Gustafsson vs the winner of Stipe/DC? Make it happen Dana

AnthonyrumbleJoshua

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Gustafsson has no doubt earned the next light heavyweight title shot after beating Glover. Why not have the winner of DC and Stipe fight Gustafsson for the title? Gus is a tough fight for both DC and Stipe.

Gustafsson has good counter wrestling and DC and Stipe would struggle to take him down and hold him down.

I’m not convinced that Stipe has fought the best guys . You can’t really say that Stipe has been tested . Gustafsson has been tested and fought tougher guys

Stipe will own all these guys period, let's fucking stop. Best striking out of all these guys (easily) with D1 wrestling.

After the D.C. fight, no one else is moving up from to fight Stipe. Not even jones

Gus has 2 wins in the last 3 years and you think he has earned a title shot in a heavier division?

What? Just so legitimate HW contenders like Werdum can be pushed to the side again?

If Gus wants to go up to Heavyweight, let him welcome back UberRumble....

Last edited:
Stipe will own all these guys period, let's fucking stop. Best striking out of all these guys (easily) with D1 wrestling.

After the D.C. fight, no one else is moving up from to fight Stipe. Not even jones
D1 wrestling <<<<<<<<<<<< placing 6th in the olympics or even making the Olympic team. Stipe will look like nothing.

Last edited:
D1 wrestling >>>>>>>> than placing 6th in the olympics or even making the Olympic team. Stipe will look like nothing.
There are two guys on DC's record with better wrestling credentials than Stipe: Dan Henderson and Pat Cummins. Stipe's wrestling pedigree is better than anyone else DC has ever fought.
DC couldn't even hold down Gustafsson who has nooooo wrestling background. Had nothing for jones and he was JUCO. And stipe is a HEAVYWEIGHT.

And the striking skill gap between D.C. and stipe is even bigger than the wrestling gap. Sorry, gonna be a clubbing of a fight. D.C. is gonna be the baby seal

Getting a little sick of Gus and his fans. Gus calling out fighters after they are already booked or are not active. The guy fights once or twice a year and his claim to fame is almost beating Jon.

Gus, more Frankie, less Conor.

There are two guys on DC's record with better wrestling credentials than Stipe: Dan Henderson and Pat Cummins. Stipe's wrestling pedigree is better than anyone else DC has ever fought.
DC couldn't even hold down Gustafsson who has nooooo wrestling background. Had nothing for jones and he was JUCO. And stipe is a HEAVYWEIGHT.

And the striking skill gap between D.C. and stipe is even bigger than the wrestling gap. Sorry, gonna be a clubbing of a fight. D.C. is gonna be the baby seal
Of course he had nothing for Jones because Jones' talent is unnatural and he's probably the smartest most tricky and cunning MMA fighter to date. Especially when it comes to take downs throws and clench game which is where most of his natural talent is displayed. D.C. Through an Olympic level wrestler in Dan Henderson around although he was aged it was a weakened 205 lb DC. DC At heavyweight is much more ferocious/strong and will likely be able to match if not overpower stipe. And don't underestimated DC's boxing, DC has some of the best hands in lightheavyweight/heavyweight and if he had stayed in the heavyweight division we'd be singing all different tune.

did he say hes coming back?
dana-money.jpg

I'm sure Rumble would listen.....

Of course he had nothing for Jones because Jones' talent is unnatural and he's probably the smartest most tricky and cunning MMA fighter to date. Especially when it comes to take downs throws and clench game which is where most of his natural talent is displayed. D.C. Through an Olympic level wrestler in Dan Henderson around although he was aged it was a weakened 205 lb DC. DC At heavyweight is much more ferocious/strong and will likely be able to match if not overpower stipe. And don't underestimated DC's boxing, DC has some of the best hands in lightheavyweight/heavyweight and if he had stayed in the heavyweight division we'd be singing all different tune.
I think if he stayed at heavyweight he would have never been a ufc champion.

But I'm excited for the fight either way.

What? Just so legitimate HW contenders like Werdum can be pushed to the side again?

If he wants to go up to Heavyweight, let him welcome back UberRumble....

Stipe walked through Ngannou, Rumble got nothin.

Gus peaked when he beat Jones. Why do you want to see him get hurt now?

DC v Stipe is going to be a good fight. No idea who takes it.

Not even Jones? You mean “Especially not Jones”. Jones has had 0 plans of ever going to HW and should have 0 plans of even fighting at LHW anytime soon.

Reward him with the WINNER of the LHW vs HW champion superfight? After having fought only once in 2017, last May (if i recall) against Teixeira? If he was injured then he needs at least a tune-up fight. If he wasn't, then he definitely has to fight AND win impressively, even if there are no other contenders. Very good fighter but very inactive lately.

I'm not going to agree that the guy who has beat JDS, Hunt, and Werdum is going to be tested by Gustaffson.

Gustafsson has no doubt earned the next light heavyweight title shot after beating Glover. Why not have the winner of DC and Stipe fight Gustafsson for the title? Gus is a tough fight for both DC and Stipe.

Gustafsson has good counter wrestling and DC and Stipe would struggle to take him down and hold him down.

I’m not convinced that Stipe has fought the best guys . You can’t really say that Stipe has been tested . Gustafsson has been tested and fought tougher guys
Gustafsson is 3-2 since he fought Jones. A couple of fights ago, he was brained by Rumble. How has he "earned" a title shot.

Come on man. Jones is 3-0-1 since he fought Gus and he has been suspended twice and on and off probation in that time.

I'm confused by your premise. If you're arguing that Gustafsson should get the next LHW title shot, why even bring up Stipe? He has nothing to do with the division. DC retains the LHW belt regardless of whether he wins or loses against Miocic.

I'm not going to agree that the guy who has beat JDS, Hunt, and Werdum is going to be tested by Gustaffson.
Past their prime JDS HUNT and Werdum.

Gus lands on stipe I know that much.

You're doing two things here. Underestimating fuses striking and overrating stipes. Stipe's only chance to win is wrestling and if D.C. couldn't hold Gus down Stipe damn sure won't!

Past their prime JDS HUNT and Werdum.

Gus lands on stipe I know that much.

You're doing two things here. Underestimating fuses striking and overrating stipes. Stipe's only chance to win is wrestling and if D.C. couldn't hold Gus down Stipe damn sure won't!
Stipe beat Werdum less than a year after Werdum took the title from a guy many people were calling the greatest HW ever, and he beat Hunt less than a year after Hunt became only the second guy to KO Nelson. Who has Gus beaten recently that measures up to Stipe?

Back