Harvard study on Media fairness re: Trump

The study was not regarding if the media has been fair to trumph, but how much it has been negative/positive. Fair in TS mind seems to be a 50/50% positive/negative articles. But negative and positive content depend on the subject. Was media coverage on 9/11 unfair because the vast bulk was negative to the terrorist act? If Trumph says stupid things and do stupid stuff, media should not go "oh, its stupid, but we printed a negative article about the last thing he did, so we cannot do so again until we have printed a positive aricle to keep it "fair"".

If OP or anyone in this thread feels something Trump's administration did is unfairly painted in a negative light, go ahead and just say it already

If you want to credit his policy, appointments or statements where you think media coverage reacted unfairly, go right ahead

I'm seeing a lot of "look at all these negative stories in the news" without the actual stories you think were covered wrong

CNN correspondents make wild accusations without understanding the law (or ignoring it). That is why no one trusts them. Here is an honest assessment of some of these accusations from somewhat of an expert on the law and a Democrat...

<{anton}><{anton}><{anton}>

The study was not regarding if the media has been fair to trumph, but how much it has been negative/positive. Fair in TS mind seems to be a 50/50% positive/negative articles. But negative and positive content depend on the subject. Was media coverage on 9/11 unfair because the vast bulk was negative to the terrorist act? If Trumph says stupid things and do stupid stuff, media should not go "oh, its stupid, but we printed a negative article about the last thing he did, so we cannot do so again until we have printed a positive aricle to keep it "fair"".

Pretty sure TS's mind said something along the lines of consider national poll numbers on particular topics and compare with the medias respective coverage of that same topic. Immigration polled roughly 50/50 nationally and got 93/7 coverage for example.

Also, stuff like: Breaking news! trump pee'd on Russian hookers on a bed Obama once slept in!

Last edited:
Basically, all major media networks now look like FOX News during Obama's second term.

This is at least the third thread you've posted this video in. It blows, and does nothing to exonerate trump. The speaker hinges his entire argument on the ground that a special prosecutor likely won't be able to find a federal crime to charge trump personally. This argument sucks for several reasons:

1) So fucking what. A special prosecutor will review all facts pertinent to his investigation. The scope of this one, is rather large. Essentially: to what extent did the Russians meddle in this election and to what extent where members of the trump administration knowledgeable or complicit. Now any specific crimes found to have been violated will be passed on the AG. He can then decide to go ahead and formally charge or proceed however. Nonetheless, the damage isn't contained to just that. The special prosecutor will also give a record of his findings. In a very high profile incident like this, it will likely be given before congress and plastered on every news outlet. If he finds that the russians did meddle, and that members of the administration were aware, how do you think the public will receive that news? A parade for trump because no specific charges can be pinned to him directly?

2) If the contents of the Comey memo are true, then there likely is a federal charge that can be pinned on trump. That of Obstruction of Justice. If trump leaned on Comey to drop an investigation, or if he fired him to impede an investigation, that is Obstruction. No question. How the speaker in that video can so cavalierly declare there is nothing here before an investigation has even begun is just fundamentally retarded.
Now the allegations against trump haven't been proven. We only have an alleged memo from Comey and some leaks to the media from anonymous sources. If they don't bear fruit, then yeah, trump will walk on this one. But we haven't had Comey testify regarding this yet (we'll have to wait for next week), but if these allegations are true, there is certainly at least one federal charge to hit trump with. The same one that brought about the resignation of another president who was facing impeachment.
And I know you keep harping on the speaker being a lawyer (who in Congress isn't lately). But so am I, and a former prosecutor to boot. There is enough to warrant an investigation here. Maybe it leads to nothing, but it certainly can't be dismissed out of hand like the video suggests.

3) The criticism of Trump is more than just that which may be a federal crime. He was informed by the acting AG at the time that Flynn had lied under oath about payments from foreign governments. He was informed by our intelligence agencies that Flynn was compromised. He hired him anyway. While that is no federal crime, it is certainly incompetent and borderline treasonous. Should the special prosecutor find or further fleshout more of the russia meddeling, how is that going to play for trump? Is the argument "sure was fucking retarded, but it wasn't technically illegal" going to carry the day? It may be what trump supporters hand their hats on. But don't expect the rest of the world to just sit so passively.

"Borderline treasonous?" Making a poor judgement on a cabinet choice is definitely not a crime. A charge of treason holds a particular standard, and I don't see how a prosecutor can can think there is a case against Trump unless he is full of wishful thinking and false hope like so many other followers of the MSM.

"Sure was fucking retarded, but it wasn't technically illegal?" Well, if it's not "technically illegal," then it's not illegal.

I love how Trumpets presume that fairness in treating Trump logically demands that he see 50/50 coverage, or that there should be equality between Presidents.

He's getting what he deserves.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Trumpets implicitly presume the same logic as #BLM supporters. It doesn't matter that similar academic analyses of coverage during the campaign cycle also saw him receiving the most coverage by a huge amount (which is a major advantage during campaigns) and that Hillary received the most negative coverage...no, it's a nonstop victim complex with this guy and his supporters.

