Had my first amateur fight lastnight

mma sharingan

Blazed Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Had a lot of fun last night competing in my first amateur kickboxing bout (no knees to the head) I left it all in the ring but my opponent was the better man and finished me in the 3rd.

I've been training since January and know I've got along way to go. Thought i'd share this with my Sherbros.

Enjoy guys.
P.s I'm the guy walking out to Ben E King - Stand by me

Last edited:
Gritty fight man. Would be closer if you condition your boxing more in my opinion.

Gritty fight man. Would be closer if you condition your boxing more in my opinion.
thanks man, felt my conditioning was the downfall in the end, on had a minute left in the fight, it was a crazy experience, but I enjoyed it. cheers for the feed back.

thanks man, felt my conditioning was the downfall in the end, on had a minute left in the fight, it was a crazy experience, but I enjoyed it. cheers for the feed back.

Yeah your punches kind of slowed down rather quickly in the fight. Perhaps fight gitters.

But gritty man. Keep it up.

Body shots are killer, no shame going down to one esp. after a fight like that.

Congrats on getting more experience.

I've nothing but respect for you. You left it all in the ring. Good fight and I hope you do better next time! That liver shot had to hurt like hell!

Yeah your punches kind of slowed down rather quickly in the fight. Perhaps fight gitters.

But gritty man. Keep it up.
yeah had a bit of gitters walking out, had the crowd on my side and really didn't wanna let them down, left it all out there and can't be disapointed with the result.

Body shots are killer, no shame going down to one esp. after a fight like that.

Congrats on getting more experience.
for sure man, his right hand had me seeing stars the first two rounds but i don't think he picked up on it. For sure, never been hit like that before while being that tired, was a great shot.

I've nothing but respect for you. You left it all in the ring. Good fight and I hope you do better next time! That liver shot had to hurt like hell!
thank you sir, appreciate the support, and for sure, i'll upload my next one in 5 weeks. haha yeah man it was a stinger, my body shutdown on me after that.

Name of ring girl in red and her IG please

Good stuff TS, given you've been training for 6 months, you're pretty decent for a first fight. You retaliate somewhat well and have good aggression which is something newer fighters tend be a bit slow on, so thats a plus. Only main issue I see is when you press on your opponent, then after a combo, you ease up and step back. That's fine if he's shooting back with something heavy, but you should always aim to press forward. Not sure what the org. your fight was sanctioned under, but most orgs. (esp. in America) usually have ring control as 1/3 criterias.

When you get interrupted, I know its tough, but you need to finish what you start, you can't bail on something if it gets countered/interrupted.

You were actually better at clinching than your opponent was, have more confidence in it, if he's not responding after a knee strike, continue hammering it out.

Good fight regardless, if you have good coach, they'll work on your sticking points and get you up to par for your next fight. How has your conditioning been going? Have you been training rounds matching your event? A mistake some guys make is assuming that doing say 5min rounds for a 3x2min fight will be better because its more. That's not the case, what happens from that is guys will end up conditioned to pace themselves over a 5min round, and the intensity of a 2min round will wipe them out. If you haven't been doing this, then ignore that part.

I would love to fight for an org. that has no headgear for their first/novice fights.

Name of ring girl in red and her IG please

Good stuff TS, given you've been training for 6 months, you're pretty decent for a first fight. You retaliate somewhat well and have good aggression which is something newer fighters tend be a bit slow on, so thats a plus. Only main issue I see is when you press on your opponent, then after a combo, you ease up and step back. That's fine if he's shooting back with something heavy, but you should always aim to press forward. Not sure what the org. your fight was sanctioned under, but most orgs. (esp. in America) usually have ring control as 1/3 criterias.

When you get interrupted, I know its tough, but you need to finish what you start, you can't bail on something if it gets countered/interrupted.

You were actually better at clinching than your opponent was, have more confidence in it, if he's not responding after a knee strike, continue hammering it out.

Good fight regardless, if you have good coach, they'll work on your sticking points and get you up to par for your next fight. How has your conditioning been going? Have you been training rounds matching your event? A mistake some guys make is assuming that doing say 5min rounds for a 3x2min fight will be better because its more. That's not the case, what happens from that is guys will end up conditioned to pace themselves over a 5min round, and the intensity of a 2min round will wipe them out. If you haven't been doing this, then ignore that part.

I would love to fight for an org. that has no headgear for their first/novice fights.
Cheers man, great feedback, appreciate it a lot sir. Yes 6months training with intention to compete in my mind, my opponent was a lot more experienced than me, had his first fight at 16, that was his 3rd fight but he's been training along time, soo I was honoured to have a back and forth bout with him.

We're sanctioned under WKA I believe and my coach is great, he has a sherdog page ;) but it doesn't show his muay thai record. The rules for this bout was much like Glory except no knees to the head, yes i do agree i was doing well with the clinch, but considering the rules it was 1 strike then release. My whole 6 months training I haven't wore headgear, to me it creates a false perception of taking a shot during sparring. For my conditioning I done a lot of 2minute wars with my teammates...we do this thing called the 'shark tank' where I spar for 8 minutes straight against 4 different people for 2 minutes each, after many of those i felt my conditioning was on a good level. Also unsure about the ringgirl my friend haahahah

Had a lot of fun last night competing in my first amateur kickboxing bout (no knees to the head) I left it all in the ring but my opponent was the better man and finished me in the 3rd.

I've been training since January and know I've got along way to go. Thought i'd share this with my Sherbros.

Enjoy guys.
P.s I'm the guy walking out to Ben E King - Stand by me

You murked that guy

Good fight, my friend. Lots of people talk about stepping in the ring but never do so. Take this experience and come back better then next time for the win.

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

What a fight. You may have won with better conditioning.

The Red ring girl though

350x700px-LL-74b5894b_Dat_ass.jpeg

Back