Have you ever heard of the 'Hollow Moon' theory?

The moon is NOT hollow. Notice no one has ever seen the other side (dark side) of the moon. This is because the moon is NOT a ball.

so let's say there's a helium filled balloon before me. I can't see the back of it. that means that the balloon is flat?

so let's say there's a helium filled balloon before me. I can't see the back of it. that means that the balloon is flat?
No of course not that's insane, first off you can always turn the balloon around and look at the back of the balloon and to add to that you can just make a mark on one side of the balloon just to be sure you're not just seeing one side of the balloon, there is NO way to not know you're seeing the other side of the balloon.

The moon is claimed to rotate in space and this is a FACT. It rotates yet we never see he "dark side" of the moon. This should is literally impossible for us to only see one side of the moon if he moon rotates. So a proper explanation is needed to explain WHY we cannot see the dark side of the moon.

People have speculated for years there are alien bases or ruins of ancient civilizations on the dark side of the moon this can only happen because no one has ever seen it. The other side of the moon is hidden to us and THIS should be impossible.

No of course not that's insane, first off you can always turn the balloon around and look at the back of the balloon and to add to that you can just make a mark on one side of the balloon just to be sure you're not just seeing one side of the balloon, there is NO way to not know you're seeing the other side of the balloon.

The moon is claimed to rotate in space and this is a FACT. It rotates yet we never see he "dark side" of the moon. This should is literally impossible for us to only see one side of the moon if he moon rotates. So a proper explanation is needed to explain WHY we cannot see the dark side of the moon.

People have speculated for years there are alien bases or ruins of ancient civilizations on the dark side of the moon this can only happen because no one has ever seen it. The other side of the moon is hidden to us and THIS should be impossible.

can you give a better explanation as to how the moon is not a ball? what is it then? I fail to see your logic is all.

also, related to the moon - what causes low/high tides, if gravity isn't real?

"I don't know anything because I haven't studied these subjects because science is a lot of hard book learning, but I want my uneducated opinion to be given the same weight as people who write and have articles published in peer reviewed journals!"

You've just summed up 98% of "scientific" discussion in the mayberry. Don't forget how random youtube videos "disprove" decades of peer reviewed research.

Actually, he may have explained the whole internet.

My daughter is in medical school and one of my favorite things to do is email her some of the crazy theories and articles posted here and elsewhere. It drives her nuts.

1. This video does NOT take into account of the Earth's own rotation at 1,000 MPH.

2. The Earth's rotation around the sun is NOT constant and is ever changing. According to modern day science it can even be affected by the wind.

“Changes in the atmosphere, specifically atmospheric pressure around the world, and the motions of the winds that may be related to such climate signals as El Niño are strong enough that their effect is observed in the Earth’s rotation signal,” said David A. Salstein, an atmospheric scientist from Atmospheric and Environmental Research, Inc., of Lexington, Mass., who led a recent study.
https://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/news/topstory/2003/0210rotation.html

Note this is directly from NASA. So if the mere wind can affect the rotation of the planet this alone proves the rotation of the Earth is NOT constant, thus throwing that entire synchronous rotation garbage out the window. If the Earth is billions of yeas old and mere wind can affect it's rotation what are the chances that NOW it rotates in such a way that we CANNOT see the backside of the moon. How convenient.

3. The Earth is moving around the sun at 67,000 MPH and this movement is also not constant. This would allow for us to see the other side of the moon as well.

4. How can science or the average everyday person (yourself for instance) prove for themselves that the moon only rotates only once per rotation around the Earth? It is stated as fact as if it's self evident yet it CANNOT be proven whatsoever. What experiment proves this statement made in the video?

can you give a better explanation as to how the moon is not a ball? what is it then? I fail to see your logic is all.

I never said it wasn't a ball. I said we should see the other side of the moon. That being said, look at the moon on a bright day when the sun is out when it should be illuminated completely. We can see the blue through the moon itself.

What is the moon exactly? No one can say for sure but most flat Earthers believe it's translucent, and self-luminous. It cannot be called a ball because it shows NO signs of being a ball and we never see the other side of this ball.

As for what causes the tides it is electromagnetism. Here's a really good video show just how magnets affect water.