Toughen up, buttercups.

"Borderline treasonous?"

"Sure was fucking retarded, but it wasn't technically illegal?" Well, if it's not "technically illegal," then it's not illegal.

Too bad for Trump the standard most hold for the president is more than just "well as long as it's not illegal it doesn't matter how poor a decision it is."

You also skipped the entire point that there very well could be a federal charge here for obstruction of justice.

Well right wing cable channel Fox is still majority negative. Not a big shocker that everything not right wing is not in favor either.

Ever consider that Trump just fucks up all the time?
They think unless you do 50/50 positive/negative of everybody, you're being unfair.

Since Trump has been a freakish failure, accurate, honest coverage would be mostly negative.

The most egregious shit on CNN is Conway talking about alternative facts and the Bowling Green Massacre.

A big factor in Trump's popularity is him "rustling jimmies" and triggering liberals.

Then they get upset if he gets negative coverage and act like he's a victim.
That's a huge factor. The, imo, main one.

I get the feeling many would burn their own houses down if they felt sure the flames would spread to their liberal neighbors, and they'd choke on the fumes.

CNN correspondents make wild accusations without understanding the law (or ignoring it). That is why no one trusts them. Here is an honest assessment of some of these accusations from somewhat of an expert on the law (and a Democrat)...

Using fox to discredit cnn.

Fucking LOL.

Using fox to discredit cnn.

Fucking LOL.

Nice attempt at comprehension. Do you know who Alan Dershowitz is? He is a regular CNN analyst who was interviewed by Fox in the video I posted.

I'm not familiar with the poster you're replying to, so forgive me if I'm missing something; but Trump is not and has never been associated with the libertarian party. To imply such a thing is not very nice to do to our libertarian friends.

He self-identifies as a small-l "libertarian," not a member of the Libertarian Party.

Ok that's a great example, CNN mocked the birthers but reported "trump hiring Russian prostitutes to pee on him" as a genuine story

This is an inaccurate claim.

Obviously CNN & Co are trash but to be fair here, the study itself says nothing about "fairness"

Again a good post from a poster I don't agree with.

Hespect!!'

What do Trumpsters think that graph should look like in a perfect world? Is it just 50/50 down the middle at all times regardless of what the president does?

The pre-election coverage is enough evidence of bias. Even if you think Trump was worse than Hillary, and the choice was between a douche and a turd, the MSM shined up Hillary like she was one of the best candidates in the history of all time.

Unfortunately for anyone on the "it's about what Trump has done recently" train, the media destroyed it's credibility long before it ever got to that point.

It's a shame that we fight about this. Once everyone realizes that the MSM(yes, even FOX) is full of shit, and we shouldn't listen to them, only then can we move forward.

Considering that the negatives popped up since day one...you cucks didn't even gave the POTUS a chance...

Mind you it's not how govt should work from either side. But given what happened in the prev 6 years and the replacement of Obama with an alt right birther, you cries for a fair shake are comical.

BTW at what point should we have stopped holding our tongues? Becuase the day 1 liberal protesters were morons in my mind, but the point of "giving trump a chance" passed a while ago.

The pre-election coverage is enough evidence of bias. Even if you think Trump was worse than Hillary, and the choice was between a douche and a turd, the MSM shined up Hillary like she was one of the best candidates in the history of all time.

Unfortunately for anyone on the "it's about what Trump has done recently" train, the media destroyed it's credibility long before it ever got to that point.

It's a shame that we fight about this. Once everyone realizes that the MSM(yes, even FOX) is full of shit, and we shouldn't listen to them, only then can we move forward.

Trump acted like an unhinged child throughout the campaign and nothing has changed. Really, I just can't imagine how anyone expects that to result in good press. What would that even look like? "Good evening, Trump said something insane / hilarious / factually wrong on twitter today. This is really cool and good. Back to you, Bob." I mean we wouldn't want to be biased against obnoxious clowns or anything.

Hillary had a lot of liabilities like e-mails and they got plenty of coverage but she didn't spout off a steady stream of nonsense every single day. Her campaign was disciplined and conventional, albeit entirely lifeless and uninspiring.

It's all fine and good to bitch about the MSM but I'm not entirely sure where we move forward to. Breitbart and Infowars are the new MSM and they're 10x worse than FOX/CNN/MSNBC.

The media is supposed to be professional. They are anything but. They have exposed themselves as partisan hacks that can't find a legitimate source for the garbage they spew. Over the past few weeks the NY Times, and Washington Post have been repeatedly proven wrong. ABC, NBC, CNN, CBS, etc... all pick up these false stories, run with them, and we have not just an uninformed set of Americans that watch their garbage, but a misinformed set of Americans. We have left the era of a "Free Press" and entered the era of lies and deceit.

CNN is more than fair to Trump. He gets 93 percent negative coverage when 97 percent of what he does is negative. If anything they are soft on him

Back