Gunnar Nelson's Facebook post after his loss

meh. the eyepoke obviously wasnt that bad otherwise he would have complained. the nobody smoked him.

meme-tears-darkwing.jpg
No tears here. I don't care about Gunnar and neither do you, the only reason you're hating on him is his association with McGregor hence my reply.
Speaking of tears, you must be standing in a puddle after the last couple of years.

Gunnar barely reacted after the poke then got KO'd and wants to cry about it? Fuck him. I pokes are a foul and he could have signalled that it happened and taken his due time. He's fucked up, it happens. At least he knows where he went wrong in this one and it's not a training issue.
That's not true at all... fighters have no power to pause the fight. The ref will have to see it for him to stop the action

I'm sold, I thought that eye poke was baloney due to Gunni not reacting the way people usually do when eye poked, oh boy...

problem is that he didn't even complain about the eyepoke in the fight, so.....

Nah he legit got eye poked, but he chose to fight on and obviously it was a big mistake. No one to blame but himself.

The fighters are not allowed to stop the fight. The referee has to see the poke and stop it himself. Gunni talking about having a option to stop the fight is BS for all I know. Someone correct me if im wrong

It was an accident. It happens. In this case it happened as Gunnar tagged him and Ponz was trying to defend.

It didnt seem to be a bad one though. Still sucks.

I don't see a way of solving such problems though without using different gloves.

The fighters are not allowed to stop the fight. The referee has to see the poke and stop it himself. Gunni talking about having a option to stop the fight is BS for all I know. Someone correct me if im wrong
You are right. But sometimes if the fighter has a strong reaction to an eyepoke and signals the ref it can get the ref to interrupt the fight.

Anderson-Bisping though showed that banking on that can be dangerous.

Classy as always, for those of you who clowned him for bringing up the eye poke:

20156028_10211267175890138_6658107397321646683_n.jpg

Btw I don't think that Ponzi did it intentionally, but an eye poke that deep will definitely screw with your vision.

Classy as always, for those of you who clowned him for bringing up the eye poke:

20156028_10211267175890138_6658107397321646683_n.jpg

Btw I don't think that Ponzi did it intentionally, but an eye poke that deep will definitely screw with your vision.

GODDAMNMOTHERFUKNBULLSHIT UFC AND REFS...............THEY ENABLE THIS DANGEROUS FOUL. TOO OFTEN THE CHEATER GETS A WIN BECAUSE OF THIS. THE UFC AND COWARDLY REFS ENABLE BY NOT PUNISHING............FUKEM FUKEM AND FUKEM AGAIN

Typically even if a ref misses the eye poke, a fighter can signal to the ref that he was poked in the eye and the ref will call time. I've seen it happen many, many times.

GODDAMNMOTHERFUKNBULLSHIT UFC AND REFS...............THEY ENABLE THIS DANGEROUS FOUL. TOO OFTEN THE CHEATER GETS A WIN BECAUSE OF THIS. THE UFC AND COWARDLY REFS ENABLE BY NOT PUNISHING............FUKEM FUKEM AND FUKEM AGAIN

<escalate99>

Eye poke even if one can only see after the match like in this case should lead to disqualification and eyepoker has to give away his purse to the victim! It happens far to often in MMA!

Eye poke even if one can only see after the match like in this case should lead to disqualification and eyepoker has to give away his purse to the victim! It happens far to often in MMA!

Amen Brother

The world is filled with low IQ high school dropouts like you. Ironically, they are too stupid to realize their predicament and just continue to display it proudly, like a badge of honor (more like a mentally challenged individual wearing a dunce cap and thinking they are a wizard).

Could give 2 shits about Nelson. Don't like McGregaylord. Unfortunately, your whole profile screams douche. Confirmed after reading through this thread.

That's not true at all... fighters have no power to pause the fight. The ref will have to see it for him to stop the action
Refs typically respond to your reaction to what happens. When a fighter moves back and holds his eye the ref assumes they were poked. Other than Johnson diving on the mat clutching his face (which made it look like a TKO) the fighter usually gets the call. Can you think of a time where a fighter motioned that they were poked and the ref just said keep fighting?

should be turned into a DQ win for the SBG prospect imo
A dq lol

Gunni is whining like Weidman now lol

He still would have been slept.

To think you fools thought he could handle Woodleys or lawyers power lmao

That should show you idiots that think Conor could handle legit welterweight power

Back