1. This video does NOT take into account of the Earth's own rotation at 1,000 MPH.

2. The Earth's rotation around the sun is NOT constant and is ever changing. According to modern day science it can even be affected by the wind.

https://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/news/topstory/2003/0210rotation.html

Note this is directly from NASA. So if the mere wind can affect the rotation of the planet this alone proves the rotation of the Earth is NOT constant, thus throwing that entire synchronous rotation garbage out the window. If the Earth is billions of yeas old and mere wind can affect it's rotation what are the chances that NOW it rotates in such a way that we CANNOT see the backside of the moon. How convenient.

3. The Earth is moving around the sun at 67,000 MPH and this movement is also not constant. This would allow for us to see the other side of the moon as well.

4. How can science or the average everyday person (yourself for instance) prove for themselves that the moon only rotates only once per rotation around the Earth? It is stated as fact as if it's self evident yet it CANNOT be proven whatsoever. What experiment proves this statement made in the video?

I think it's funny that you don't understand one single thing about science, physics, or math and then make these claims that refute them.

It's like me telling Picasso he's wrong and teaching him how to paint properly and I don't have any idea how to paint.

You also don't know how to even read a layperson's scientific article. The winds affect the motion about Earth's axis, not about the sun.

Last edited:

Asking scyther to explain something logically is like trying to squeeze water from a rock.

I never said it wasn't a ball. I said we should see the other side of the moon. That being said, look at the moon on a bright day when the sun is out when it should be illuminated completely. We can see the blue through the moon itself.

What is the moon exactly? No one can say for sure but most flat Earthers believe it's translucent, and self-luminous. It cannot be called a ball because it shows NO signs of being a ball and we never see the other side of this ball.

As for what causes the tides it is electromagnetism. Here's a really good video show just how magnets affect water.

That video is absolutely ridiculous, but I'll go along for a moment. What creates the magnetic fields? Do you know, in general, what creates them? Because if you do, that kind flies in the face of a flat earth and sun. But, please try to explain that.

Actually, he may have explained the whole internet.

My daughter is in medical school and one of my favorite things to do is email her some of the crazy theories and articles posted here and elsewhere. It drives her nuts.

It drives me nuts.

you did.

This is because the moon is NOT a ball.

next, I don't buy what's being sold in the video. it's just a bunch of handpicked information skewed & shaped together to support this "belief" that the Earth is flat.

there are too many variables that defy this "electromagnetism" notion. there's no hard evidence or scientific process & formulas executed to back any of that nonsense up.

I'm no physics expert but how can you deny any of the known & proven formulas that validate gravity does indeed exist?

The truth is, no scientists have ever come up with a reasonable explanation for the moon's existence. Some people (like David Icke) think it's an alien transport device. I would've laughed at the thought. Until I read what a ton of scientists had to say about it.....

Pretty interesting... is the moon actually a spacecraft? Was its arrival the cause of the "great floods" and earth-changing events we read about in ancient texts?

Food for thought, my friends. And it's worth noting that it IS pretty unusual to have a moon so big... the moon is bigger than Pluto. And it orbits OUR small planet in relation to others in the solar system.

Actually plenty of scientists have a good explanation for the origins of our moon and the fact that most planets in our solar system have moons just shows how absurd the idea of a hollow moon is.

What is this attraction to believing stupid things? Isn't the truth cool enough for you people?

I saw something on History Channel where astronauts did something like drop something heavy on the surface and it rang and vibrated for hours like a bell.

Also on History Channel, one guy said he developed the astronaut film and saw some base on the dark side of the moon.

Sooner or later someone will use a soda can sized satellite and get it to photograph the dark side of the moon in high resolution.

Actually plenty of scientists have a good explanation for the origins of our moon and the fact that most planets in our solar system have moons just shows how absurd the idea of a hollow moon is.

What is this attraction to believing stupid things? Isn't the truth cool enough for you people?
Lol... yeah tons of planets have a moon the size of ours as a satellite. And yeah, I'm being sarcastic.

Do you have any idea how freakishly large our moon is relative to the moons of other planets? It isn't really a moon - by definition it should be considered a planetoid. After all, it's larger than Pluto ffs.

Did you actually READ any of the quotes? MIT professors saying they are profoundly troubled by the amount of titanium in moon rocks?

Yeah, let's just dismiss them and listen to the explanations you've given. Wait... you haven't cited a single scientist or a single theory.

What is this attraction to acting like you're knowledgable on a subject but not presenting the slightest shred of evidence in reference to your postulation? Is posting science-related data too cool for you bro???

Back