Has anyone ever been caught in an "Full-Nelson" in the UFC/MMA before?

That's a mounted crucifix

No, that's a pun, meaning that Kimbo Slice had a face of "full Nelson". Get it? Roy Nelson was the guy on top. Get it?
Kimbo's face was full of him......
Roy Nelson......
The guy on top..........

Nevermind. Sorry. Thank you for astutely describing the shown MMA position.

not a nelson, but this came to mind

That was called a "Cow Catcher" when I was wrestling in HS/College. It's considered "potentially dangerous" unless your locked hands are off to the side of the spine. A full nelson is also "Potentially Dangerous" in Amatuer/Folk style wrestling and will stop the action (and I believe lose a point).. Fuck, man... I loved the cow catcher....

Now what I want to know is when a fighter is going to win a fight by getting his busty cornerwoman to distract the referee, slipping a set of brass knuckles out of his shorts and decking the opponent while the official is distracted.

Although if it's Steve Mazzagatti they might actually be able to come in wearing the knuckles.

Over their gloves.

And pointing them out to Steve during the TOUCH GLOVES bit.

And getting a giant tattoo that says "I HAVE BRASS KNUCKLES".

WIN - Augusto Menezes Santos IVC 1 - Real Fight Tournament || Jul / 06 / 1997 Submission (Crucifix) || N/A 1 0:32

They called this a crucifix but it was basically an inverted full nelson. They were both standing, and Goodridge had Santos in like a "DDT" position, and he underhooked both of his arms and locked his hands together and just squeezed until Santos submit.

Goodridge has some of the all-time greatest finishes in MMA. I think his Crucifix-Elbox-Destruction is probably my all-time favourite finish in MMA.

has anyone ever been caught in a school yard headlock??

dumb thread

waste 2 the land

billy jack haynes got hercules in one once

edit: oops u said ufc/mma

They called this a crucifix but it was basically an inverted full nelson. They were both standing, and Goodridge had Santos in like a "DDT" position, and he underhooked both of his arms and locked his hands together and just squeezed until Santos submit.

Goodridge has some of the all-time greatest finishes in MMA. I think his Crucifix-Elbox-Destruction is probably my all-time favourite finish in MMA.

jeremy bohlander had one around ufc 20 +_. in a 200# tournament. called it a crucifix (ken was actually guest commentating and that was the lion's den terminology).

That's the best explanation so far. A full nelson is rarely seen in professional MMA--I'm not certain about the amateur circuit--but the half nelson is used pretty frequently.

Because a half is legal in folk style, and its an instinctual turn over for anyone who's wrestled (hell I've used it in judo). The full Nelson being illegal in wrestling means guys are conditioned not to use it.

(Full Nelson has more use as an annoyance or a turnover than as a sub)

ufc 12 against nick sanzo. wiki changed it to reverse full nelson. it was called a crucifix at the time.

Lesnar had Mir in a half nelson as he pummeled his face full of strawberry jam.

Back