Gym Idiots v10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol to my Facebook, no way. I'll maybe upload them to YouTube and start posting them here when I unlazy myself

Then don't post about having videos if you don't upload them to youtube. I don't even know who uses Facebook videos haha.

Then don't post about having videos if you don't upload them to youtube. I don't even know who uses Facebook videos haha.

I don't have a YouTube account, I should probably make one so I can upload them haha.

-Two guys do pulldowns with their legs over the leg-restraint pad, putting their feet up against the machine. So of course once they start going up in weight the bar pulls them up off the seat. They usually fight it for a set or two. Then the other guy will press down on the shoulders of the guy doing reps...Why not just use the leg-restraint pad?

I see so many people on the pulldown station at the gym who have absolutely no idea what they are doing, and I worry for them, especially all the middle aged women. They half stand instead of sit, they don't have it adjusted properly, the cable pulls them out of their seat, they jump when they pull, it's wild, I don't think I've ever seen someone use it properly who I haven't shown how to do so, and I don't even use the thing.

First timer for getting angry at someone quarter squatting. Like I said before I just really started lifting, and I had worked my way up to tripling 265. Saw this dude yesterday "squat" 225-315 in the rack beside me. Pissed me off, so I said screw it put 275 on and doubled it ass to grass. Made me feel boss, and him look like an idiot.

I see so many people on the pulldown station at the gym who have absolutely no idea what they are doing, and I worry for them, especially all the middle aged women. They half stand instead of sit, they don't have it adjusted properly, the cable pulls them out of their seat, they jump when they pull, it's wild, I don't think I've ever seen someone use it properly who I haven't shown how to do so, and I don't even use the thing.

I used the pulldown machine for the first time in years today. What are the advantages of a wide grip vs narrow.

I used the pulldown machine for the first time in years today. What are the advantages of a wide grip vs narrow.

Hittin' yo back at different angles, bra. All abow dem angles, fo' full development, ya feel me?

I've been seeing a lot of behind the head lat pull downs done recently. So stupid.

First timer for getting angry at someone quarter squatting. Like I said before I just really started lifting, and I had worked my way up to tripling 265. Saw this dude yesterday "squat" 225-315 in the rack beside me. Pissed me off, so I said screw it put 275 on and doubled it ass to grass. Made me feel boss, and him look like an idiot.

I'm sure your beastly double at 275 had panties dropping for miles around.

Last edited:
I've been seeing a lot of behind the head lat pull downs done recently. So stupid.

I thought that at one point. But my opinion is if someone has done them for years with no issues, and have seen results, then no worries. In fact, many pro bodybuilders and strength athletes will still practise this technique.
But when it's some random person, who clearly doesn't know what they're doing, then yeah I don't see the point. They're not doing it for some bio mechanical advantage, to put specific enphasis on a particular part of the back, then they're likely putting their rotator cuff at risk, for no other reason than not actually knowing why they're doing it behind the head to begin with. Plus most people cant even do a regular pulldown without fucking that up.

Ive lifted for years and never seen this, some kid with a 30 pound barbell would lunge forward and inthat position did a curl. Back up lunge again then curl. Shit like that I just cant stand the gym. Also cable curls on a bosu ball.

Ive lifted for years and never seen this, some kid with a 30 pound barbell would lunge forward and inthat position did a curl. Back up lunge again then curl. Shit like that I just cant stand the gym. Also cable curls on a bosu ball.

You just don't understand functionnality

Am I the idiot for thinking this is a gym idiot statement or is this an idiotic statement? Saw this on my Facebook from a guy I went to high school who is now a "trainer"

"Hey people, if you live in Red Deer and have at least 8-10 pounds to lose and want to lose it in 14 days then send me a private message and ask me about our Fit Body Boot Camp 14 Day Fat Furnace program that starts on Monday."

10 pounds in 2 weeks seems pretty unrealistic.

Well there's your main problem.

Well there's your main problem.

71500-laughing-lizard-gif-hehehe-YltH.jpeg

What a jerk comment. I like it.

You squatted 275lb for a double and it made you feel like a boss?

I really hope you weigh below 150lb or something.

You squatted 275lb for a double and it made you feel like a boss?

I really hope you weigh below 150lb or something.

I can see how it can make you feel like a boss, if you're in a commercial gym where all people do is quarter squats on a smith machine with the sissy pad and the bar loaded with 200 lbs or less.

I'm sure no one else was invested in it enough to really care what you did.

He probably didn't even notice, and neither did anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back