Hardcore

Some of my favourite new HC bands

Dangers - The Morning Routine

Violent Bullshit (featuring the guitar player from Les Savy Fav & the singer from Orchid)

Strafplanet - Big Feelings 7"

G.L.O.S.S. - Demo (these guys just broke up (while on the verge of blowing up) they're basically the modern HC equivalent of Operation Ivy, but their all transgender or queer)

Love these guys atm

I can see why, sounds awesome. They remind me of Punch.

Machine Gun Romantics

Los Crudos - We're That Spic Band

Ruidosa Inmundicia (Austria) (doesn't matter what they're singing, screaming sounds the same in all languages :D )

Plutocracy - West Bay Policy

Some more melodic stuff, that's recorded "properly"

Municipal Waste (these guys fucking rule)

Wow some phenomenal responses. SOIA is playing a Brooklyn bar that only holds about 300 people with Indecision. It's for their 30th anniversary if I'm correct. Tickets were sold out fairly quick.

As far as newer HC bands, I got into straight forward, younger than me bands, playing faster hardcore with more two step parts than mosh parts...I.e backtrack. Really liked their first 2 lps.

I also think you might enjoy rotting out. Granted their singer has fallen on hard times, his own fault, but they are awesome. Flew across the country to see their last show in LA last year.

Other obvious choices would be bane (saw their 20th anniversary show in mass in Jan and their last show ever in June)

Death threat, a Connecticut band where some actually played in hatebreed from the mid 90's, is also a favorite of mine. I've actually cooked dinner for most of them.

Also, beardothewierdo, solid choices. My best friend has a scholastic deth tattoo, "literally illiterate", on his forearm. I saw municipal waste in 05. And I always wanted to see los crudos.

My friend, to use their words, is a spic (I mean no offense at all, he says it, he's Puerto Rican and embraces his culture and family, which I also do).

Speaking of los crudos, and to an extent Martin, the singer, and since you brought up gloss and queers...limp wrist. Saw them in NYC about 6-7 years ago. Unreal.

I wish gloss would stay around. Their first demo is unreal. The opening track just demands attention. Maybe they got tired of being at the forefront of a political movement in an underground scene that started to get attention. Needless to say, that first demo rips.

Still my favourite band. Half hardcore half punk rock, full awesome.

Thanks for posting this. I saw it last night but was getting ready to lay down. So this was the first thing I listened to this morning. Half hardcore half punk rock, full awesome is a great description and is the type of sound I really like. I will definitely be checking out more from these guys.

Also, beardothewierdo, solid choices. My best friend has a scholastic deth tattoo, "literally illiterate", on his forearm. I saw municipal waste in 05. And I always wanted to see los crudos.

My friend, to use their words, is a :eek::eek::eek::eek: (I mean no offense at all, he says it, he's Puerto Rican and embraces his culture and family, which I also do).

Speaking of los crudos, and to an extent Martin, the singer, and since you brought up gloss and queers...limp wrist. Saw them in NYC about 6-7 years ago. Unreal.

I wish gloss would stay around. Their first demo is unreal. The opening track just demands attention. Maybe they got tired of being at the forefront of a political movement in an underground scene that started to get attention. Needless to say, that first demo rips.

I'm in the Toronto area, a lot of those bands never made it up here, but we had Chris Colohan and all his bands. I saw Death Threat and Cursed open for Converge, that was an awesome show.

Limpwrist were amazing, I would've loved to see them live. I like them better than Crudos. Needles were really good too.

Yeah, that first track on the G.L.O.S.S. demo is my favourite from them too. Here`s why they broke up.
We all remain close friends, but are at a point where we need to be honest about the toll this band is taking on the mental and physical health of some of us. We are not all high-functioning people, and operating at this level of visibility often feels like too much.

We want to measure success in terms of how we’ve been able to move people and be moved by people, how we’ve been able to grow as individuals. This band has become too large and unwieldy to feel sustainable or good anymore—the only thing growing at this point is the cult of personality surrounding us, which feels unhealthy. There is constant stress, and traveling all the time is damaging our home lives, keeping us from personal growth and active involvement in our communities. Being in the mainstream media, where total strangers have a say in something we’ve created for other queer people, is exhausting.

The punk we care about isn’t supposed to be about getting big or becoming famous, it’s supposed to be about challenging ourselves and each other to be better people. It feels hard to be honest and inward when we are constantly either put on a pedestal or torn down, worshipped or demonized. We want to be whole people, not one-dimensional cartoons.

http://www.maximumrocknroll.com/goodbye-from-g-l-o-s-s/

G.L.O.S.S.' final show was in Toronto, a couple weeks ago, at "Not Dead Yet" fest... I couldn't go...:(

@BeardotheWeirdo damn thanks for posting those. haven't listened to scholastic deth or los crudos in forever

saw municipal waste with converge and the red chord years ago people had boogie boards and were jumping off the stage with them lol

speaking of los crudos... lol

ah i didn't read your guys' post fully i see you already mentioned limp wrist. guess i'll bring up gayrilla biscuits {<jordan}

@BeardotheWeirdo damn thanks for posting those. haven't listened to scholastic deth or los crudos in forever

saw municipal waste with converge and the red chord years ago people had boogie boards and were jumping off the stage with them lol

speaking of los crudos... lol

That sounds like one hell of a show. I love all three of those bands.

Did that show with municipal waste and converge happen do be in 05? In Poughkeepsie? Rythmden fest?

If so, I was there. Shai huluds "reunion" show. Also, zombie apocalypse, modern life is war, and the banner played. It was crazy.

And to beardothewierdo, cursed is fucking awesome. Got into them only a few years ago, in my d-beat phase, but still love 2 and 3. That intro into night terrors on 3 is awesome. Have you listened to sect yet? It has Chris on vocals. A record store near me sells his "vegan bacon fat".

Did that show with municipal waste and converge happen do be in 05? In Poughkeepsie? Rythmden fest?

If so, I was there. Shai huluds "reunion" show. Also, zombie apocalypse, modern life is war, and the banner played. It was crazy.

And to beardothewierdo, cursed is fucking awesome. Got into them only a few years ago, in my d-beat phase, but still love 2 and 3. That intro into night terrors on 3 is awesome. Have you listened to sect yet? It has Chris on vocals. A record store near me sells his "vegan bacon fat".

Yah, Sect is really good. Chris is always in great bands.

it was in '05 but it was in tampa florida

Here's a great brand new album I just heard yesterday. Ryan Travis (the singer for Cattle Decapitation doing a tribute to Anal Cunt, with lyrics and song-titles "inspired" by Donald Trump :D It's grind-core, but it seems to fit here.

Wormrot put out a new album also

Sounds pretty awesome so far

@ValeTudoChef
iframe>

https://acousticdeth.bandcamp.com/releases

It's not very good but figured I'd share anyways. The bass player recorded them all

Newish shit:

Older stuff:

Poison Idea "Pick Your King EP":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pURwHm32C70

I love that first Rhino Charge EP, and Iron Lung are brilliant (especially for a two-piece)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back