• Halloween H20 Twenty Years Later

• Halloween Resurrection

• Rob Zombie's Halloween

• Rob Zombie's Halloween 2

• Halloween '18

• Halloween Kills

• Halloween Ends

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hopefully they get a good actor for Loomis and go from there. Make sure the next group resists the temptation of JLC.

I get where you're coming from, but god damn, I don't want to wait that long again. The wait between RZH2 and H'18 was 9 YEARS! As a massive fan of the franchise I found it to be absolutely unbearable. And what did we get for all that waiting? Dogshit. So I say it's better they get right back to it. After all, imagine.... Batman Begins came out 8 years after Batman & Robin, but that's not what made it good. What made it good was that it itself was genuinely good, regardless of the other films. Had Batman Begins come out a year after B&R instead of 8, I still think it would have been just the same sleeper hit it was, because of how good it was. (In fact, the previous Batman films were such shit that nobody initially seemed to care about Batman Begins. It wasn't until crazy word of mouth spread that it started to pick up steam). Word of mouth works wonders. The same could be true here.

Although I don't think we'll get a film until 2028 (50th Anniversary) I would love to have the next one out by 2025. And if it's good, then the absolute crap that came before it will be immediately washed away and we'll be excited again and all will be forgiven (the Batman Begins effect). But if it's dogshit.....fuck.... then hopefully that means the next iteration won't be too far around the corner after that. Realistically, the more films we get, the better the odds are of something finally good coming along. I mean, they can't keep striking out can they, with crap after crap after crap after crap? There's gotta be a good one again at some point.
geralt-geralt-of-rivia.gif

I shudder to think at how bad the F13th fans have it. 2009. Or even worse, the Freddy fans. 2010 if you count the remake. And 2000-fucking-3 if you count the last one with Robert Englund! And 1994 before that! That's horrendous!

So I say let's get this shit rolling ASAP.
Maybe they should give the tv series idea a shot. At least it’s something & it’s not just jumping into another movie.

Halloween has stuck the landing what, 1 time out of the last 6 tries? Maybe 2 if you count RZH1’s as a good entry which I think there’s a case for.

Maybe they should give the tv series idea a shot. At least it’s something & it’s not just jumping into another movie.

Halloween has stuck the landing what, 1 time out of the last 6 tries? Maybe 2 if you count RZH1’s as a good entry which I think there’s a case for.
I'd be interested to see what they came up with for a TV show. I think we kind of know how it's gonna go given the current landscape and way things are done, but even then, I would at least take a look. I think the ideal time for a TV show was honestly the mid-90s, pre-H20.

But lets say they went ahead with a TV Show, I'd prefer it was an anthology show. Take the route of HIII (and what was supposed to be the original route of the series prior to H4) and let each episode be a standalone story that has to do with Halloween, but not necessarily Michael. But maybe every so often they can do some Michael Myers stories.

Keep the theatrical movies specifically for Michael.
<mma4>

Shit, if they did that, they could literally do anything they wanted. Maybe 1-3 episodes wrapping up the Thorn storyline. Imagine Paul Rudd being in those episodes. And do a HR-sequel episode (with Josh Hartnett and Michelle Williams! -- yeah right). And maybe an episode that's a direct sequel to HIII. And a sequel to RZH2. And the rest could be their own thing, completely unrelated to Michael. Etc. Etc.
<5>

Unofficial Halloween 5 novelization! Read here:

Book PDF: https://6709174f-2191-41a3-8828-e58...d/34ad90_6b0ed584450c4735944b89915651e30b.pdf

H1, HII, HIII, and H4 have all gotten official novelizations but none after that have.

This was written by a fan. For fan work, it's actually pretty good. I highly recommend checking it out. For those who've ever wished for the movies after #4 to get their own book....H5 is finally here (or as close to it as we're ever going to get). Not perfect, but good.

H5-Title.gif

For at least a long time. Let us want it. We didn't get a live action Joker from 1989 to 2008. That's why it was a big deal. Now we have had 3 in the last few years, all in different universes with different sequels! Same thing with Halloween. Let it rest for like 10 years and then let me hear that theme again and get amped for another one.

Every sequel after IV has strayed from what the original movie was all about. They all overcomplicated things or made a movie that just felt like something that didn't belong. You've got overcomplicating plots like V, VI, the producer's cut of VI, Kills, and Ends; movies that had a totally different tone like significant parts of V, Resurrection, H:20, the producer's cut of VI, and the Blumhouse movies; and then humanizing and/or killing the mystique of The Shape/Michael like every single sequel other than IV (that's including HII). I don't think time between movies is as much of an issue as quality is (of course rushed sequels like HV are a problem).

