Gustafsson vs the winner of Stipe/DC? Make it happen Dana

Past their prime JDS HUNT and Werdum.

Gus lands on stipe I know that much.

You're doing two things here. Underestimating fuses striking and overrating stipes. Stipe's only chance to win is wrestling and if D.C. couldn't hold Gus down Stipe damn sure won't!
When Stipe beat Werdum, Werdum was looking the best he had in years and was dominating everyone leading up to that fight. Funny how Stipe beats him and all of a sudden he's past his prime. Even today how many current HW's are going to beat him?

I'll give you Hunt, the guy is hit or miss in all of his fights. But every time JDS loses he's past his prime and if he wins he's looking unstoppable. Many people out there were picking JDS to beat Stipe, but nah, Stipe wins and JDS just isn't good anymore.

I don't get why people still have a hard time giving Stipe his due. The dude finishes the majority of his fights and is one of the best HW's we've seen in a long time. However, for some reason, he's always underrated and looked over by people.

If Gus wants to fight for the heavyweight title he should fight on the same card as DC at heavyweight. Cain or Werdum sounds good.

Past their prime JDS HUNT and Werdum.

Gus lands on stipe I know that much.

You're doing two things here. Underestimating fuses striking and overrating stipes. Stipe's only chance to win is wrestling and if D.C. couldn't hold Gus down Stipe damn sure won't!
Stipe outclasses and finishes Gustafsson standing up. Likely in the first round.

If you can't survive rumble, you can't survive Stipe. Stipe is much more skilled, larger and likely harder hitting than Rumble.

Gus doesn't belong in the same octagon with Stipe. If the UFC is dumb enough to ever book this fight he will find that out too.

When Stipe beat Werdum, Werdum was looking the best he had in years and was dominating everyone leading up to that fight. Funny how Stipe beats him and all of a sudden he's past his prime. Even today how many current HW's are going to beat him?

I'll give you Hunt, the guy is hit or miss in all of his fights. But every time JDS loses he's past his prime and if he wins he's looking unstoppable. Many people out there were picking JDS to beat Stipe, but nah, Stipe wins and JDS just isn't good anymore.

I don't get why people still have a hard time giving Stipe his due. The dude finishes the majority of his fights and is one of the best HW's we've seen in a long time. However, for some reason, he's always underrated and looked over by people.
I think you meant to say past his prime werdum is the best he ever looked coming off a victory over an aging Cain Velasquez who sat out for two years, and a bunch of old washed up heavyweights, lmfao nice argument but heavyweight is the least impressive division EVER! Like I said have him beat viable completion then talk about how great he is.

Werdum from 2011 would submit stipe quickly!

Stipe outclasses and finishes Gustafsson standing up. Likely in the first round.

If you can't survive rumble, you can't survive Stipe. Stipe is much more skilled, larger and likely harder hitting than Rumble.
Rumble would KO stipe stiff. Stipe is only 240. Rumble is bigger and stronger at heavyweight and hits a lot harder...

Yeah, I'm down for that. Miocic is really good, obviously, but he's been beaten before by worse fighters than Gustafsson. Who knows how much increased power Gustafsson would have with more weight on his frame? He'd also have a legitimate speed advantage against Miocic. We already know he has a better gas tank.

I'd also like to see Gustafsson vs Cormier II but at HW this time. Honestly, I like the idea of Gustafsson moving up.

Anyone know if he could make 185? He always looks a bit soft coming in at LHW.
I see stipe getting beat by the younger faster more skilled and naturally gifted man.

Rumble would KO stipe stiff. Stipe is only 240. Rumble is bigger and stronger at heavyweight and hits a lot harder...
Stipe is bigger (taller, bigger reach, lean weight), almost certainly stronger, almost certainly hits harder, is a WAY better boxer and WAY better wrestler.

Stipe is bigger (taller, bigger reach, lean weight), almost certainly stronger, almost certainly hits harder, is a WAY better boxer and WAY better wrestler.
Are you implying Anthony Johnson isn't as lean as stipe at heavyweight? Have you seen him? He looks like the hulk. If anything stipe has a big frame but he's got those flat muscles with no cuts.

He certainly doesn't hit as hard as AJ that's ridiculous. AJ Probably hits the hardest out of anyone in the UFC.

He'd run through stipe if he caught him and fallowed up.

Last edited:
So what? He's not more athletic than Johnson. Miocic is a typical wrestle-boxer. He doesn't have as much power as Johnson either, not even close.

Miocic has improved, obviously, but he's still relatively chinny & doesn't have some world beater skillset. The division he fights in is absolutely putrid.
I don't see how you can say Stipe has more power in his hands than Anthony Johnson. As someone who's watched them both that's absolutely false.

So what? He's not more athletic than Johnson. Miocic is a typical wrestle-boxer. He doesn't have as much power as Johnson either, not even close.

Miocic has improved, obviously, but he's still relatively chinny & doesn't have some world beater skillset. The division he fights in is absolutely putrid.
He's absolutely more athletic it's actually silly to say Anthony is more athletic. And even that doesn't matter lol he's flat out better at everything. Everything. And to say the greatest heavyweight MMA fighter of all time doesn't have a world beater skill set is ultra dumb, he literally has the best title reign the world has ever seen lol.
I don't see how you can say Stipe has more power in his hands than Anthony Johnson. As someone who's watched them both that's absolutely false.
Stipe has the best boxing by far out of both divisions. Rumble throws winging shots. He's got a decent uppercut but even that can be seen coming from a mile away. He throws his entire body into round shots. Stipe is a MUCH more skilled boxer, much more pinpoint and accurate technician. He hits very, very hard and would outclass Anthony standing with no problems at all, similar to how he did Francis

Gustafsson has no doubt earned the next light heavyweight title shot after beating Glover. Why not have the winner of DC and Stipe fight Gustafsson for the title? Gus is a tough fight for both DC and Stipe.

Gustafsson has good counter wrestling and DC and Stipe would struggle to take him down and hold him down.

I’m not convinced that Stipe has fought the best guys . You can’t really say that Stipe has been tested . Gustafsson has been tested and fought tougher guys

Stipe has KO'd Werdum, Overeem, Hunt, Dos Santos, and Arlovski. All 5 of those guys are top 20 all time HW's.

Gus only has two top 10 wins: Glover and Shogun, all while being overrsized for the division. His best claim to fame is having close, but decisive fights with Jones and DC.

Raw power as in hitting a punching machine ala Ngannou? Who knows.

All I know is Stipe fights at HW and is KOing everyone. Johnson may very well have more raw power, but Stipe has shown he can utilize his power better

I think you meant to say past his prime werdum is the best he ever looked coming off a victory over an aging Cain Velasquez who sat out for two years, and a bunch of old washed up heavyweights, lmfao nice argument but heavyweight is the least impressive division EVER! Like I said have him beat viable completion then talk about how great he is.

Werdum from 2011 would submit stipe quickly!

What a surprise, a guy with Jones in his profile making ludicrous excuses.

Back