Why doesn't Dana want Jones vs. Pereira?

This is the fight I want. But why risk either guy losing at the moment when they can still milk a cool million PPV on Jones vs Stipe.

This is the reason why sports today are full of shit actually. This is also happening even in boxing. Unlike backing the 90s where they really show who is beating who if they match fighters together.

Does everybody think Alex has no chance at all? What if he wins? UFC has a mega star who fights like 3 times a year
I like Alex but it's not a good fight for him. He really doesn't have the ground game or TDD to stop Jones. You can watch Alex's training clips. You can see the skill gap even with video editing.

Regardless if they fight or not. The UFC is losing Jones anyways. It's just not a good gamble for the company. They don't fight then they will still have a star in Alex assuming he keeps winning in 205. I don't think Alex should fight Aspinall either.

Because the interim champ they already have at HW is already getting screwed over having to defend an interim title without having a guy who just got KO'd a year ago at MW skip the line too. That would be goddamn egregious to make Tom defend an interim title multiple times so they can give a title shot to a guy that got KO'd 3 years ago and hasn't fought since, and then have another guy who's not even in the division and got KO'd at MW last year get a title in his 3rd division after only being in the UFC for 2 1/2 years.

Because the interim champ they already have at HW is already getting screwed over having to defend an interim title without having a guy who just got KO'd a year ago at MW skip the line too. That would be goddamn egregious to make Tom defend an interim title multiple times so they can give a title shot to a guy that got KO'd 3 years ago and hasn't fought since, and then have another guy who's not even in the division and got KO'd at MW last year get a title in his 3rd division after only being in the UFC for 2 1/2 years.
Blaydes is going to knock Tom the fuck out and then all this Tom hype is gonna be done. OVER

Are people then going to crown Blaydes as the guy to beat Jon?

Blaydes is going to knock Tom the fuck out and then all this Tom hype is gonna be done. OVER
The guy that got beat up and had to panic wrestle before getting KO'd in 3 minutes against Pavlovich?

The odds of Pereira losing to Ankalaev are a lot higher than Tom losing to Curtis Blaydes.

The guy that got beat up and had to panic wrestle before getting KO'd in 3 minutes against Pavlovich?

The odds of Pereira losing to Ankalaev are a lot higher than Tom losing to Curtis Blaydes.
Ankalaev has 0 subs in his entire career. You think he has the cardio to LNP Alex for 5 rounds. Ankalaev is going to get his legs kicked to hell and knocked out. Not to mention Ankalaevs fight IQ is like in the low 20s. Blaydes is a dangerous man and I think he has a great chance at beating Tom.

Ankalaev has 0 subs in his entire career. You think he has the cardio to LNP Alex for 5 rounds. Ankalaev is going to get his legs kicked to hell and knocked out. Blaydes is a dangerous man and I think he has a great chance at beating Tom.
Pereira got held down by Izzy ffs.

Pereira got held down by Izzy ffs.
For a round. Ankalaev would have to wrestle for 5 whole rounds against Alex. He has 0 subs in his career. None. I don't think a big LHW like Ankalaev has the cardio to do that. He's going to have to stand a portion of the fight and he could KO Alex that's possible but Alex is one of the best strikers in the world. We saw what Jans kicks did to Ankalaev.

Because Jones is protected by UFC and a cherry picker who cheats
Jones has already begun his politicking specifically to cherry pick this fight. Fighting Alex is the cherriest of the cherries for Jon. Jones is a ridiculously elite wrestler, athlete and fighter.

If the Jon that crushed Gane in a min shows up, Alex would be lucky to make it half way thru the first round. There’s nothing even competitive about this fight on paper.

For a round. Ankalaev would have to wrestle for 5 whole rounds against Alex. He has 0 subs in his career. None. I don't think a big LHW like Ankalaev has the cardio to do that. He's going to have to stand a portion of the fight and he could KO Alex that's possible but Alex is one of the best strikers in the world. We saw what Jans kicks did to Ankalaev.
Ankalev is the Blaydes of LHW. Both have all the tools to be champions but their fight IQ is suspect and seems to fail them when it matters most. I.E, Ank vs Jan, Blaydes vs Pav. If Blaydes just wrestled like Reem did, he probably could have finished him on the ground. Just as if Ank wrestled Jan from the beginning he would have won.

"I like Poatan vs Jones but we want Stipe vs Jones more"

He's pretending there are only these two options and so many tarded fans are eating it up.

See how people are discussing that but not Aspinall vs Jones anymore? Or at least far less.
Sounds like ur the dumbass eating it up lolol

Jones got boxed up vs Reyes and Gustaffson, imagine what Pereira would do.

I dont think poatan and his team want the jones fight. that was dana's comment at the press conference was anyway. not sure how much you want to believe uncle dana though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Real Deal
Back