GSP's coach claims that GSP committed to 185 before Bisping was champ

Sounds kind of dubious to me. One can consider going up a weight class all they want but I'm sure the fact that a more beatable champ was currently holding the belt had to have had been taken into consideration.

I love GSP and I think he is the GOAT but all of this is BS, he could have the idea to move up but is undeniable with Bisping as champ it was his best opportunity and I'm good he went for it but let's not pretend Bisping have nothing to do with it because he does

Yeah, right....Whatever you say pal. I smelled this opportunity at 185 when Lawler was the champ. I made a thread asking if he got past Woodley, should he call out Bisping and move up...(everyone for the most part thought he shouldn't). They might feel differently now though.

Fast forward a few months to September 6, 2016 when Woodley was asking for a money fight and I dropped this gem...
If Woodley wants a money fight now that he has the belt, he should do what Mcgregor did and seek a title shot at the next weight up. This would guarantee him a fight with Bisping or Hendo... Given who else could be holding the belt in that division, now is the time to seize the opportunity.

He hasn't asked for that though...

If a lowly Sherdogger can figure out an easy target when he see's one, then I am pretty sure GSP and his coaches can spot one from a mile away. This guy is full of sh*t.

GSP vs Whittaker would be great, that's a fight I don't think GSP is afraid of. Rockhold and Weidman would be too big for him though

giphy.gif

Only his idiots fanboys believe this crap.

Meh it's always easy to talk in hindsight or lie and change your story. If Bisping lost Hendo and Hendo retired and they tried to say set up GSP vs Romero/Whittaker or winner of Romero vs Whittaker, I seriously doubt any of this takes place or he fights at all.

I don't even think he wouldn't cause he's "scared", I just really think he just wanted to comeback for one last huge payday against a big or semi draw that most casuals are at least familiar with and Bisping just happen to be the only one avaiabile at the time.

"that decision was made before Bisping was the champion"
Committed might not be the right word, but it's not far off. You're reaching here in my opinion.

Like I said, you didn't listen to the interview.

... Was he still also considering fights at 170? "Yes. "

The decision by this one coach to push GSP to try 185 isn't the same as GSP himself committing to anything specific.

As if truth matters to GSP haters. They’re the biggest liars on this site.

No such thing as GSP haters.

Just people who hate boring lay and pray decision artists, and people who need to cheat with vaseline to beat smaller fighters.

Let me guess, GSP was dying to fight Silva at 185, but his coaches wouldn't let him, right? LOL

Like I said, you didn't listen to the interview.

... Was he still also considering fights at 170? "Yes. "

The decision by this one coach to push GSP to try 185 isn't the same as GSP himself committing to anything specific.

"...physiological changes take time...yes, you can make physiological changes over a year or two years. George went up a weight division, but it took quite a bit of preparation to do so."
But you seem like the antagonistic/argumentative type and I don't have the time. Enjoy your night.

"...physiological changes take time...yes, you can make physiological changes over a year or two years. George went up a weight division, but it took quite a bit of preparation to do so."
But you seem like the antagonistic/argumentative type and I don't have the time. Enjoy your night.

To commit to something is to bind and pledge yourself to that one thing, to the exclusion of others.

He was open to fighting at 185 but also at 170. There was no commitment to 185 before Bisping became champion.

Facts are facts.

I think he said he didn't want to get in the way or Rory and/or Wonderboy.

if bisbing wins it again it would be hilarious if GSP announces come back
Next week GSP's coach will say that what GSP really wanted was an immediate rematch against Bisping since the fight was so damn close. Oh yeah, and all that prior to their first fight, of course.

We will be here figuring out how come he wanted an immediate rematch since the fight was so close prior to the fight happening, and still a lot of people will accept that as unquestionable truth lol

Back