GSP vs Nick Diaz on FS1 right now

GSP was pounding Nick on the ground with murderest shots. GSP beat nicks ass, Nick fought back a bit in round 4 but he got his ass kicked basically the whole fight. GSP looked pretty good in the first 3 rounds till he got tired but he still gave Nick a pretty good ass kicking. Yes that defiantly was an ass kicking. Nick gave no resistance the first 2 rounds, just layed there taking shots to his head lol.

Plus that GSP went into the fight with an Achilles tendon injury that they thought he would have to get surgery for, and was sick, which was noticeable on his cardio.

GSP made so many salty haters that night lol
Beating up Diaz on the feet and on the ground, Nick had nothing for George. Pure beatdown.
No shame in getting dominated by the UFC GOAT and kind of ppvs though.

WAR GSP
Making BJ Penn & Diaz fanboys cry for our entertainment for all this time...

I never want to see a rematch of GSP/Diaz.
Crazy that BJ Penn is 0-3 against these 2 guys...

And yeah I forgot that "Rush" was legit injured for the Diaz fight, while Nick claimed he was poisoned by GSP's friends.
BJ: "To teh death! Imma try to kill you and I'm not joking"
>quits on the stool crying between rounds while calling his mom to defend him {<BJPeen}

Nick: "yeah like this random french guy I never met gave me this opened bottle, so I drank it all, regular stuff just before fights ya know?" <{natewhut}>

RF

tumblr_lkn7lnF4Rz1qi7ymho1_500.gif
f56fd1cb8886755ea429d8d8a0761a62.jpg

IMO GSP will always be the goat. Not kidding he's an absolute legend. Avenged both fluke losses in dominant fashion. His fight with Condit was nuts. Wish he wouldn't have left but oh well

He may have a great record and one of the greatest title runs BUT, still don't change the fact that he is boring to watch....He doesn't have crazy power and isn't a big risk taker, hence the 12 or so decisions.

He may have a great record and one of the greatest title runs BUT, still don't change the fact that he is boring to watch....He doesn't have crazy power and isn't a big risk taker, hence the 12 or so decisions.

Boring is subject rather than a fact. Its just the way people are. Some people find soccer boring, for others its the best sport in the world. Some people find dramas boring, others love them and find action flics boring. Some people find classical music or jazz boring, others love them. In the case of GSP, its a fact that a lot of people find his style boring. Its also a fact that a lot of people love his fights (his PPV numbers show that, as do all the arguments about him in Sherdog).

He certainly doesn't have crazy power and he definitely isn't a big risk taker, but there are people who like that style (look at Mayweather's popularity for instance). As you get older you notice that when it comes to boring or exciting, people really do like different things. If people spend money on some sort of entertainment (like a UFC PPV) then you know they don't find it boring.

The oddest thing about Sherdog is that people expect everyone to agree with them on what is interesting and what is boring - and that despite thousands of threads where one person says something is boring (lighter weights or WMMA or technical grappling/striking), and then others reply that they find exactly those things interesting. It sounds like elementary school, where kids get mad if everyone doesn't agree on who their favorite team is, or favorite band or movie - adults are supposed to have moved beyond that to realizing how varied people are in their interests.

Boring is subject rather than a fact. Its just the way people are. Some people find soccer boring, for others its the best sport in the world. Some people find dramas boring, others love them and find action flics boring. Some people find classical music or jazz boring, others love them. In the case of GSP, its a fact that a lot of people find his style boring. Its also a fact that a lot of people love his fights (his PPV numbers show that, as do all the arguments about him in Sherdog).

He certainly doesn't have crazy power and he definitely isn't a big risk taker, but there are people who like that style (look at Mayweather's popularity for instance). As you get older you notice that when it comes to boring or exciting, people really do like different things. If people spend money on some sort of entertainment (like a UFC PPV) then you know they don't find it boring.

The oddest thing about Sherdog is that people expect everyone to agree with them on what is interesting and what is boring - and that despite thousands of threads where one person says something is boring (lighter weights or WMMA or technical grappling/striking), and then others reply that they find exactly those things interesting. It sounds like elementary school, where kids get mad if everyone doesn't agree on who their favorite team is, or favorite band or movie - adults are supposed to have moved beyond that to realizing how varied people are in their interests.

I certainly don't expect people to agree with my opinion BUT, I believe my opinions are based in the fact that I have attended Sherdog University for 4 years and received my Bachelor's.

I am not so sure that I agree with you when you say that some find something boring and others don't....For example, I love to play golf BUT, I recognize the FACT that golf is soooo damn boring to watch. I still watch it and am entertained only because I know the difficulty in the shots they pull off.

