Has SuperKombat surpassed Glory?

Well, Frankie was adopted. He looks like a great guy but sometimes his mouth amazed me. Then, he got a lot of recognition in Spain after 2013 "because of" Superkombat (honorary citizenship, membership, some gold distinction and sportsman of the year award on a region). He went to lose against old Cordoba and especially Poturak, and Irimia didn"t want him for a while. Munoz got mad and I suppose because of his trashtalking he"s also ignored in 2015. Not to mention that in that WGP season he got an unfair wildcard because in the opinion of many he lost the fight versus Ciobanu. It was close, but not a robbery.

Then remember the Lascenko car incident. It was only a misunderstanding. Or that woman of Chakuriki.

So why are you promoting this now? When all those were not true and you admit it can be most likely false.

Last edited:
Then remember the Lascenko car incident. It was only a misunderstanding. Or that woman of Chakuriki.

So why are you promoting this now? When all those were not true and you admit it can be most likely false.

how is super combat not living up to a contract with lascenko a misunderstanding? the contract stated he had a choice of the car or money and sergi choose the money and then all of a sudden sk refused to pay him and forced him to take the car!

Your other romanian homeboy did owe money to harinick and it was not false what was stated on here! he eventually paid from what i understand but at the time he did a runner with out paying!

Only when you are blind and a fanboy of the accused can you state they were all untrue misunderstandings

Well, Frankie was adopted. He looks like a great guy but sometimes his mouth amazed me. Then, he got a lot of recognition in Spain after 2013 "because of" Superkombat (honorary citizenship, membership, some gold distinction and sportsman of the year award on a region). He went to lose against old Cordoba and especially Poturak, and Irimia didn"t want him for a while. Munoz got mad and I suppose because of his trashtalking he"s also ignored in 2015. Not to mention that in that WGP season he got an unfair wildcard because in the opinion of many he lost the fight versus Ciobanu. It was close, but not a robbery.

I'm demonstrating to you that if I really, really wanted to bury your favorite company on my site that I could. I've been given ample opportunities to do that, but I haven't.

SuperKombat is not infallible and rarely lives up to the hype of the crazy superfans. That doesn't make it bad, it just makes it what it is. This whole topic is insanity of blind fanboyism.

how is super combat not living up to a contract with lascenko a misunderstanding? the contract stated he had a choice of the car or money and sergi choose the money and then all of a sudden sk refused to pay him and forced him to take the car!

Your other romanian homeboy did owe money to harinick and it was not false what was stated on here! he eventually paid from what i understand but at the time he did a runner with out paying!

Only when you are blind and a fanboy of the accused can you state they were all untrue misunderstandings

IIRC he didn't have any such choice. Him wanting that is another thing.

Other sports have had car/physical prize related trouble too. Know more than a couple ski jumpers who've gone like "I have to pay how much tax for it?? fuck that". A finnish dude won a car worth 60k and because of silly taxation he would have had to pay 60k in taxes to take it home. Great prize: You get to buy a car!

Last edited:

According to Superkombat, Lascenko chose the car and not the money. They even published something (official papers) on Liverkick then if I"m not wrong. The car was in the showroom waiting for him. It was a car for the WGP final winner. Do you really think somebody would risk integrity for such thing? Moreover, they had Mitsubishi as one of the main sponsors. SK just donated another 10k for kids with cancer these days.

I"m not sure Cătinaș owed him money. But I"m glad he paid in the end if it was true. Moreover, Raul has nothing to do with Superkombat than fighting. Not the company sent him to train in the Netherlands but his gym sponsor.

This whole topic is insanity of blind fanboyism.

I didn"t even start the topic. And in some time I"ll show you why it"s just another lie and you shouldn"t have spread it. You even said usually these are not true.

How much money has Glory donated to children with cancer?

IIRC he didn't have any such choice. Him wanting that is another thing.

Other sports have had car/physical prize related trouble too. Know more than a couple ski jumpers who've gone like "I have to pay how much tax for it?? fuck that". A finnish dude won a car worth 60k and because of silly taxation he would have had to pay 60k in taxes to take it home. Great prize: You get to buy a car!
sergey's management released a statement at the time saying the contract stated he could choose. That is what the whole fiasco was about! If i remember correctly he finally took the car but never even received possession as he sold it to a friend who then finally picked it up from the dealership

I didn"t even start the topic. And in some time I"ll show you why it"s just another lie and you shouldn"t have spread it. You even said usually these are not true.

Oh Spong you know I love you.

I haven't spread anything. I didn't say who claimed it and I've seen this in other places, I'm simply talking about something that has been out in the public without expounding on it much more.

not this again

asia - dead. Kunlun does big shows in china but loses tons of money like glory does

europe - no significant revenues, why you think Its Showtime sold out and nothing replaced it?

if the US doesnt work out for Glory, probably just call it a day.

united states - no kb talent, no kb culture, no tv audiences, no live audiences

fixed that for ya.

NO WAY!
Superkombats only atraction are the Stoica's
They have screwed their opponents so many times, that it surprises me people haven't got tired with it already.

