Had my first amateur fight lastnight

You've only been training since Janurary? Or training for the fight?

Looked good in there! Smokers are for getting experience, and it seems like you had the right attitude. Come back harder, faster, meaner!

What the heck was that filmed with, a Motorola Razr?

You've only been training since Janurary? Or training for the fight?

Looked good in there! Smokers are for getting experience, and it seems like you had the right attitude. Come back harder, faster, meaner!
It was my New Years resolution to start training, only 6months training, I'm only 22, I've spent the last 6 years battling drugs, soo starting mma/muay Thai was the start of a new beginning for myself. I'll be back stronger, 5 weeks till the next one.

Last edited:
You had a good fight. Attitude is right. Things to work on

1. Guard and trowing out of it. Notice the difference of your and the other guys guard and how he trows without huge give aways.

2. Relaxation and clearing the technique. That is very much connected with trowing from the guard. Your shoulders and arms are not relaxed. Your body moves way too much when hitting. You waste a lot of energy.That will help with cardio.

For example I have a friend who runs 10 miles without a problem and is muscular and all but when we spar he gasses as he is not relaxed and is very stiff. He compensated the lack if technique with effort wasting energy for otherwise what could be simple hits and movement.

3. Play more with your feet. You have been pushing forward not even moving back not to talk about lateral movement. Get your feet involved.

I would not.advice on fighting very often. First work on the technique.

Last edited:
That was a really good fight. The guy you fought looked pretty skilled and you had him on the ropes for a good amount of time. No shame in losing to him.

P.s. I like Ben E. King but that was a terrible walkout song choice

Looked really good for only 6 months of training. Keep it up.

That was a really good fight. The guy you fought looked pretty skilled and you had him on the ropes for a good amount of time. No shame in losing to him.

This is a good point. You might have won had you had better walkout music.

yeah it was my opponents 3rd fight to my knowledge, his brother is the NZ champ and they've trained since they were kids from what I was told. that's my opponents older brother.

haha I thought it was a good choice to get a drunk crowd singing, I think it backed fired and will probably use 'mick jenkins - Jerome' next time.

This was my other option

I don't know what to make of that. Better, maybe? Maybe?

You can borrow my walk out music if you want:

The trick to good walk out music is to have a very recognizable intro. The crowd responds to something they can recognize, regardless of whether they like it or not (granted, no one other than old school punk fans would recognize mine, but I'm willing to live with that).

I don't know what to make of that. Better, maybe? Maybe?

You can borrow my walk out music if you want:

The trick to good walk out music is to have a very recognizable intro. The crowd responds to something they can recognize, regardless of whether they like it or not (granted, no one other than old school punk fans would recognize mine, but I'm willing to live with that).

I love my hip hop soo have thought about tupac and dmx songs as options. Your song is very catchy dude :) I actually like it, not sure if it's something i'd walkout to tho. That's why i picked Ben e King cause I thought everyone would recognize it haha.

Back