Have you ever predicted an upset in MMA?

I somehow felt Ronin would win over Pelé...

i knew randy would beat chuck the first time they fought. i also knew randy would beat tito.

i also knew silva vs crocop would end in a draw due to the rules.

I would say Couture's wins over Tito, Chuck and Tim Sylvia - which i think does count as an upset for the time - would qualify. I also had a suspicion Werdum would win over Fedor and Weidman would win over Anderson the first time, but I didn't think they would win with such stunning highlight reel finishes.

Not that it was a big upset to be fair but I got a hundred on Bryan barberena to beat sage northcutt... I think I had +300 on that. Hype trains can fill pockets

I put a bet on Thug Rose beating Joanna the first time and it paid very well, she was a big underdog

I have alot of winning bets on fights not to go the distance at 3+ dollars odds which I know doesn't fit the criteria however I did put 100 on holly Holmes to win in seperate bets round 2 and round 3 was paying 26 bucks for round 2.

Recently, Pettis over Chiesa, at least I think he was the underdog. Also I had Weidman winning in both his AS fights.

Ronda was the favorite over Holly right? Also the happiest I've ever been with a prediction.

I always said I would LOVe and I mean LOVe to see Anderson Silva lose getting punched in the face with his hands down by his sides - failing in his dancy dance routine

I didn't know when or where this would happened but it has always been in my dreams

When it finally happened

giphy.gif

I called Shogun losing to Forrest. Shogun had just broke his arm against Coleman and if im not mistaken, this was his UFC debut. I don't think anyone thought shogun would lose that fight let alone get finished, and then got choked out.

I hopefully predicted against my expectations with Gonzaga /CC 1.

I was right but nothing like the decision I thought Gabriel might get

My biggest wager on an MMA fight was an upset .Odds wise, it wasnt crazy which is why I liked it so much .At the time Nate Marquadt was like the #2 or #3 middleweight in world fighting a further down the ladder Thales Leites .At the time, I figured Nate (who was really good back then) would be in the area of a 3-1 favorite.He opens up an easy to lay-175 and knew people would be betting Marquadt so I went the other way....and fairly big cause that opener was just bothering me to the point I had Leites with the upset. The fight was close but a win is a win.
Also bet Mousasi as a +210 underdog against the then current HEAVYWEIGHT K1 champion, Kyotaro. That fight wasnt close (and thanks to the house that took my action cause it was k-1 vs. MMA fighter so my normal outlets couldn't even get me a line--- let alone take my action.I didn't make a large wager)

I have once.

Takanori Gomi vs. Nick Diaz in 2007.

So your example wasn't even a valid result but a No Contest, I think the Weed = NC rule is bogus but it is still a rule so your greatest predicted upset was a close fight (pre fight) that ended in a NC?

I predicted loads but then I like to gamble and if I think the odds are too wide (Holly v Ronda, Cejudo v Johnson, Bisping v Rockhold) I stick money on the underdog, they are 3 of my most memorable recently. I got loads right but of course I lose too. Saying that if I fancy the favourite I will pick a 7 way method of victory for the odds.

I predicted Bisking over Rocksalt.

And Miesha over Holly.

And all the others upset too.

I remember how everyone thought Gomi was some elite puncher who would knock everyone in teh ufc dead, supposedly.

Woodley over Till (he was the underdog! Should count!) Cormier over Stipe if that counts.

But apart from that... No... :(

I picked ellenberger/shields & miocic/werdum. I inadvertently joked Randleman would beat cro cop back in the day. I didn't want to be right on that 1

Back