Gym Idiots v10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was the gym idiot today, got a little too careless after snatching and ya....

skip to about 35 seconds in

no straight thing was ever made
4.jpg

I was the gym idiot today, got a little too careless after snatching and ya....

skip to about 35 seconds in

Should have squatted it for a few reps to make it look like it was intentional to any bystanders who might have been laughing at you.

I girl told these guys to front squat with their arms crossed and the bar in their elbows. I corrected her. The guys actually had a decent front rack position (from what little I know about front squatting, their upper back was not rounding FWIW).

Today at physio I overheard one physiotherapist (relatively new) mention that she was competing in the CrossFit Open. When she left, I asked mine what she thought and apparently there have been some 'heated discussions' in the office. Also, a 3rd physiotherapist said he would stop treating her for her CrossFit injuries. To be a professional at fixing injuries and still participate in CrossFit is just mind-blowing to me.

That's like a pacifist becoming a Navy Seal

People were actually throwing two and a half, five, 10 pound weights within the building,

Was convinced you were gonna sock yourself in the face with the bar. Dont know whether what happened was worse or not. Good thing you're alright!(?)

Some hipster was doing cross body kettlebells presses while laying on a yoga ball. He had his towel over his lap for who knows what reason. I thought he had all the ingredients of a great exercise covered until he tried to do it with one leg raised, rolled off on top of some loose gym equipment and threw the kettlebells around trying to catch himself.

How I managed not to laugh at him out loud I don't know.

I hate people who do circuits at a commercial gym with a passion. They hog up like 5 different spots and they come running in from the other side of the room screaming they were using it

I hate people who do circuits at a commercial gym with a passion. They hog up like 5 different spots and they come running in from the other side of the room screaming they were using it

We can call these people 'pretenders'. I've posted about two women that do it in my gym. Strut around like they're badass, with their 10kg barbell complex followed by 5 half assed burpees, then step ups and all that bullshit.
These people suck, if you want to do circuits, go to a circuit class and run around like that.
We do a circuit class EVERY DAY except saturdays, 3-4 classes a day in a massive hall, with lots of arty farty equipment.
So why come into the gym, clog up 5 machines, do some bollocks routine with no progression, or technique and then walk out like they just owned it.

Should have squatted it for a few reps to make it look like it was intentional to any bystanders who might have been laughing at you.
Thankfully this happened in my basement lol I can't even imagine the reaction had this been in my usual gym. I probably should have just dropped the bar but I was so shocked the only thing going through my head was "Ohhhh shiiiiittttt".

After it happened my hands and wrists were pretty sore, everything seems to be fine now so no real damage done. I had such a good laugh watching the video that I thought "awww this is perfect for the gym idiots thread" lol.

Thankfully this happened in my basement lol I can't even imagine the reaction had this been in my usual gym. I probably should have just dropped the bar but I was so shocked the only thing going through my head was "Ohhhh shiiiiittttt".

After it happened my hands and wrists were pretty sore, everything seems to be fine now so no real damage done. I had such a good laugh watching the video that I thought "awww this is perfect for the gym idiots thread" lol.

i respect your ability to laugh at yourself. When it comes to the gym, so many people want to pretend they never fuck up.

I enjoyed the laugh and am glad you didn't get hurt.

This. I also hate people who jump rope between sets in the middle of the tiny ass free weights area, barely any room to deadlift/row and then you have to hug the walls to get around them.

Looked gnarly, glad you're ok. If it went a bit differently, the only faster way to amputate both arms would involve a chainsaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back