International Hamas launches surprise attack on Israel; Israel has declared a state of war. Vol. VII

Netanyahu did not shut down Al Jazeera because they were broadcasting untruths...he doesn't want Israel's people to see the genocide being waged in their name.
- He shut down because they're showing the truth.
Next will be The Guardian?

Israeli airstrikes on Rafah begin despite mounting ceasefire pressure​

Gazans thrown into confusion by Hamas’s acceptance of a deal, followed by Israel’s sceptical response and bomb attacks

Rafah’s fate hung in the balance on Monday after Hamas said it had accepted a ceasefire-for-hostage deal but Israel responded sceptically and carried out night airstrikes on Gaza’s southernmost city.

The more than a million Gazans taking refuge in Rafah were thrown into confusion by the day’s events. Israel issued orders for the evacuation of part of the city earlier on Monday, triggering an exodus of thousands of people. There were celebrations in the streets in the evening as Hamas’s announced it had accepted ceasefire, but then disappointment and bewilderment when Israel gave a tepid response and began bombing.

The Israeli military said on Monday it was conducting targeted strikes against Hamas in Rafah.

Israel’s prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, said the terms that Hamas had agreed to fell far from meeting his government’s demands but he would he would dispatch a delegation for further negotiations through Egyptian and Qatari mediators. Some Israeli officials told reporters that Hamas had agreed to a “softened” version of a phased ceasefire plan Egypt had put on the table in recent days.

“This would appear to be a ruse intended to make Israel look like the side refusing a deal,” one Israeli official told Reuters, on condition of anonymity.

The US said it was also studying the proposal and would consult with allies. Matthew Miller, the state department spokesperson, pointed out that the CIA director, William Burns, was still in the region and in touch with all the relevant parties at the hostage and ceasefire talks.

“We continue to believe that a hostage deal is in the best interests of the Israeli people; it’s in the best interest of the Palestinian people,” Miller said. “It would bring an immediate ceasefire, it would allow increased movement of humanitarian assistance and so we’re going to continue to work to try to reach one.”

The main difference dividing the two sides at the hostages-for-ceasefire talks in Cairo last week was over the permanence of a ceasefire. Israel wants to reserve the right to take military action, particularly against the remnants of Hamas’s military wing in Rafah, after the ceasefire has run its course.

Talks in Cairo had appeared to stall over Hamas’s insistence that Israel should commit to making the ceasefire permanent at the outset of the agreement, rather than to negotiate its duration after the truce had taken hold. It was initially unclear whether Hamas had changed its position in announcing its acceptance of a deal on Monday.

Hamas officials were quoted as saying the plan they had accepted involved a ceasefire, reconstruction of Gaza, return of displaced people to their homes and a prisoner swap deal, and that the deal would involve three phases, each of 42 days each. That description left it unclear whether there were substantial differences to the proposal put on the table by Egyptian mediators last week.

As a potential ceasefire hung in the balance, witnesses described frightened families leaving Rafah on foot, riding donkeys, pushing trolleys or packing their belongings into overloaded trucks hours after reading leaflets dropped by the Israeli military that told residents and displaced people in eastern neighbourhoods to flee.

“An Israeli military offensive will lead to an additional layer of an already unbearable tragedy for the people in Gaza,” said Philippe Lazzarini, the head of Unrwa, the UN relief agency in the region. “It will make even more difficult to reverse the expansion of the already man-made famine.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/a...-israel-carries-out-night-airstrikes-on-rafah

Jim Crow, lynchings, beatings, castrations, church bombings. All of those were endured so that Black people in the U.S. could get a start at civil rights. Was it perfect? No, but it was a building block to what we have now.

I'd rather have a START than nothing. But since Arafat/Palestine couldn't get ALL of what they wanted off the rip (in a negotiation), they said "NO." Now, they have perpetual intifada and the horrors of war they are causing to be inflicted on their populace.

It just doesn't make any sense.

You often make statements like African Americans never fought back. ( they did and had every right to ) but somehow those that did aren't attached to your history . Not everyone " endured " and those that fought and rebelled and massacred were praised and were considered a hero for the resistance.

African Americans have generally regarded Turner as a resistance hero for avenging the suffering of Africans and African Americans.[22] James H. Harris, who has written extensively about the history of the Black church, says that the revolt "marked the turning point in the black struggle for liberation." According to Harris, Turner believed that "only a cataclysmic act could convince the architects of a violent social order that violence begets violence."[64]

In an 1843 speech at the National Negro Convention, Henry Highland Garnet, a former slave and active abolitionist, described Nat Turner as "patriotic", saying that "future generations will remember him among the noble and brave."[65] In 1861, Thomas Wentworth Higginson, a white Northern writer, praised Turner in a seminal article published in the Atlantic Monthly. He described Turner as a man "who knew no book but the Bible, and that by heart who devoted himself soul and body to the cause of his race."[66]

In 1988, Turner was included in the Black Americans of Achievement biography series for children, with the book Nat Turner: Slave Revolt Leader by Terry Bisson.[67] The book's introduction was written by Coretta Scott King.[67]

The rights of African Americans didn't just come about through. " enduring "

Exactly, people just see the statistic "Palestineans were offered 94% of their land" and probably think Israel just got some border settlements or something but in reality that deal was nowhere near a functional state, just some bantusans connected via checkpoints..