Once the Stoica brothers quit, Superkombat will decline very fast.
Sure they have Adebiguyi but he is not so spectacular.
Morosanu and Catinas are spectacular but far from top level.

united states - no kb talent, no kb culture, no tv audiences, no live audiences

fixed that for ya.

you're not listening, let me repeat

asia - dead. Kunlun does big shows in china but loses tons of money like glory does

europe - no significant revenues, why you think Its Showtime sold out and nothing replaced it?

rather than address those points, please do continue to make smart comments about the US, good job

do you understand the point of TRYING TO MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN IN THE WORLDS LARGEST AND MOST LUCRATIVE SPORTS MARKET vs focusing your efforts on proven dead markets?

and no the US is not "a proven dead market" yet, still early days.

Last edited:

For some reason I still believe significant revenues could be made in Europe with proper marketing. Not only it has a huge Kickboxing and Muay Thai scene (Netherlands, France, UK, Romania, Russia, etc.), but also a growing MMA scene so clearly there are fight sports fans out there.

The only reason I've found out about the kickboxing organisations and events taking place in Europe was because of training martial arts and reading forums like this one. Otherwise you'd be very lucky if you heard about them on TV, in the general press, on display or whatever.

Perfect example is Glory 5 London. I was there and it was crazy empty. Most people I talked to at the event were Dutch fans who made the travel.
When I mentioned the event to people afterwards, I found out that many of them would have gone if they had even heard about it happening. And I'm talking about guys who train in fight sports, or were K-1 fans back in the day, not even the general public.
The problem is the marketing wasn't good and only the hardcore fans knew about it.
I believe it was the same problem with the other organisations.

in terms of quality, right now there is only Glory and the rest

For some reason I still believe significant revenues could be made in Europe with proper marketing. Not only it has a huge Kickboxing and Muay Thai scene (Netherlands, France, UK, Romania, Russia, etc.), but also a growing MMA scene so clearly there are fight sports fans out there.

The only reason I've found out about the kickboxing organisations and events taking place in Europe was because of training martial arts and reading forums like this one. Otherwise you'd be very lucky if you heard about them on TV, in the general press, on display or whatever.

Perfect example is Glory 5 London. I was there and it was crazy empty. Most people I talked to at the event were Dutch fans who made the travel.
When I mentioned the event to people afterwards, I found out that many of them would have gone if they had even heard about it happening. And I'm talking about guys who train in fight sports, or were K-1 fans back in the day, not even the general public.
The problem is the marketing wasn't good and only the hardcore fans knew about it.
I believe it was the same problem with the other organisations.

if Europe was profitable, Its Showtime would still be alive

the problem with europe is that while you can sell tickets and get a decent crowd out, the TV deals arent worth shit. That is the whole draw of the US - if you can get any kind of traction going the potential TV revenues are great. Same reason Japan blossomed, because Fuji TV were just throwing money at it.

GLORY is in an interesting spot in europe right now because Canal+ were very impressed with G22 and RTL7 are also coming back to the table; the news that Amsterdam's mayor's office will license a show for December has piqued a lot of interest. There are a few Euro broadcasters now who represent some decent revenues and if they can be brought to the table via some regular Euro shows broadcast live in their timezone, kickboxing can finally have some decent revenue stream in europe from tv. Bit of a gamechanger.

My guess is that Spike will look to extend the deal with Glory but for less shows and only ones on US soil, or at least in an ET/PT time zone. That would play well into Glory then setting up some shows in europe specifically for the euro market, keeping those broadcasters happy, a little like the UFC operates a Euro/MiddleEast division of its company. Where those shows air on Fight Pass for the UFC, Glory could just upload the fights to YouTube or maybe give CBS Sports a tape delay

i dont have any info on this, this is just me thinking out loud, but thats a model i think could be interesting

if Europe was profitable, Its Showtime would still be alive

So you would say that 'Its Showtime' was doing enough marketing and a big enough part of the general public knew about it?
I would tend to disagree, but you know better.

the problem with europe is that while you can sell tickets and get a decent crowd out, the TV deals arent worth shit.

How would you explain that the UFC and possibly other MMA leagues which are based in Europe are making good margins in Europe then?
According to Dana White it seems the European events by the UFC are generating enough profits from the spectator tickets + European PPV + European TV deals. The US is added extra.

Europe seems to be a scene where a biggest part of the general public is more attracted to standup fighting than MMA because "it has the boring ground fighting".
If MMA can grow and be profitable in Europe, so can Kickboxing if advertised properly. At least I believe so.

If MMA can grow and be profitable in Europe, so can Kickboxing if advertised properly. At least I believe so.
I agree. Its Sowtime was something only for the real fans. So was K-1. And while the UFC also only sells tickets etc.. to real fans many more people have at least heard of them. With the right marketing more people could be converted into potential clients. Same goes for kickboxing. Neither Its Showtime or the K-1 did much in the way of advertising aside from some posters, flyers and announcements on sites only frequented by their fans.

Back