Hate to Break it to You, but WE Were Right About McGregor

If I were McGregoor, I'd do the same. Get in, get paid the max I could, get out. I wouldn't risk my health to impress anyone on an MMA forum.

Let me guess. You wear a helmet and ride the short bus? Because you're having a difficulty with comprehension and context

Let me guess. You wear a helmet and ride the short bus? Because you're having a difficulty with comprehension and context
Yes. And didn't read the OP.

holloway is in no way heavier than connor, diaz might be a little bigger (not much), and we all know what happened there. hammered the first time and ran like a bitch the second, connor is only interested in fighting people he is sure he can beat, or people that won't hurt him to badly (mayweather).

In light of the recent announcements that Pac and McGregor are in talks. Can it be argued that McGregor has no intention of defending or if he does it's to be cherry picked opponents (Nate Diaz).

The guy just wants to free roll his way into a money fight, if he loses he can say he's not experienced and fought one of the best boxers in history, but he's still a UFC champion.

If he wins, all it does is raise his stock and give him even more control in picking who he fights.

Before his fanboys start attacking me, I don't care if McGregor goes for a payday, however don't ransom the belt so he can use it in case he loses in boxing and tie up the division.

If the UFC and Dana were smart, they'd just strip him and force him to fight the remainder of his contract.
In light of the recent announcements that Pac and McGregor are in talks. Can it be argued that McGregor has no intention of defending or if he does it's to be cherry picked opponents (Nate Diaz).

The guy just wants to free roll his way into a money fight, if he loses he can say he's not experienced and fought one of the best boxers in history, but he's still a UFC champion.

If he wins, all it does is raise his stock and give him even more control in picking who he fights.

Before his fanboys start attacking me, I don't care if McGregor goes for a payday, however don't ransom the belt so he can use it in case he loses in boxing and tie up the division.

If the UFC and Dana were smart, they'd just strip him and force him to fight the remainder of his contract.
Chael Sonnen says UFC 218 was a reminder that Conor McGregor is THAT good.

Mayweather even after his biggest paying fights took on people who weren't draws and still was banking. Would be sad if Conor never fought frequently again after his last boxing match. His career literally just started with 2 belts in two different weight classes. So he doesn't defend FW, I'm fine with that, he proved his point and left division. His LW belt is his legacy. If he can get a WW belt would be even crazier. I'm gonna let next year play out, but if its december are there has been alot of BS still going on then I think Conor is done.

My thread needs a bump. McGregor trying to price himself out of defending

Your whole post could have been truncated to just the final paragraph. Conor doesn't hold anything hostage - UFC allows it to happen. If they wanted to, they could decide they want to walk away from him and strip him. But they don't want. Not his problem, their problem

Your whole post could have been truncated to just the final paragraph. Conor doesn't hold anything hostage - UFC allows it to happen. If they wanted to, they could decide they want to walk away from him and strip him. But they don't want. Not his problem, their problem

Oh Mcgregor doesn't get to decide who he fights? He has no equity in the decision making process?

Oh Mcgregor doesn't get to decide who he fights? He has no equity in the decision making process?

He does, but he doesn't present the belt. He can win it, but whether he keeps it is UFC's decision. If they strip him he can't overrule them and take it back. UFC is the authority on the titles it renders, not the fighters. If UFC wants, it can walk away from Conor, it's not incumbent upon him to make their life easier. Expecting anything else shows fundamental misunderstanding of markets. Conor owes nobody anything.

Let's try and simplify this mental exercise a bit. You happen to have a winning race horse that some guy you met wants to pay you $100,000,000/race, and you agree to it. You now have enough money that you don't need another race, but decide to stay open to the possibility just for shits and giggles, would you ask for less the next time around just because another guy wants to bargain and isn't immediately ready to meet your asking price? No, you would bargain until the price is met or gets close to it, or the negotiations break down and the other guy walks away, because there is no pressure on you - he came to you, not you to him, so he needs you more than you need his money.

Conor owes you and UFC nothing. UFC needs to make the decision about the belt, not Conor.

He does, but he doesn't present the belt. He can win it, but whether he keeps it is UFC's decision. If they strip him he can't overrule them and take it back. UFC is the authority on the titles it renders, not the fighters. If UFC wants, it can walk away from Conor, it's not incumbent upon him to make their life easier. Expecting anything else shows fundamental misunderstanding of markets. Conor owes nobody anything.

Let's try and simplify this mental exercise a bit. You happen to have a winning race horse that some guy you met wants to pay you $100,000,000/race, and you agree to it. You now have enough money that you don't need another race, but decide to stay open to the possibility just for shits and giggles, would you ask for less the next time around just because another guy wants to bargain and isn't immediately ready to meet your asking price? No, you would bargain until the price is met or gets close to it, or the negotiations break down and the other guy walks away, because there is no pressure on you - he came to you, not you to him, so he needs you more than you need his money.

Conor owes you and UFC nothing. UFC needs to make the decision about the belt, not Conor.

Horrible analogy. I'm neither a race horse owner nor do I have any stake into any horses or fighters. I'm a fight fan that wants to see the best fighters actually fight and continue the growth of the sport and the progression of the weight division. What do you care how much Mcgregor makes or doesn't make? We are the customer and we have every right to demand that he either defends or vacate.

We are the customer and we have every right to demand that he either defends or vacate.

That is the bottom line

If he is not defending (for whatever reason) he should be stripped

I think a year is fair, but there is no concrete time set, so its up to UFC or Conor to do it sadly

Horrible analogy. I'm neither a race horse owner nor do I have any stake into any horses or fighters. I'm a fight fan that wants to see the best fighters actually fight and continue the growth of the sport and the progression of the weight division. What do you care how much Mcgregor makes or doesn't make? We are the customer and we have every right to demand that he either defends or vacate.

He doesn't need to vacate. Why should he? UFC can strip him if they want, why should he vacate? It's like saying "well, we won't force you to pay the speeding ticket but you should, it's a nice thing to do". Would you pay? Fuck no. No enforcement, no action. He owes you nothing. Get it through your head. UFC owes fans things, not the fighters. Fighters are there to get as much out of their contracts as they can, and if that means waiting for UFC to strip you of the belt instead of vacating it, than that's what happens. Unwarranted sense of entitlement here is beyond rampant, what the fuck.

Cry when fighters don't get paid well, cry when fighters try to get paid well. Typical retard fan

I wish he'd quit just to see what you salty haters would do next. there would be nuttin to obsess over.

Back