Gustafsson: 'I know he bleeds'

Gustaffson is not the man to beat Jon Jones, he will come short, like he always does

jonjones1.jpg

55071.3.jpg

Delusional, that doesn't make any sense. If Gus beats Jones, he's certainly AT LEAST on his level. First of all, Jones has very likely been cheating his entire career, post USADA he's 1-0-1 and in his only win, against OSP, he didn't looked very good. Terrible, some would say.
You are talking like Gus clearly lost to DC, when that's not true either, it was very close, and it was Gus who had DC very hurt and almost finished him, a second fight could be different, for sure. Let's not forget Jones didn't finished DC in the first fight too.
The Davis loss is there, sure, but that was a totally different Gus, who improved a lot since.
Rumble loss? Happened, but no one knows how much that headbutt affected the fight.

At the end of the day, that fights will decide it. Does Gus have what it takes to be considered a championship-level fighter? If he wins, he absolutely does. Period.

What are you talking about ?
When serra beated GSP, he was at his level ? MMA is a science, but sometime, the better fighter loses. There are sometimes fluked KO, fihgters can make mistakes etc. And BTW, how can you say 2 fighters are at the same level ?

As much as I’d like to see Gus win I really think Jones takes this

DC beating Gus and losing to Jones means nothing, because Jones and DC have such different styles.

It does mean something though in context of my post, where the main point was Gus not being Jones' equal even if he beats him and makes it 1-1. As in: Jones hasn't shown any weakness really, over the course of his career, whereas Gus has lost multiple times and never was able to take that last step.

And no, Jones-Hamill doesn't count, obviously.

What are you talking about ?
When serra beated GSP, he was at his level ? MMA is a science, but sometime, the better fighter loses. There are sometimes fluked KO, fihgters can make mistakes etc. And BTW, how can you say 2 fighters are at the same level ?
They already had a really close fight once, if Gus decisively wins this time, he's at Jones level. With Serra is very different because Serra had a very weak resume when compared to GSP's. Gus is at least top 5, if not top 3 LHWs and has been at the top for like 6 years. Also, no such thing as fluke KOs at the top lv of the game.

It does mean something though in context of my post, where the main point was Gus not being Jones' equal even if he beats him and makes it 1-1. As in: Jones hasn't shown any weakness really, over the course of his career, whereas Gus has lost multiple times and never was able to take that last step.

And no, Jones-Hamill doesn't count, obviously.

I think Jones had trouble with Gus' reach. Jon has enjoyed a big reach advantage against most of his opponents, and he uses his reach well. I don't buy this "Jon didn't take the fight seriously" bullshit. We've seen fighters make that excuse before, and they've almost always lost the rematch.

Gus is a better fighter now, and I don't think Jones has improved much since fighting Gus. If Jones is off the juice, or even reduced his juice intake, he's in for a rough night.

I think Jones had trouble with Gus' reach. Jon has enjoyed a big reach advantage against most of his opponents, and he uses his reach well. I don't buy this "Jon didn't take the fight seriously" bullshit. We've seen fighters make that excuse before, and they've almost always lost the rematch.

Gus is a better fighter now, and I don't think Jones has improved much since fighting Gus. If Jones is off the juice, or even reduced his juice intake, he's in for a rough night.

Dunno if Gus is a better fighter now. He's 3-2 since losing vs Jones, and the Blachowitch fight wasn't very impressive. No shame in losing vs DC or AJ, but I don't see that he's an improved fighter as such.

No shit he bleeds...question is if anybody can beat Jones.

And the only thing Hamil beat up was Jones elbows using his face.

People overlook that fight because Jones took down an amazing wrestler in Hamil, held him down and brutalized him until he bitched he couldn't see or feel anything in his face while Jones used 1 or 2 illegal elbows that we all know he didnt have or mean to do

Last edited:
Dunno if Gus is a better fighter now. He's 3-2 since losing vs Jones, and the Blachowitch fight wasn't very impressive. No shame in losing vs DC or AJ, but I don't see that he's an improved fighter as such.

The AJ fight shouldn't count against Gus. It was very clearly a headbutt that rocked Gustafsson. The followup punches were just academic.

I thought DC clearly beat Gus, despite the split-decision. But again, styles make fights. Jones has a better style against DC, and Gus has a better style against Jones.

If Jones shows up clean, Gustaffson beats the **** out of him. That's the only thing that would make this whole mess tolerable.

The question is, how much did the trace amounts of turinobol they found, help him...I suspect very very little if any...trace amounts will not help you athletically...

hammil never beat jones...sorry but winning by DQ isn't beating jones...hammil needed the ref to scrape jones off of him ..hammil was laying there half dead...is that someone you say beat jones? dude, jones is undefeated inside the cage...fact...I'm not talking about bullshit ref decisions..I'm talking about the actual fight itself...the fight wasn't even remotely competitive...so how did hammil win?

I felt like Jones didn't really take him seriously. It's easy to say that but it for sure seemed it. The only thing they kept repeating is that his reach is similar. I'm sure this fight will be different, in that Jones will win more decisively. His fight IQ is much better IMO and has more tools.

The question is, how much did the trace amounts of turinobol they found, help him...I suspect very very little if any...trace amounts will not help you athletically...
Fun fact: A person will drive drunk an average of 80 times before they're caught once. That might tell you about whether Jones, who has failed multiple drug tests, actually was on "trace amounts" of turinabol and nothing else.

Back