If you were to put out a poll question asking, Is GSP a boring fighter? I believe that 60% would agree.

Nick Diaz is a trash fighter. One of the most overrated fighters of all time. He pressed forward but it got countered all night.

Nick was atleast looking for subs and shots left and right. Sure they got ahut down immediately but scorecarss werent on his mind.

Lol at Nick looking for subs while turtling

Man havent seen GSP fight in a while and his ground control is insane. GSP just pass guard like 50 times and is beating Nicks ass. GSP ground control is next level stuff. GSP is just beating Nick to death, cant believe he took this beating for 5 rounds lol. This is the kinda stuff you get brain damage from lol.
mma_ufc158_28.jpg
Hahaha. There was literally zero damage done in 25 minutes. Not too many fights this awful.

Lol at Nick looking for subs while turtling

I understand you think youre clever or something but not the entire fight was spent with him turtling. Yes it wad a shitty performance on both sides.

Nick was looking for subs from half and full gaurd regularly. He lost every round though, no need to be so salty.

I understand you think youre clever or something but not the entire fight was spent with him turtling. Yes it wad a shitty performance on both sides.

Nick was looking for subs from half and full gaurd regularly. He lost every round though, no need to be so salty.

Nick flailing wasn't him looking for submission. He was desperate as fuck hence turning his back, covering his head. How easily led are you.

Nick flailing wasn't him looking for submission. He was desperate as fuck hence turning his back, covering his head. How easily led are you.

You cant be serious?

You must be blinded by hate or a GSP nuthugger. Im done here.

....For example, I love to play golf BUT, I recognize the FACT that golf is soooo damn boring to watch. I still watch it and am entertained only because I know the difficulty in the shots they pull off.

Some of us appreciate watching GSP because WE understand the talent required for him to dominate his opponents in every facet of the game. If you are a "just bleed" idiot, then GSP is "boring'. But if you are a true fan of MMA you watch every move, every counter, and realize why he is doing what he is doing.

He is usually a couple of steps ahead of his opponents, ready with counters whether they do "A" or "B" as a counter to his last move. It is really masterful.

I'm sure the "just bleeders" would find a pure grappling match "boring" also. These whiners are not MMA fans. They want cartoon, rock 'em, sock 'em, fake wresting crap.

Of course Diaz fans find him "boring" because he manhandled their man crush, ruining their ability to say, "See Dad, Nick smokes dope like I do, and he's World Champ!"

He lost every round though, no need to be so salty.

He didn't just lose every round. He lost EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY ROUND. He was dominated in the stand up, looking like a confused puppy. He was dominated on the ground, where his vaunted jitz was shown to be a myth.

Then he goes to the post presser and says he can beat GSP. What a maroon!

Well think of it this way: GSP fought like a real warrior. Soldiers are trained to win at all costs, meaning you take no unnecessary risks, you stick to a battle plan if its working, you fight where you're strong and your enemy is weak, you use tactical retreats and advances to put yourself in an advantageous position and you give up such positions only when they're no longer working.

Napolean wrote a fair amount about it, as did Clausewitz and Sun Tsu. Diaz stuck with a tactic that wasn't working, and GSP followed Napolean's advice: don't interfere with an enemy when he's making a mistake.

If an NFL team was winning the Superbowl with a good ground game, would you want them to suddenly start passing the ball a lot just for the sake of taking a risk to make it interesting? If you were the coach and you followed such advice, do you think you'd have a job after that?

The problem is that many MMA fans don't want to see a war (real wars are generally fought very carefully and with as much avoidance of unnecessary risk as possible) or a sport (in sport you play to win, not to make it exciting - if your pitcher is making it boring by striking out the other side, you don't have him start to throw easy pitches to make it more interesting). What they want is the kind of excitement you find in movies and professional wrestling, where winning doesn't matter because its scripted.

GSP sold a lot of PPV's, so he did his job. Many fighters considered more exciting on Sherdog sold far fewer PPV's than GSP, which just goes to show that boring and exciting is subjective, but winning is objective. Hence generals and coaches concentrating on winning and not exciting.
PPV power is not that simple.

Man havent seen GSP fight in a while and his ground control is insane. GSP just pass guard like 50 times and is beating Nicks ass. GSP ground control is next level stuff. GSP is just beating Nick to death, cant believe he took this beating for 5 rounds lol. This is the kinda stuff you get brain damage from lol.
mma_ufc158_28.jpg

stfu troll

Back