

CatchnShoot

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread on this yet, so:

berchelt-vs-miura-announcement-1920.jpg

Miguel Berchelt (31-1-0 (28 KO's)) vs Takashi Miura (31-3-2 (24 KO's))
Jezreel Corrales (21-1-0 (8KO's)) vs. Robinson Castellanos (24-12-0 (14 KO's))
Joe Smith Jr. (23-1-0 (19 KO's)) vs. Sullivan Barrera (19-1-0 (14 KO's))

The dude that violently retired BHop faces off against former Andre Ward opponent Sullivan Barrera
A slickster that seemingly couldn't crack and egg against the definition of a journeyman
Topped off with the symphony of violence that will be Berchelt vs Miura

Good fucking times kids.

Have a bit of money on Joe Smith Jr as an underdog. Think he can possibly come from behind and land and get a stoppage.

Miura can mow your lawn and make it exciting, FOTY on paper against Miguel.
Corrales-Castellanos will be a one sided fun fight.
Smith seems like the real deal, I think he'll be too much for Barrera.

Berchelt/Miura and Barrera/Smith have potential to be FOTY candidates.

Definitely watching. I thought Corrales seemed like a cool fighter to watch and he still is and will probably look good against Castellanos, but I wanted the Loma fight way way more...

Barrera can win that Joe Smith Jr fight, I expect a good scrap there.

Main event, well, I'm not as familiar with these names here, but from their reputations they sound like they are about to have a war, sounds like a lot of fun.

I'm pretty excited. I'm hoping Miura wins but expect Berchelt to be too much. It will probably be good while it lasts.

FOTY
i got miura by KO
the best guy berchelt ever fought was vargas, who looked war torn, not physically up to par with his mental.
miura has been consistently fighting for world titles for years.
miura loves to fight guys like berchelt- agressive, upright stance, not so quick
i guarantee they will get into a brawl, then miura's gonna counter him with a huge left

corrales is super tough for the first 5-6 rounds
quick, elusive, strong.. when and if he runs out of gas

Have a bit of money on Joe Smith Jr as an underdog. Think he can possibly come from behind and land and get a stoppage.
Me too. I think he's a really heavy handed dude, and if/when he lands on Barrera he's going to hurt him. That said, I like Barrera's movement and speed over Smith, but I don't think it's insurmountable.
Miura's getting up there for 130lbs @ 33yrs old, but however it turns out it'll be action.
Fun night of fights for sure.

Hate to see Miura get into another war but it's going to be fun at the same time

This is where we really see if Berchelt is legit IMO

Last edited:
I think Smith will stop Barrera late...he's not a technical wizard like Lara or Rigo. Barrera is more well rounded but I'm going to go with the puncher in this one.

Can't wait. Mostly for the main event.

It's broadcasted here. Woot.

This event is a sleeper.

Both cards tonight are really good. Watching this one and recording the PBC card. HBO won't have commercials, other one will, so I can fast forward them with the recording

I guess I'll resubscribe to HBO for this one.

Most people likely forgot about this card because of the embarrassment tour that was McGregor/Mayweather.

This is real boxing.

Most people likely forgot about this card because of the embarrassment tour that was McGregor/Mayweather.

This is real boxing.
The tour is fkin retarded. Both Floyd and Conor got forced to be stand up comedian and got force to rap battle each other. They basically for force to do those shit. A real tour is both of them sit and the media ask them questions and then both of them can talk shit to each other back and forth with their mic.

Back