Has there ever been a champ more uncomfortable with standup than Khabib?

Ronda doesn't belong to conversation, she has been knocking people out with her striking.

So did Brock. The threat of a fighter's takedowns/grappling can help them outstrike a better striker.

Genuine question. I can't think of a champ who, despite a career of fighting no-name opponents ranked outside the top 10, is so devoid of confidence in the art of striking. And before the haters say Conor doesn't like the ground as much as Khabib doesn't like to stand - Just don't. He mauled 2 UFC champs in Max Holloway and Eddie Alvarez on the mat.

Royce, Hughes, Ortiz, Coleman, Brock, first 4 MW champs and Honda Housey.

Cain velasquez,jds said he hits like a girl
Swollen face on JDS because of his soft skin and couldnt finish JDS after 3 billion punches
Even worser than khabib at striking and less ko victories

Classic!

tenor.gif

Ronda doesn't belong to conversation, she has been knocking people out with her striking.
I'd argue Brock had better stand up. He also had the better competition so he couldn't test it often

Genuine question. I can't think of a champ who, despite a career of fighting no-name opponents ranked outside the top 10, is so devoid of confidence in the art of striking. And before the haters say Conor doesn't like the ground as much as Khabib doesn't like to stand - Just don't. He mauled 2 UFC champs in Max Holloway and Eddie Alvarez on the mat.

Conor is very comfortable to fight on the ground. When the going gets tough, Conor goes back to his root: (panic) wrestling

ufc-196-diaz-watermarked.gif

Khabib is perfectly confident in his striking as a tool meant to pressure his opponents and get them up against the cage as well as a tool that allows him to set up sneaky double legs. Without confidence in his striking, Khabib would never be able to maintain the crazy high pace he puts his opponents through every single fight.

Khabib owned Iaquinta with simple 1-2s. Al would dominate Conor if no fix is in so that's all we need to know.

Hughes, particularly during his two title runs. Great wrestling and one of the best top games ever but his standup was always rudimentary.

Khabibs striking is so underrated around here. Look at the counter uppercuts he hit on mj. Conors grappling is alsp underrated. Look at his x guard sweep on nate diaz and his getups from mendes and siver.

The average technique in Khabib's punches and kicks makes his striking appear much worse than it actually is. His distance, timing and accuracy are above average and that is why no one can hurt him standing up. Being able to ragdoll people when you get pressured also helps.

I'm sure Khabib is perfectly comfortable standing. We're not talking about Ronda or Brock where they were clearly out of their element.

There are valid criticisms of Khabib's striking, a few holes and bad habits that are ripe for exploitation by puncher like Conor, but that's not the same as saying Khabibis uncomfortable on the fight or that his striking sucks,

ronda was actually very comfortable with her standup. if she'd realized it was horrible maybe she would've tried to change something.

khabib honestly seems similar, he doesnt mind to stand and strike for a bit although he shouldnt

LOL who even gives a shit?

Has there ever been a champ who hasn't had even a little bit of resistance from any of his 26 opponents, ever?

He mauls EVERYONE.

Conor is fucked.

Royce, Ortiz, Hughes come to mind.. Khabib has a higher striking accuracy then McGregor.

Khabib's striking really isn't that bad, and he uses it mainly to set up his takedowns

If this was K1 he'd be fucked, but fortunately it isn't. His striking is effective.

Back