Has there ever been a better top four in any division than...

Prides holy trinity during the golden era of hw

Fedor
Big nog
Cro cop
Barnett

They were the Most dominant and talked about fighters for like 4 years. If you take into account their top notch resumes plus longevity of dominance, then hands down this is the right answer.
Really though. In the real world where these HWs would probably beat any other group of 4 fighters in MMA History

Perhaps on a “all four can beat each other” metric, but certainly not on a best 4 metric.
Not even that way. There's a pretty well established pecking order. Jones, Cormier, Rumble, Gus

All capable of beating each other??

Jones beat DC twice convincingly
DC beat Rumble twice convincingly
Gus lost to all 3

Not the same thing but did anyone notice the graphic they put up after GSP beat Bisping at 217? It’s something I thought was pretty cool.

The top 6 fighters at MW after the fight were.

C - GSP Canada
IC - Whittaker New Zealand/Australia
2 - Bisping England
3 - Rockhold USA
4 - Romero Cuba
5 - Souza Brazil

The top 6 guys were all from different countries. That’s gotta be pretty rare right?

No contest...clearly these four:
636353051850574867-e7.jpg
method=get&rs=100&q=75&x=-44&y=-50&w=240&h=320&ro=0&s=C9DA4E4F-1D09-6BFC-E5232885A46A6761.jpg
2299373-12_o_bob_sapp_ko.jpg
schilt.jpg

Sammy Shlitz right on the bottom?

He beat Alvarez when he was champ.

That is better than any win that Poirier or Tony has in the LW division.

And he is currently ranked no. 2 in the LW rankings even though UFC rankings are pretty bad.

Fuck just realised Poirier beat Eddie. But Conor was more convincing.

Eddie being champ was a fluke. Khabib and tony are the 2 best LW. Have to be blind not to see that. Then there’s like 4 guys clumped behind them. Conor is clearly top 5 though.

I don't believe AJ could beat DC. He had two chances and laid an egg in each time.

who would you substitute mousassi for when he was here
Not a single one. He loses to all four, as Jacare proved, luke would maul, Romero is a nightmare matchup, and Whittaker has dispatched 2 out of the 3(except he didn't actually ever beat Romero, on the contrary actually, Yoel changed his life)

Thanks I forgot about the ignore button, can't deal with cheater supporters
Lmao when have I ever supported jones? Check my history I openly criticize him regularly. I think I misinterpreted your post toward me instead of the poster I was responding to, my bad.

Khabib
Tony
Conor
Poirier

Your list doesn't count because Jones is a serial habitual liar and cheat.

Fw
Max
Ortega
Aldo
Moicano

BW
Dillashaw
Garbrandt
Cruz
Moraes

MW
Whittaker
Yoel
Jacare
Stylebender

There are a lot of great top 4s in the ufc

I think you could argue as well its as much the case that LHW besides those 4 has been very thin talent wise in recent years, you have guys in the top 10 and even the top 5 today who would have struggled to be top 20 a decade ago.

Around then you had....

Shogun
Wanderlei
Chuck
Rampage
Hendo
Machida
Lil Nog
Arona
Overeem
Forrest
Rashad
etc

I think you could argue as well its as much the case that LHW besides those 4 has been very thin talent wise in recent years, you have guys in the top 10 and even the top 5 today who would have struggled to be top 20 a decade ago.

Around then you had....

Shogun
Wanderlei
Chuck
Rampage
Hendo
Machida
Lil Nog
Arona
Overeem
Forrest
Rashad
etc
Terrifying shark tank. The LHW belt was passed around like a hot potato back then. :D

Around then you had....

Shogun
Wanderlei
Chuck
Rampage
Hendo
Machida
Lil Nog
Arona
Overeem
Forrest
Rashad
etc
Good point. It’s possible that Rumble has so much success, because he was fighting in a weak division.

Back