GSP wants to fight Ben Askren

So by now we've all heard about GSP wanting 10 million to fight Conor Mcgregor. According to Eric Spicely (posted it on twitter) who is training at tri-star he is most interested in fighting Ben Askren outside of the UFC. Who wins this fight? Do you see him having success in OneFC?

I personally think this is a terrible idea. Conor may be a LW but he would knock GSP's head off and Askren would show him the true meaning of getting grapplefucked. I think GSP should be realistic and call out a FW. Maybe someone like Dennis Siver.

lol at conor ko'ing gsp

...he is most interested in fighting Ben Askren...
4495985.jpg

Definitely has the potential to be Askren's crowning moment. He has all the skills needed to blow GSP up outside of actually finishing him. Georges I think has been off for too long to have the strength or ability to keep the fight standing and would most likely get blanketed at this point.

Is that fact that GSP wants 10 million dollars? I think GSP is great. He was a great champion and ambassador for the UFC. However, he's not worth 10 million dollars. A handful of people are in that class, and GSP ain't it. He might've been a few years ago, but it's been almost 3 years since his last fight. That's a long time to be away.

Conor would knock GSP's head off?? GSP does literally whatever he wants to Colin.

I'm not impressed by this troll thread.

Though I like Askren and this fight, GSP takes it.

z0DsO_.gif

doubt One FC pays out 10 million to its entire roster across a whole year. GSP wants that much for 1 fight?

I'll never go against GSP but I don't see the reason for him to fight Askren in obscure organizations.

TS is trolling for lunch today.

might be the most boring fight of all time. coming from a big GSP fan.
noope

if it's onefc rules, knees to the head of the downed opponent are allowed, so the fight would be awesome. if it's not there, then yes, not really the most exciting one

Idk, Wrestlers are usually his more entertaining fights
The fight against Hendricks was his most entertaining fight in quite a long time so I'd have to agree with you on that one. And I would tune in for GSP vs Askren no questions asked.

Dana is laughing at that idea, fight somebody for peanuts when literally zero casuals will turn in to watch so you're not getting that PPV money either.

Is that fact that GSP wants 10 million dollars? I think GSP is great. He was a great champion and ambassador for the UFC. However, he's not worth 10 million dollars. A handful of people are in that class, and GSP ain't it. He might've been a few years ago, but it's been almost 3 years since his last fight. That's a long time to be away.
I have to disagree GSP could damn near name his price at this point. Don't think 10 million is far fetched at all.

noope

if it's onefc rules, knees to the head of the downed opponent are allowed, so the fight would be awesome. if it's not there, then yes, not really the most exciting one

Do you guys expect GSP to grapple in this fight?

So by now we've all heard about GSP wanting 10 million to fight Conor Mcgregor. According to Eric Spicely (posted it on twitter) who is training at tri-star he is most interested in fighting Ben Askren outside of the UFC. Who wins this fight? Do you see him having success in OneFC?

I personally think this is a terrible idea. Conor may be a LW but he would knock GSP's head off and Askren would show him the true meaning of getting grapplefucked. I think GSP should be realistic and call out a FW. Maybe someone like Dennis Siver.

Really? GSP would wrestlefuck Conor for 25 minutes. He is bigger, stronger and has one of the best wrestling games in MMA. Sure Conor could catch him with a shot but GSP has great defense and a solid chin. Add the fact that GSP can fight 25 minutes without slowing down (while Conor slowed down considerably in his second fight with Diaz as the fight wore on). GSP also has a very aggressive sub game, not on Diaz level but still damn good. Unless GSP has declined dramatically it's an easy fight for him. McGregor is too one dimensional.

Askren on the other hand is interesting. Although it would be a boring fight, GSP's has easily outwrestled guys with strong wrestling backgrounds (Koscheck, Shields, Fitch, Hughes, for example). Askren is better pure wrestler but GSP is ahead in striking and subs.

Mind you a fight between Askren and GSP would do nothing for GSP. It would be huge for Askren though.

Back