Hardcore

Scott Parker 27

Your Mom's Box
@Brown
Reaction score
Alright all you guys younger than me in the mix. Need some suggestions for some good hard-core bands to check out. I feel like I've listened to all of my albums sick of it all, blood for blood, gorilla biscuits, one life crew. Need some new shit, anyone recommend something current? Thanks.

Alright all you guys younger than me in the mix. Need some suggestions for some good hard-core bands to check out. I feel like I've listened to all of my albums sick of it all, blood for blood, gorilla biscuits, one life crew. Need some new shit, anyone recommend something current? Thanks.

Try this

lil taste of Detroit for ya and one of me fave bands of all time .

I'm old. When I think Hardcore I think 80's LA punk or the D.C. scene. Maybe the Cro Mags from NYC

I'm old. When I think Hardcore I think 80's LA punk or the D.C. scene. Maybe the Cro Mags from NYC
Ya me too. Still looking for something good though. I wasnt sure if I was just getting old or if the scene didnt really exist anymore. Used to go to shows with sick of it all, agnostic front etc. When I go to a punk show now its not a lot of kids, just a few people my age who are there for nostalgic reasons.

not really "new" but a lot newer than gorilla biscuits and agnostic front

a bit more like blood for blood/soia style hardcore

I just finished doing sound for the Southwest Terror Fest, there was like 30+ bands on my stage over three days including a handful of old school guys like Final Conflict, Infest, ACxDC probably a few more but its all a blur at this point. The old guys were still killing it, teaching the youngsters about where it started. The Infest singer broke like 5 mic cables because he kept jumping into the mosh pit. SUMAC, Pig Destroyer and Agoraphobic Nosebleed headlined each night and all three were great. Good times, probably lost some of my hearing.

You are looking for old school hardcore, however, newer bands, right? Try a couple of these bands:

You are looking for old school hardcore, however, newer bands, right? Try a couple of these bands:

Ah fuck ya. I need to break out my record player and convert some of my old 7" to MP3. Those songs remind me of the good ol days

Ya me too. Still looking for something good though. I wasnt sure if I was just getting old or if the scene didnt really exist anymore. Used to go to shows with sick of it all, agnostic front etc. When I go to a punk show now its not a lot of kids, just a few people my age who are there for nostalgic reasons.
That's because when most people get older, they realize hardcore is just guys who want to play metal but don't have the talent. Except Sick of it All. They are awesome.

That's because when most people get older, they realize hardcore is just guys who want to play metal but don't have the talent. Except Sick of it All. They are awesome.
Im not homophobic, but you sound like a ball washer sir.

Last edited:
Back