Has SuperKombat surpassed Glory?

How would you explain that the UFC and possibly other MMA leagues which are based in Europe are making good margins in Europe then?

If MMA can grow and be profitable in Europe, so can Kickboxing if advertised properly. At least I believe so.

but MMA is not "growing" and "profitable" in europe, where are you getting that from?

I can assure you, having been an editor with Fighters Only Magazine for the best part of eight years, that 'profitable' is not a word associated with the euro mma scene or indeed much of the worldwide or even US one

really the only promoters making money are the ones who use local ticket sellers, and they arent really premium-level or high budget

KSW in Poland has a great TV deal and is very popular, they do pretty good. Who else? CageWarriors has all but gone under, they lost money for five years and the arab backers pulled out and have handed the name and TM to the promoter as a payoff... where is he going to fund his shows?

What other MMA shows are doing well in europe apart from low-level ticket seller ones?

the UFC lost money on every show it did in europe up until a couple of recent UK ones and the swedish cards. They lost money on the recent german events. Europe has been a landfill for UFC cash, trust me.

They cant get any meaningful TV deals, MMA is tiny and the TV networks dont give a shit - look at the last minute deals they were forced to announce for the german cards. Its why Dave Allen was fired overnight. The US HQ just cannot and will not accept failure or the loss of face associated with now pulling out of europe.

i wish it wasnt like this but it is

do not believe what you see on the surface and what the promoter of the UFC tells you, or any other promoter. It is a fraught game with very tight margins and pretty much everyone in europe has lost or is losing money including the UFC

I agree. Its Sowtime was something only for the real fans. So was K-1. And while the UFC also only sells tickets etc.. to real fans many more people have at least heard of them. With the right marketing more people could be converted into potential clients. Same goes for kickboxing. Neither Its Showtime or the K-1 did much in the way of advertising aside from some posters, flyers and announcements on sites only frequented by their fans.

"the right marketing" is (i) very expensive and (ii) requires tv time on a decent network, and not just live event progamming but some sort of magazine show/shoulder programming to give depth to the product and create a bond with the viewers

"the right marketing" is (i) very expensive and (ii) requires tv time on a decent network, and not just live event progamming but some sort of magazine show/shoulder programming to give depth to the product and create a bond with the viewers

Yes it does. Not to mention time.

They cant get any meaningful TV deals, MMA is tiny and the TV networks dont give a shit - look at the last minute deals they were forced to announce for the german cards.

UFC broadcasts in Germany also suffer from the resistence they experience mainly from the Bayrische Landeszentrale f

Superkombat, evaluation at stock exchange; Glory events costs

BUCHAREST, ROMANIA
ZIARUL FINANCIAR

So, Bucharest Stock Exchange (BVB) evaluates the brand Superkombat at over 30 million euros, according to Ziarul Financiar (one of the most respectable financial newspapers in Romania, alongside Capital).

So basically we only talk about 2 formed brands in the world of kickboxing right now, considering K-1 is dead and nobody knows where is the brand. Probably unsold in Japan.

Of course, the Chinese could also sell between Chinese. Regarding Bellator or Enfusion, if they want to sell nobody will buy. In Superkombat, there are people from America that invest. New sponsors will be announced, a famous beer brand very known in North America and sports apparel.

Superkombat CEO, Mr Eduard Irimia, has revealed that his events cost 300-400k dollars while Glory event usually cost 1-1.5 million dollars (with a net profit of 200k). Anyway, these sums are not for the just finished seasons of 2016. At least Glory certainly dropped, both as purses and organisation. Superkombat only dropped as purses, since the organisation was imporved big (see Bucharest and especially Madrid WGPs, and Las Vegas and New York will arrive too, plus Rome).

So it definitely didn"t surpass Glory, Mr. Andurand & Co of Glory are rich millionaires involved in oil and gold. But as level of production, at least entrances, it"s better in 2017.

Please compare!

Kunlun was valued at $500mil in the last round of investments.