Notice you keep hearing this over and over in the media and when people argue for Israel. It's because it's a heavily propagandized line. They keep repeating it over and over until some people reflexively say it like a mantra. It's like saying Fox News is "fair and balanced."

Ya bro, but dude students are *reportedly* being paid to protest so I guess that cancels things out, right?

Isn’t Hamas supposedly keeping the Palestinian people against their will as there haven’t been elections in almost two decades? What is wrong with telling civilians to evacuate prior to liberating them from their Hamas oppressors?

You often make statements like African Americans never fought back. ( they did and had every right to ) but somehow those that did aren't attached to your history . Not everyone " endured " and those that fought and rebelled and massacred were praised and were considered a hero for the resistance.

African Americans have generally regarded Turner as a resistance hero for avenging the suffering of Africans and African Americans.[22] James H. Harris, who has written extensively about the history of the Black church, says that the revolt "marked the turning point in the black struggle for liberation." According to Harris, Turner believed that "only a cataclysmic act could convince the architects of a violent social order that violence begets violence."[64]

In an 1843 speech at the National Negro Convention, Henry Highland Garnet, a former slave and active abolitionist, described Nat Turner as "patriotic", saying that "future generations will remember him among the noble and brave."[65] In 1861, Thomas Wentworth Higginson, a white Northern writer, praised Turner in a seminal article published in the Atlantic Monthly. He described Turner as a man "who knew no book but the Bible, and that by heart who devoted himself soul and body to the cause of his race."[66]

In 1988, Turner was included in the Black Americans of Achievement biography series for children, with the book Nat Turner: Slave Revolt Leader by Terry Bisson.[67] The book's introduction was written by Coretta Scott King.[67]

Jim Crow, lynchings, beatings, castrations, church bombings. All of those were endured so that Black people in the U.S. could get a start at civil rights. Was it perfect? No, but it was a building block to what we have now.

I'd rather have a START than nothing. But since Arafat/Palestine couldn't get ALL of what they wanted off the rip (in a negotiation), they said "NO." Now, they have perpetual intifada and the horrors of war they are causing to be inflicted on their populace.

It just doesn't make any sense.
Problem with this analogy is, black people were slaves in America.

Palestinians aren't slaves in Israel, but have to endure terrible conditions and treatment even outside of outright warfare.

We should be at a stage where we recognise Palestinians are just as human as Israelis and deserve access to water and other basic rights.

Israel hasn't accepted that, so there is never going to be peace. Black people weren't going to be slaves in America forever, nor will Palestinians be Israel's subjugates forever.

It's that simple.

Other than that, I agree with you, Palestine need to start playing the game. Politics not war.

I mean, it wasn't just endurance, there were many violent uprisings/revolts and an immense amount of bloodshed including a civil war that almost ripped the country apart, and that in the US case with a minority of the population. And as you noted black folks suffered terribly throughout the whole process and didn't have equal rights post slavery. And that's not even getting into other places like Haiti nor what was done to the native americans. Rights were not solely taken peacefully, minimum that's far from the whole picture and MLK and Malcom X even disparaged the idea of/and those who preached incrementalism.

The Palestinians remember a time when things weren't like this, historically speaking it wasn't that long ago. As far as I'm aware the conditions they were offered weren't full sovereignty, I don't remember all of it off the top of my head. All of us are outside looking in, monday morning quarterbacking and maybe it was foolish of them to decline - I can't say as I don't know what the long term ramifications would've been - but this level of resistance and violence from a colonized people is hardly new or unique to Palestinians.

And of course, I have to give my disclaimer that I'm not a Hummus fan but I also can't ignore that the Palestinians have peacefully protested before to no avail nor can I ignore who aided Hummus to power.

For all the awful Hummus has done, I also have not seen anything to make me believe Israel is an honest, benevolent actor.

I really don't know what the solution is at this point other than ceasefire and two states and maybe a DMZ, just spitballing here, but between Hummus and the present Israeli government I'm not terribly optimistic. I haven't been keeping up much as of late but last I knew Hummus wasn't surrendering power (call me crazy but I don't think they care much about their fellow Palestinians) but did offer to return hostages in exchange for a ceasefire.

But dude, Jim crow lynchings, castrations and church bombings were bad. We can do better. That's the point. You're not claiming that unacceptable dehumanization and murders are merely a part of a people's natural progress of achieving the rights they have, are you?

Again, that's not what "rights" means. It doesn't mean, yes you can eventually get this after you suffer dehumanization and murder, that's an aspiration, not a right.

You're missing my point.

The point is that sometimes you can't get all that you want up front. You start, then build up to it.

Hamas wants all of it NOW.

And it ain't gonna happen.

And they weren't granted overnight either, it took a few centuries.

Death is more important than living to Gazans. This needs to be known.

maxresdefault.jpg

Monsters.

This is amazing.

LOL @ anybody who thinks that the US still has the moral high ground on anything in the international community.

LOL holy shit our whole Senate is cucked by Israel.

Romney admitted one of the reasons for the TikTok ban was because of the pro-Palestinian and anti-Zionist content on the app.

I still support the TikTok ban for other reasons, but the ban is very indicative of how much the US is a bitch of Israel.

Last edited:
Back