Gustafsson punches lighter than Bisping...

Embarrassing. Not only for Gus, but for all of Sweden.

Seriously though. I'm not really surprised.

A tall, lengthy person like Jones or Gus probably scores lower on these types of machines when you are throwing hooks, loops etc. Having wide hips, and a lower point of gravity gives alot of torque.

In a fight where these fix conditions don't exist the result would probably be different. With that said people like Cormier or Volkan will always have more maximum knockout power than rangly dudes. But I'm pretty sure people like Gus have more powerful straight punches than the shorter guys.

Anderson will always have a harder jab than Boetsch, but Boetsch will always have more powerful uppercuts etc.

LHW are small HW. Cain is a small HW. If you remember he didn't have as much power, but his volume was insane. Also, fighters hit harder, the more weight they go up. Alex would still be able to hang at HW given the time.

LHW are small HW. Cain is a small HW. If you remember he didn't have as much power, but his volume was insane. Also, fighters hit harder, the more weight they go up. Alex would still be able to hang at HW given the time.
Cain actually beat Evander Holyfield on one of those machines, tho I'm not sure how much that it really means.

And as a bonus, I just saw this piece of footage which I am shocked I have not seen before - Cain doing a Showtime-esque punch with Conor holding (McG looks shook, like Cain was going to fall on him - def Shoop worthy).

I hit one of those machines so hard in college I broke it. And by it I mean my hand. I completely missed the bag. Drunk ass hell. The worst pain I've ever felt the next morning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back