Hardest punch that didn't get the KO

Even lit himself on fire smoking crack one time.

f2fb2c0a6166598171eeea228c973faa.jpg
Pretty sure thats Morgan Freeman.

This one deserves a mention.Golovkin has one hell of a chin.

Golovkin ate that up,completely unfazed and still rooted to the spot and coming forward.
Must be demoralising for Canelo.

Hang on, nobody is rolling with hearns? Good luck guys, if someone snacks me in the face with that it's goodnight.

The uppercut Joshua landed on Wlad reminded me the one Lewis landed on Vitali.

Wlad did get KOed a few times but it had more to do with porous defense than the lack of a chin.

Golovkin ate that up,completely unfazed and still rooted to the spot and coming forward.

Golovkin always spars with much larger guys because he's confident in his chin and his power. Kovalev himself said that he would have had to hit him with a full power shot just to keep him off of him, something that he didn't want to do in sparring when he was his stablemate under Abel Sanchez. He inherited that chin if you look at his parents. His mom has the jaw of a bulldog if you've ever seen her. The guy was fighting grown men as a kid on the streets of Karaganda for funsies. Even Jacobs' shots weren't having an effect. It's a combination of inheriting a granite chin and knowing how to take a punch.

Hopkins: Canelo Must Go To The Body To Stop Golovkin <-- Good idea

The uppercut Joshua landed on Wlad reminded me the one Lewis landed on Vitali.

Wlad did get KOed a few times but it had more to do with porous defense than the lack of a chin.

I mentioned that uppercut that Lewis landed flush on Vitali before and my comment was met with criticism by one or two posters as if it wasn't a big shot that he ate. Contrarianism is a cancer around here.

Last edited:
I mentioned that uppercut that Lewis landed flush on Vitali before and my comment was met with criticism by one or two posters as if it wasn't a big shot that he ate. Contrarianism is a cancer around here.

Shit, that was one hell of a shot. Vitali's bloody gash wasn't his only issue here. Contrary to popular belief, he ate some heavy leather and wasn't in control when he got stopped.

I was thinking George Chuvalo, but couldn't find any specific punch. Instead I found this piece, Chuvalo talking about his fight vs. Frazier:

“My eye was already so swollen that my right eyeball was sticking out like one-eyed Marty Feldman—these bulging eyes. So when I got hit with a left hook, it messed up my right eye. That hurt like hell. It didn’t rock me. I just felt the pain of the punch, as it drove my eyeball through the optic floor. So when they operated on me, they took my eyeball out and put in a piece of plastic silicon. I have a piece of silicon in my head holding up my right eyeball.”

It's crazy that he went on to fight opponents like George Foreman, Jimmy Ellis, Muhammed Ali and Cleveland Williams after that surgery.

They could've punched his eye ball out.

lol that eating a huge clean punch is some sort of win for Golovkin.

Garcia's hook on Khan was a good shot.

When Tyson dropped Douglas, too.

how about the Tyson shot on that stiff Russian that busted his spine. I remember he didn't go out and walked out, which every one gave him shit, only to find out that he spine got fucked up

lol that eating a huge clean punch is some sort of win for Golovkin.
It is kind of the point of this particular thread.

Not really. If it were, we'd be talking about Canelo's punch and not Golovkin.

Well, both men are involved. It takes two. Canelo smashed him in the face and Golovkin absorbed it. Props to Canelo for smashing his face in. Better?

Was surprised that Golovkin after eating Canelo's best shots. Golovkin has landed big shots (right hooks) that haven't floored or even staggered some of his opponents though.

aqIgJIW.gif

This one stunned big george pretty badly.

Froch vs Groves
1.gif

Foreman vs Frazier
down-goes-frazier-2-o.gif

Donaire vs Montiel
donaire-montiel-o.gif

Katsidis vs Marquez
0KaZpV7.gif

1. I gotta go back and watch some Nonito Donaire. I think I underrated him because of how Rigondeaux took him apart.

2. Marquez gets floored all the time. His stance sometimes is the reason, but in this case that was just sick left hand.

1. I gotta go back and watch some Nonito Donaire. I think I underrated him because of how Rigondeaux took him apart.

Lots of people under-rate Donaire off of that, & many now like to ignore him making everyone in three divisions his absolute bitch.

Didn't have much boxing skill, but speed/power/athleticism for days.

2. Marquez gets floored all the time. His stance sometimes is the reason, but in this case that was just sick left hand.

My second-favourite fighter ever was rather open to lefts (whether orthodox or southpaw): Pac, Katsidis, Norwood all knocked him down with them. Fuck, even Terdsak Jandaeng (who, if nothing else, could bang) had him going from one.

But yeah, that was a huuuuge left hook Kats landed.

Back