Glory had all this fancy production and flashy entrances in 2013 but that's not what fans are looking for, fans want good fights. Glory 42 is pretty stacked

So I don't know if SK is actually listed or not? From your text seems like not, just some dude evaluating them to be worth 30mil. No money in play easy to throw numbers around.

Whereas people actually put money into Kunlun at the 500mil valuation. Last 2 rounds of investment they've got slightly more money invested into the company than the total made up value of SK you mentioned.

The Euro fan ignorance about K-1 is kind of funny too. They consistently put on what are clearly among the best events in the sport, to sold out (albeit small) venues and they have a clear road map laid towards moving to a significantly bigger venue. Some people are just seemingly not very interested in following the sport and just focus on whatever SK or Enfusion only we iz tha best nobody else exists -nonsense.

The Euro fan ignorance about K-1 is kind of funny too. They consistently put on what are clearly among the best events in the sport, to sold out (albeit small) venues and they have a clear road map laid towards moving to a significantly bigger venue. Some people are just seemingly not very interested in following the sport and just focus on whatever SK or Enfusion only we iz tha best nobody else exists -nonsense.
because the are essentially now just a random regional promotion. They sell like 2500 to 3k tickets to an event like 5-6 times a year and have no paying tv/content rights deal unless ameba is now throwing them some cash .The fights for k1 japan deliver but that have nothing to do with the level of the promotion at this time.

because the are essentially now just a random regional promotion. They sell like 2500 to 3k tickets to an event like 5-6 times a year and have no paying tv/content rights deal unless ameba is now throwing them some cash .The fights for k1 japan deliver but that have nothing to do with the level of the promotion at this time.
Nah it's kinda fine if people don't have an intimate knowledge or watch that much since it's not that accessible I get that. Just that like some of the Enfusion nuts/employees who come out of the woodwork for the Enfusion better than -threads who seemingly didn't even have a clue K-1 is doing events. No wonder the sport is, well, should I say struggling in places? When people working for/very close to the promotions don't even have a basic level of understanding about the other players in the scene. Should probably vaguely keep an eye on the things others are doing well or fucking up in, specially when all their shit is up on youtube for free.

Last edited:
Nah it's kinda fine if people don't have an intimate knowledge or watch that much since it's not that accessible I get that. Just that like some of the Enfusion nuts/employees who come out of the woodwork for the Enfusion better than -threads who seemingly didn't even have a clue K-1 is doing events. No wonder the sport is, well, should I say struggling in places? When people working for/very close to the promotions don't even have a basic level of understanding about the other players in the scene. Should probably vaguely keep an eye on the things others are doing well or fucking up in, specially when all their shit is up on youtube for free.
what do you expect from people who work for what is essentially a money laundering operation?

Superkombat, evaluation at stock exchange; Glory events costs

BUCHAREST, ROMANIA
ZIARUL FINANCIAR

So, Bucharest Stock Exchange (BVB) evaluates the brand Superkombat at over 30 million euros, according to Ziarul Financiar (one of the most respectable financial newspapers in Romania, alongside Capital).

So basically we only talk about 2 formed brands in the world of kickboxing right now, considering K-1 is dead and nobody knows where is the brand. Probably unsold in Japan.

Of course, the Chinese could also sell between Chinese. Regarding Bellator or Enfusion, if they want to sell nobody will buy. In Superkombat, there are people from America that invest. New sponsors will be announced, a famous beer brand very known in North America and sports apparel.

Superkombat CEO, Mr Eduard Irimia, has revealed that his events cost 300-400k dollars while Glory event usually cost 1-1.5 million dollars (with a net profit of 200k). Anyway, these sums are not for the just finished seasons of 2016. At least Glory certainly dropped, both as purses and organisation. Superkombat only dropped as purses, since the organisation was imporved big (see Bucharest and especially Madrid WGPs, and Las Vegas and New York will arrive too, plus Rome).
What's the source for this poorly written article? This reads like something you would write, in fact I am inclined to believe that you did write this.

Back