GSP's coach claims that GSP committed to 185 before Bisping was champ

youngsteinel

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
If there was a thread on this already, I apologize but I haven't seen it. I see a lot of people claiming that GSP only came back to fight Bisping. I am not saying this is untrue but offering this video as a possibility that is an incorrect statement.

i-believe-you-but-my-tommy-gun-dont.jpg

As if truth matters to GSP haters. They’re the biggest liars on this site.

Sorry man I love GSP as much as the next guy but I cannot believe that one bit. He wouldn't have faced Weidman, Rockhold, Yoel or Whittaker if they were champion.

According to rash guard Kiwi, GSP was always criticized for fighting smart, not finishing, and never having moved up. Fighting at 185 would address all three of these and cement his legacy, regardless of who holds the strap. I don’t believe a fucking word of it.

Would he do it before or after leading a fighters union for better pay ? As far as we know he went running right after he got his deal done. Conor predicted this

Don't buy it.

If I remember right, Rogan almost had him fumbling over keeping this "fact" straight with the rest of his stories.

dat really bugged me.. n joe knew he was full of shit hehe but he loves JD so he kinda let it slide

Sorry man I love GSP as much as the next guy but I cannot believe that one bit. He wouldn't have faced Weidman, Rockhold, Yoel or Whittaker if they were champion.

You didn't listen to the interview, but neither did the TS.

This one coach of his was pushing him to go to 185 as his big exciting comeback fight after Weidman wasn't champ anymore. GSP was receptive to the idea.

GSP wouldn't ever fight Weidman. They were at the same camp, same coach.

Yeah I remember this podcast. He spoke intelligently and points he made sounded very logical. That being said even as a big GSP champ I'm not convinced on that point.

I don't really have a problem either way though. He thought he could beat the 185 champ so he asked for the fight the ufc made it and he did it. I think the explanation for vacating in this podcast is much more credible than people think if people care to listen to it.

This one coach of his was pushing him to go to 185 as his big exciting comeback fight after Weidman wasn't champ anymore. GSP was receptive to the idea.

Could I ask why you jumped to the judgement that I didn't listen to the interview?

GSP talked about coming back before the Bisping fight was even a possibility.

Bisping was the perfect opportunity to fight at 185 but let's not act like GSP wasn't going to come back either way. It might not have been at MW but he was going to come back nevertheless.

He did a few interviews before Bisping was even champ.

Of course not. Most people on Sherdog don't read or watch everything being posted. That's why I have you to give me cliffs, it makes my job a lot easier.

So how does this work out if Weidman got a title shot with GSP being champion? Would GSP have refused to fight him or would he have dropped the belt? It does not make sense to me.

GSP throughout the prime of career was so very uneasy answering the question about moving up everytime a reporter would ask and then the moment Bisping is champion the guy is ready to come back. The timing seems rather odd. Then he drops the belt cause of a sickness and 2 weeks later his coach says he's willing to come back for a big fight again (Hint hint Conor Mcgregor).

Looking forward to GSP coming back to defend his MW title and prove he's the best MW.

<36>

You are exaggerating the truth by using the word "committed". That wasn't in the interview.

"that decision was made before Bisping was the champion"
Committed might not be the right word, but it's not far off. You're reaching here in my opinion.

Back