The only other slasher or slasher adjacent franchise that has strayed as far from its' roots (ok, not counting Hellraiser as I don't consider it a slasher film, it's more of an occult film) is The Texas Chain Saw Massacre franchise and that one has an even more complicated group of alternate timelines (no sequel or prequel is tied to anything other than the original movie). I mean Jason had the New Line films (Hell, X, Vs., and Remake), and the gimmicks of New Blood and Manhattan, but those were 9 and 7 films into the franchise, and Freddy at least self corrected with New Nightmare after Freddy's Dead and Dream Master.
Some people have said that Halloween 2018 was a return to the franchise's roots, but it definitely wasn't. A chunk of the film was family drama and a Laurie Strode movie where she and her life problems is the driving force of the film. Michael was humanized into a mortal old man, and he wasn't some specter existing in the background playing with his victims, but a killer just going from house to house to kill and nothing more. The Shape/Michael was smart in the original film, smarter than anyone else with Loomis as his only foil there, he's almost mindless in the 2018 movie. You have all sorts of tonal problems like the ridiculous scene with the mental patients acting like goofy stereotypes, the out of place quippy comedic elements that seem to plague too many films now (save for perhaps the little kid and his babysitter which was at least somewhat like Laurie and Tommy's back and forth), the teenager parts seems so different from the Laurie parts or the podcaster scenes which tried to feel more serious in tone, the dance scene shot like a music video, the aforementioned Laurie and family drama parts having their own feel/tone, and then the parts closer to a traditional generic slasher film, all of these conflicting elements. It feels like a mishmash of four different types of films, and the plot is no less complicated than any other sequel so they screwed up there as well (and it lead to even more ridiculously plotted sequels in Kills and Ends).
Continuity has actually been the bane of the franchise in some ways since the writers always feel the need to follow up on certain events or characters. II felt like it had to give Michael a motivation and needless backstory tying him and Laurie together, VI felt the need to explain all the ridiculous additions from V and V itself felt like it had to explain Michael's motivation/reason for being and followed up the ending of IV in an overly complicated way, H:20 and H'18 were all about Laurie Strode when all she was was one of the two people Michael saw first when he got back to Haddonfield in the original film, and then there's Kills and Ends. Of course there's Resurrection which (outside of the ridiculous underground lair) ditched sequel continuity after of the Laurie-centric opening, but that film had a host of other issues and felt nothing like a Halloween film save for some of the lighting.

For once I'd just like to see a truly back to basics Halloween film, no special ties to any characters (save for the specter of Loomis existing, not literally of course), no need to tie it to any other films other than H1 but it could fit in with other sequels, a simple plot, treating The Shape like The Shape as John Carpenter intended it, a creepy open ending, no need to modernize anything (a big sin of the Blumhouse movies), and shot and directed to actually feel like a Halloween film. A good sequel should feel timeless, not tied to trends or even technology as that sort of thing should be in the background.
I don't feel like they need a long wait to do this type of film but they may want to at least distance the series from the Blumhouse trilogy with how it turned out.

Unofficial Halloween 5 novelization! Read here:

Book PDF: https://6709174f-2191-41a3-8828-e58...d/34ad90_6b0ed584450c4735944b89915651e30b.pdf

H1, HII, HIII, and H4 have all gotten official novelizations but none after that have.

This was written by a fan. For fan work, it's actually pretty good. I highly recommend checking it out. For those who've ever wished for the movies after #4 to get their own book....H5 is finally here (or as close to it as we're ever going to get). Not perfect, but good.

H5-Title.gif
nice find I'm reading it now
it's not perfect but it's entertaining

I love that this is kind of like the heart of old horror movies
you get something you are passionate about and as much money and time (and cocaine) and out out something that won't be perfect but will be a damn good time.

this is a passion project for the dude and get does really well putting all the pieces of the lore together

Hot take: 3 is the best. Tom Atkins rules.
I have it ranked #3 in the entire franchise. It's been as high as #1. Then moved to #2. And now I have it as #3. But it's based purely on enjoyment. I love it.

nice find I'm reading it now
it's not perfect but it's entertaining

I love that this is kind of like the heart of old horror movies
you get something you are passionate about and as much money and time (and cocaine) and out out something that won't be perfect but will be a damn good time.

this is a passion project for the dude and get does really well putting all the pieces of the lore together
There's aspects of it that are EXTREMELY good, and aspects of it that had me shaking my head and rolling my eyes.

I didn't like how Tina was written like the Rob Zombie version of Tina. It didn't match with what we saw on screen. "Fuck fuck fuck. Fuck this, fuck that. Fuck."

I didn't like how at times certain dialogue didn't match up with the movie dialogue.

The whole Tower Farm bit was extremely rushed. He could have milked the shit out of it and made it as suspenseful as possible. Instead, he sort of rushes through it and it feels halfbaked.

I wish he would have expanded on the very end of the book. It's essentially a drop in the bucket, where he could have REALLY given us a deep look into things and really put some time into it. Instead, it's like a 3 page stinger and almost feels like it shouldn't have been added.

----

The rest, for the most part, I really enjoyed. Some parts were really gripping. And I liked how the climax actually felt like a proper climax (where you could really feel everything coming to a head). He built to it really well.

Dr. Loomis was written surprisingly well. As was Jamie. And Meeker. And the Man in Black.

He said he might do H6. I hope he does.

I liked the Blumhouse trilogy but I'm glad they are moving on. It's probably time for another reboot but hopefully they can let it sit for a big. I'd still prefer them go the Halloween anthology route with a different Halloween story every year but the Akkad's are dead set on Michael forever.

I liked the Blumhouse trilogy but I'm glad they are moving on. It's probably time for another reboot but hopefully they can let it sit for a big. I'd still prefer them go the Halloween anthology route with a different Halloween story every year but the Akkad's are dead set on Michael forever.
I'd like to see a TV show explore the anthology route. Each episode could be a different story based around Halloween the holiday. Then every so often they can do a Myers-related or Myers-centric episode. But most of them should be stand alone. If they do it right it could be awesome. (But who are we kidding)

I say keep the theatrical movies for Michael.

I have it ranked #3 in the entire franchise. It's been as high as #1. Then moved to #2. And now I have it as #3. But it's based purely on enjoyment. I love it.
I'm mad at myself for taking so long to appreciate 3. It was always the one without Michael Myers and now I have it up high as well. The score, the vibe of the movie, Tom Adkins, the grim ending, just a good fun movie.

Although I'm in favor of a fresh start reboot with no ties to anything else (though still staying true to the foundation of what makes Michael Michael and Halloween Halloween), this is admittedly very disappointing.
jerhb9mlgiob1.jpg

Not sure what this means:
q9z3u9mlgiob1.jpg

The USA commercial still holds up as the best piece of post release marketing ever done for the Halloween franchise.
It's one of the best promos I've ever seen for this franchise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back