GSP's Professionalism was something to admire

You mean stupid shit like be best friends with a violent drug kingpin, and write a public letter of support for that guy when he was convicted?
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/6/2...ges-st-pierre-publicly-supports-canadian-drug

GSP and his 'nice guy' image was the biggest con in MMA history.

this is just some hipster contrarianism. This is fighting. You cannot hide who you really are in the cage,and GSP i think is a genuinely nice guy. If he did something you dont like (though i really doubt you care,and just made this post to piss people off) that is tough shit. Doesnt make him an asshole cos he doesnt live up to your standard of perfection.

this is just some hipster contrarianism. This is fighting. You cannot hide who you really are in the cage,and GSP i think is a genuinely nice guy. If he did something you dont like (though i really doubt you care,and just made this post to piss people off) that is tough shit. Doesnt make him an asshole cos he doesnt live up to your standard of perfection.
Made up? There is a link in my post, do you refute his association and public support of a violent drug gang?

I don't know what happened to society. Or maybe it's just me and my age, and what war does to a fellow. I long for the days when athletes were humble in victory and graceful in defeat. Now we have man children like MacGregor who acts like a fatherless 12 year old playground bully. I suspect the guys who like his schtick, probably grew up in the same sort of atmosphere, were bullies or were bullied.

To me, GSP was the last of the great sportsmen. He didn't have the flash but he certainly had the heat. He didn't have the killer instinct but he had a competitive edge that most likely forced him out, due to stress and fear of losing. I understood it. I really don't think he liked fighting, inflicting harm. He most likely just went with it from day one, because he was gifted at it, and continued because he was doing well. But then it got too much because of the fame, pressure and BS.

I dont see anything different from today than before. There was always the brash big talker who loudly and boldly claimed he was better than anyone else,and there were always also genuinely nice humble guys who were great ambassadors and not deep into controversy. Pick any era that doesnt have both. It doesnt exist. Your utopia is a sham and nothing is perfect. The things you dont like are simply more amplified by the increase in media of these times,but its always been there. I also think that there should be no uniform way to behave because thats boring,rules are made to be broken,and some traditions have to be trampled on in order to raise things and move to the next level. I like a Georges St Pierre AND a Conor Mcgregor. I like a Fedor Emelianenko as well as a Brock Lesnar. The contrasts and differences is what makes it really exciting.

Made up? There is a link in my post, do you refute his association and public support of a violent drug gang?
i meant you posted it ti piss people off,i know about the association and dont refute anything.I just dont care. I dont get outraged by every little thing someone does. It doesnt make him a bad guy in my eyes,and if youll note,most of the world doesnt really give a shit either.

Yay for gsp for bringing professionalism to the wrong place and not fully devoting himself the most important part of warfare, mental warefare.

Conor bless.

"Im not impressed by yer performance" was total mental warfare!!!

he shoulda never apologized for that though. Its kind of amazing to think that this exchange was a big deal back then hahahaa.

I dont see anything different from today than before. There was always the brash big talker who loudly and boldly claimed he was better than anyone else,and there were always also genuinely nice humble guys who were great ambassadors and not deep into controversy. Pick any era that doesnt have both. It doesnt exist. Your utopia is a sham and nothing is perfect. The things you dont like are simply more amplified by the increase in media of these times,but its always been there. I also think that there should be no uniform way to behave because thats boring,rules are made to be broken,and some traditions have to be trampled on in order to raise things and move to the next level. I like a Georges St Pierre AND a Conor Mcgregor. I like a Fedor Emelianenko as well as a Brock Lesnar. The contrasts and differences is what makes it really exciting.
Maybe you're right, perhaps it has always been there and I'm getting crustier now that I have children of my own. However, If my sons had no father, I certainly wouldn't want him as a role model.

Maybe you're right, perhaps it has always been there and I'm getting crustier now that I have children of my own. However, If my sons had no father, I certainly wouldn't want him as a role model.
I get it,,for sure im crustier as i age in other ways haha but yeah i think its important for parents to pay attention to who their kids emulate.

i meant you posted it ti piss people off,i know about the association and dont refute anything.I just dont care. I dont get outraged by every little thing someone does. It doesnt make him a bad guy in my eyes,and if youll note,most of the world doesnt really give a shit either.
You gotta see the hypocrisy of saying he was a swell admirable dude when you know he is an associate of a convicted drug dealer. Not some dude on the corner selling pot, the guy was head of a large and violent criminal gang.

GSP didn't bump into him one time at a party, they were tight enough that he said he was "like a brother" and wrote a public letter of support for him. There's nothing professional or admirable about that. GSP has a very seedy side to him.

You mean stupid shit like be best friends with a violent drug kingpin, and write a public letter of support for that guy when he was convicted?
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/6/2...ges-st-pierre-publicly-supports-canadian-drug

GSP and his 'nice guy' image was the biggest con in MMA history. You got to wonder what dirt this drug dealer had on GSP for him to write a public letter of support.
yeah, hes probably not the most amazing person (the kingpin), but violent drug sellers only exist cause the state imposes stupid laws against its commercialization. and as long as gsp wasnt part of any violent act with his buddy, i couldnt care much

Yay for gsp for bringing professionalism to the wrong place and not fully devoting himself the most important part of warfare, mental warefare.

Conor bless.
I think silence is the scariest form of mental warfare.

You gotta see the hypocrisy of saying he was a swell admirable dude when you know he is an associate of a convicted drug dealer.

nope. dont see it. Human relations are complicated.

With all the talkers nowadays it puts GSP's professionalism in perspective.....hard to believe the ufc threw him under the bus like that after the hendricks fight

This is my problem. The UFC is about as loyal as most women are when their man loses his job.

No romance without that finance.

the structure of fighter pay wont ever change it, btw. thats how the economy works

That is demonstrably untrue.

Most sports leagues run as a meritocracy.

Right now the UFC operates fundamentally as entertainment wrapped in a sports format. A paradigm shift away from the PPV model will likely change that, either incrementally or in tandem with a big TV deal.

my favorite was after the hendricks fight he got bombarded by the media everyday (they bugged him about leaving his agent, getting her pregnant, his father dying, controversy in the fight, performance enhancing drugs, retirement, drama with Dana white) and he handled every interview with class

This is one of many interviews he did after the hendricks fight (most of which had an annoying d bag reporter and he never got angry or mad)

[YT] ASrE4m0uLXA [/YT]

Last edited:
That is demonstrably untrue.

Most sports leagues run as a meritocracy.

Right now the UFC operates fundamentally as entertainment wrapped in a sports format. A paradigm shift away from the PPV model will likely change that, either incrementally or in tandem with a big TV deal.
oh, i meant about the one that brings the viewers gets the most money

of all the fighters the ufc has had i don't think any has shown the class and professionalism of GSP, one day someone else will play that role but right now it's all about hyping fights and shit talking your opponents to sell, which is part of the business anyway

Back