GTA V eclipsed 75 million units sold globally; now the #1 bestselling game ever on PS4

Not surprised considering how many people play it online still.

I just checked the other day and I've logged 641 hours online alone although I quit playing it a few months ago.

Hopefully RDR2 will be just as epic and sell as many copies. I loved playing that online too.

I really enjoyed GTA4 for the single player (online was ok) but the story for single player was fun and interesting to see play out. 5 I was never able to get into.

I just just finished playing the story on 5 for the first time on my XB1. I have GTA IV for my 360, but never played it. I figuredd I would give it a shot as I had a blast with the GA V story.

I can get past the shittier graphics and dark setting, but the driving sucks a fat one. Unless you drive in 1st person mode (Which I hate for driving games) the camera doesn't follow the vehicle right when turning corners. I started playing Sleeping Dogs D.E. and imo it's WAY better than GTA IV.

I'm probably the biggest GTA V fanboy on sherdog. Kept the online thread afloat for years, 1500/1500 gamerscore. Over 87 days played online. Own pretty much everything including 2 yachts between both my online toons. Over 150 cars owned between both as well and 14 properties.

Purchased it twice on 360 and the One. So I contributed pretty well to that sales number.

So, needless to say I love this game. Giving it a break as it's finally getting super boring and I have a huge backlog but I do still get a hankering to go back. Maybe in another month or so.

I think its a masterpiece and deserves all the accolades and success it rightfully deserves.

Last edited:
I played this on the 360, and now I have a One. With my 360 on the fritz, I've been hankering to play this game again, but I just can't bring myself to buy a game twice.

giphy.gif

It's a pretty significant upgrade on next gen, and has a few extras that the old versions don't. If you ever were to buy a game twice, this would be the one.

I came close at one point when it was on sale for download for like 50% off. I just looked yesterday, and it's back at full price. I'll wait for another sale.

Another interesting question is where do they go from here? It's been 3 years and the longest Rockstar has gone between sequels was 5 years with GTA IV to GTA V (with EFLC in-between). That means they must already be working hard on the next game.

Personally, I'd like to see Liberty City again. Doing something completely different like going back to England or making it in China/Japan wouldn't work well imo for a full game.
Been curious about that as well. Maybe NorCal/Northern San Andreas with San Fierro + Las Venturas?

GTA V only includes the Southern portion of the state

Been curious about that as well. Maybe NorCal/Northern San Andreas with San Fierro + Las Venturas?

GTA V only includes the Southern portion of the state

Blaine County, Grapeseed, Chumash and Paleto Bay are all supposed to represent rural or north side Cali.

I want to see the next GTA in Japan or Asia. Lots of intrigue there and cool metropolis to explore and countryside with Pagodas, Lotus flowers and ancient relics.

Blaine County, Grapeseed, Chumash and Paleto Bay are all supposed to represent rural or north side Cali.

I want to see the next GTA in Japan or Asia. Lots of intrigue there and cool metropolis to explore and countryside with Pagodas, Lotus flowers and ancient relics.
The Chinese entertainment market is becoming too profitable. It's changing everything. I suspect that will dictate the next GTA.

They also have had a history of vibrant gangsterism. I'm expecting a GTA set in China for the next installment.

It's already been mentioned that what we get in V isn't the entire State, only the Southern portion

The Chinese entertainment market is becoming too profitable. It's changing everything. I suspect that will dictate the next GTA.

They also have had a history of vibrant gangsterism. I'm expecting a GTA set in China for the next installment.

My reasons for putting one in Asia wasn't monetary but that's a valid point.

I just like the locations potential and we've had a lot of GTA's in the US and a couple in London. Lets see the world. Plus, Yakuza would be an interesting twist.

My fave Forza is number 3 cause Australia is a great location. What thismade me realize is that I want to see the world. Not keep revisiting the same old same old rehash.

It's already been mentioned that what we get in V isn't the entire State, only the Southern portion

Sawce? Its pretty obvious the north part of thr map represents the western parts of USA. Mount Chilliad is like Mt. St. Helens. The great forest is like the forests in Oregan and North cali.

I played this on the 360, and now I have a One. With my 360 on the fritz, I've been hankering to play this game again, but I just can't bring myself to buy a game twice.

bought this on the 3 and played often until about a month ago. Now I'm upgrading and will buy this again. Looking forward to all the new content online.

Sawce? Its pretty obvious the north part of thr map represents the western parts of USA. Mount Chilliad is like Mt. St. Helens. The great forest is like the forests in Oregan and North cali.

"
  • It was confirmed through Rockstar that the present area the player can explore in GTA V is not the whole state of San Andreas, but just the southern island portion of it. This might explain the lack of a designated state capital. It is likely that the GTA equivalent of the areas south of Los Santos, including San Diego exist and are simply not depicted for gameplay purposes."

http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/State_of_San_Andreas_(HD_Universe)

Red County, Paleto County, Bone County, and San Fierro are also both mentioned in IV & V despite never being shown.

Well deserved.

One of the best things about GTA for me is the satirical view on American culture. I would be kinda sad if the step away from that.

I'd like to see their take on Florida personally. Seems like a whacky place. Vice City, swamps and Disney World. Sounds like a good time.

Hong Kong or Tokyo would be interesting.

I can't see them doing the Mid West cities like Chicago, Detroit, etc, and it'll be several more years before we ever return to Liberty City.

Well deserved.

One of the best things about GTA for me is the satirical view on American culture. I would be kinda sad if the step away from that.

I'd like to see their take on Florida personally. Seems like a whacky place. Vice City, swamps and Disney World. Sounds like a good time.
It's funny because "Vice City" historically referred to Las Vegas, not Miami. I don't think that became a thing until Miami Vice became such a huge hit in the 80's. Then the Sin City movie came out, and it seems to have set these synonyms in stone for American culture. Plus, we already got that state with...GTA: Vice City. I'm not sure I buy into those old rumors. It makes sense for a number of reasons, and we have precedent for overlap of settings with the Bay Area, essentially:
http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/42223/20141003/grand-theft-auto-6-vice-city.htm

It's certainly a bold prediction on my part considering the exclusively American history of the franchise so far.
Hong Kong or Tokyo would be interesting.

I can't see them doing the Mid West cities like Chicago, Detroit, etc, and it'll be several more years before we ever return to Liberty City.
Yeah, that seems like the ripest destination if they stay in America.

Detroit to Chicago is ~275 miles. It's pretty perfect.

first GTA title i havent touched

I've never played it but my kid plays it a lot.

Back