Hans Zimmer is the Led Zeppelin of film soundtracks

giphy.gif

I was listening to this track yesterday and I was like ''this sounds familiar'', then I read the comments and others remarked that indeed it sounds exactly like Hans Zimmer's Interstellar theme. Riley's track came out 40 years ago.

Terry Riley's original creation: 50k views

Hans Zimmer's stolen track: 52 million views

This is how the world works, folks.

Screen-Shot-2017-03-31-at-12.28.52-AM.png

The Inception theme too is such a blatant rip off I'm amazed.

He's incredible. The man just cannot fail

I haven’t heard all his work but the main theme of The Rock is bomb and I love the Black Hawk Down score too.

How did that movie do in Japan?

I was in the states for uni when that movie came out, so not sure how it was recieved in Japan overall.
It's come up in a few conversations with friends over the years, most of them, including me, have mixed feelings on it. Action wise it's cool, and it was cool to see a great Japanese cast get a Hollywood movie, and those actors are all famous. But the story and dialogue were just obviously written by and for Westerners, so there was a lot that just came off as silly and unnatural
I didnt like it on my first viewing, but in repeat viewings, i came to appreciate things about it, the soundtrack being a big one.

I was in the states for uni when that movie came out, so not sure how it was recieved in Japan overall.
It's come up in a few conversations with friends over the years, most of them, including me, have mixed feelings on it. Action wise it's cool, and it was cool to see a great Japanese cast get a Hollywood movie, and those actors are all famous. But the story and dialogue were just obviously written by and for Westerners, so there was a lot that just came off as silly and unnatural
I didnt like it on my first viewing, but in repeat viewings, i came to appreciate things about it, the soundtrack being a big one.
One of the movies that I would drop anything I'm doing to watch til the end.

Cancel the flights! Tom Cruise is outjapanizing the Japanese!

One of the movies that I would drop anything I'm doing to watch til the end.

Cancel the flights! Tom Cruise is outjapanizing the Japanese!
Yeahh, i haven't watched it in ages, but i always would sit down and watch whenever it came on tv when i was livin in the states

:meow:

I was listening to this track yesterday and I was like ''this sounds familiar'', then I read the comments and others remarked that indeed it sounds exactly like Hans Zimmer's Interstellar theme. Riley's track came out 40 years ago.

Terry Riley's original creation: 50k views

Hans Zimmer's stolen track: 52 million views

This is how the world works, folks.

Screen-Shot-2017-03-31-at-12.28.52-AM.png

The Inception theme too is such a blatant rip off I'm amazed.

Bam's Bieberverse ------------------>

That's an insult to Hans Zimmerman though. Zeppelin is overrated.

Better question who hasn't ripped off shit in the music industry, theres a limited amount of unique stuff you can make and that gets smaller every day, if its even possible. I remember when I heard how noel ripped off everyone he heard when he was younger when he was on oasis and was like meh because at that point I've heard how so many artists have done the same, probably a ton more that havent been exposed yet

Back