GSP's Professionalism was something to admire

yep...always professional

bVVZK.gif
And what exactly was wrong here?

These GSP haters are not the smartest bunch that's for sure LOL.

GSP played the part his management told him to play, but it never gelled with me. He looked like Donkey Kong wearing a suit. Out of place and part of an image. He was also connected to a notorious drug dealer in Canada, and he of course got a pass, because his name is not Jones.
maybe because he doesnt do stupid shit outside the cage like jonny

I don't like GSP as a fighter but you gotta give to the guy, he's a nice person as far as we know, at the end he did good for the sport.

Pretty tame for shit talking. It was actually very sharp and rather polite.

I liked it better that way than the absolutely over the top Conor McGregor stuff, although Conor is pretty funny most of the time I must admit.

maybe because he doesnt do stupid shit outside the cage like jonny

Meh. That excuse is tired. People pick and choose who they decide to pile on for nonsense, period. Mostly to suit their own agenda.

"I'm not impressed by your performance". Wow, you're right, this was just so unprofessional. What a lack of sportsmanship by Georges.

Please.

"I'm not impressed by your performance". Wow, you're right, this was just so unprofessional. What a lack of sportsmanship by Georges.

Please.
He said Dana forced him to, and there is a video of him apologizing to Hughes in the locker room

You could tell when he turned away that shit was a setup and GSP basically confirmed it by saying after he did it he would never go in and call out a fighter like that again and he didn't. Matt Hughes laughed and if TJ Dillashaw has the worst temper in MMA then Hughes comes in at a close 2nd place.

didnt he used some excuses to justify the serra loss?

but aside the PED whining he seemed to be a great champion
Not really, he certainly gave Matt props for winning. GSP was surprisingly classy.

Georges was clean cut, handsome and generally mild mannered in his personal life.

The guy was a consummate professional outside the ring but not all fighters can garner attention by being the quiet respectful type. MMA is winner take all where a few guys make great money and everyone else risks long term health for peanuts.

So long as Zuffa runs their schedule and reward structure based on how much noise you make, I won't hold it against anyone for chasing bigger paydays by talking.

I admit that at the end of GSP's reign I was a little bored with him. However, I really do miss his classy presence in the UFC.

A real Martial Artist gives glory to his master and does not use the Martial Arts to inherit money and thick bitches.

Rio Masho Autis neba fite fo manny oh fame. Rio Masho autis try aboyd fite et aww cost.

There's a lot about the sport that I find corny and annoying, and he was pretty much the antithesis of all that.

I don't know what happened to society. Or maybe it's just me and my age, and what war does to a fellow. I long for the days when athletes were humble in victory and graceful in defeat. Now we have man children like MacGregor who acts like a fatherless 12 year old playground bully. I suspect the guys who like his schtick, probably grew up in the same sort of atmosphere, were bullies or were bullied.

To me, GSP was the last of the great sportsmen. He didn't have the flash but he certainly had the heat. He didn't have the killer instinct but he had a competitive edge that most likely forced him out, due to stress and fear of losing. I understood it. I really don't think he liked fighting, inflicting harm. He most likely just went with it from day one, because he was gifted at it, and continued because he was doing well. But then it got too much because of the fame, pressure and BS.

Last edited:
Georges was clean cut, handsome and generally mild mannered in his personal life.

The guy was a consummate professional outside the ring but not all fighters can garner attention by being the quiet respectful type. MMA is winner take all where a few guys make great money and everyone else risks long term health for peanuts.

So long as Zuffa runs their schedule and reward structure based on how much noise you make, I won't hold it against anyone for chasing bigger paydays by talking.
the structure of fighter pay wont ever change it, btw. thats how the economy works

Do never enter the octagon with hatred, grudge or pride then you will start to see things clear and your vision will be clear as daylight and it will remove unreasonable fear of humilation, hesitation, sloppyness, and stiffness.

To put it short you will be the best version of yourself

Agree. See what happened to Aldo.

Conor Bless

Back