Has there ever been a champ more uncomfortable with standup than Khabib?

Khabibs striking is better than Conor's grappling, in the UFC Conor has been submitted by one guy, Nate Diaz when he was hurt, Khabib looks panicked every time he gets hit.

Has there ever been a champ more uncomfortable with defending his titles than McGregor?

The only fighters who were stripped due to not defending titles was Nicco Montano, Germaine de Randamie and Conor Mcgregor.

61M15AgSa1L._SX425_.jpg

I'd say Royce, but I'm not sure champ is the right word for how the UFC worked back then.

This is what i came to say, I think Champ works for sure, in fact i think it means more back then. All comers, no holds, open weight class Champ......I think that is better.

Give me a break. there are far worse ones with Brock being the cover boy

Defensively yes due to the threat of the takedown but offensively better than Mir? No chance
Stop it dude.
I'm serious.

It depends on which Frank Mir you're talking about. The UFC HW champ Mir (the guy who beat Sylvia, not interim champ who beat Nog) had worse stand up than Khabib. So he's right.

Frank Mir who managed to survive to a decision against DC and Overeem despite having zero chance to take them down had better stand up, but he wasn't champ.

Last edited:
Yeah that's how it works. This is MMA, not kickboxing. The threat of the takedown is a useful part of Khabib's striking arsenal.
<23>

Treat of takedown is Khabib's MMA arsenal. Not necessarily his "Striking" arsenal on the feet.

Least hit fighter in the LW division.

Typical noobs basing everything off of their last fight.

LOL who even gives a shit?

Has there ever been a champ who hasn't had even a little bit of resistance from any of his 26 opponents, ever?

He mauls EVERYONE.

Conor is fucked.

Except Tibau stopped every single take down , took him down and outsruck him.

Genuine question. I can't think of a champ who, despite a career of fighting no-name opponents ranked outside the top 10, is so devoid of confidence in the art of striking. And before the haters say Conor doesn't like the ground as much as Khabib doesn't like to stand - Just don't. He mauled 2 UFC champs in Max Holloway and Eddie Alvarez on the mat.
I get that this is a trollthread, but "mauled?" I think you have a different perspective on that word than most people who know how to use it.

Holloway (5 years away from being a champ when they fought) took very little damage on the ground, all of it in the third round. A half dozen inneffective punches does not equate to "mauled" except in the eyes of the most starstruck nuthugger; and Alvarez took even less.

Back