GSP vs McGregor will be the biggest MMA money fight to date.

it's not the quantity, but the quality that matters, remember this TS

I doubt it. Nate vs Conor 3 is bigger.
hard to say now, don't know how much the gsp ppv star has faded since he took a very LONG breake, and what the ufc promotion machine can achieve for his numbers before Bisping vs GSp takes place. If GSP vs McGregor took place in september it would not sell as good as McGregor vs Nate Diaz on the same date.

But there is time for GSP promotion and achievements that might re-hype him and I doubt that the same can be said about Nate Diaz that is more of a expensive price-fighter to hire now.. don't see Nate fighting the coming months.

Literally 0 interest in this fight.

Would GSP vs. McGregor be the biggest MMA money fight to date?

Probably.

So would McGregor vs. Khabib, McGregor vs. Woodley, McGregor vs. anyone basically.

Dude's a PPV Terranova now after becoming the first concurrent 2-divisional UFC champ.

Literally 0 interest in this fight.

Would GSP vs. McGregor be the biggest MMA money fight to date?

Probably.

So would McGregor vs. Khabib, McGregor vs. Woodley, McGregor vs. anyone basically.

Dude's a PPV Terranova now after becoming the first concurrent 2-divisional UFC champ.

except... you know.... he can't defend.

GSP needs to win a belt to rebuild his buzz, 185 or 170.
When McGregor returns from boxing , they agree on a weight and then set the all time mma ppv record.
I don't know if Conor would want to fight a guy like GSP if he has 100,000,000 in the bank though

Mayweather v Conor then Conor vs Diaz 3 then Conor vs GSP...Conor retires...those will be the 3 biggest PPV in history!!!

I can't deny McGregor's ppv draw and with a nostalgia fighter like GSP who has an entire country of folks who love him (and a much larger country of fight fans who hate him), I have no doubt that it would be huge.

And GSP with double leg him and grind him into the mat for 5 rounds and we'll all be permanently deafened by the high -pitched squeals and complaints from Conor fans.

I'd be interested to see if GSP could avoid getting hit with a solid punch or kick that would lead to him getting TKO'd. He'd have to feint and take Conor down quick and finish him rather than risk getting hit again at the start of each round.

I cannot recall GSP ever facing anyone with the fast and powerful variety of strikes before.

GSP needs to win a belt to rebuild his buzz, 185 or 170.
When McGregor returns from boxing , they agree on a weight and then set the all time mma ppv record.
I don't know if Conor would want to fight a guy like GSP if he has 100,000,000 in the bank though
He likes to spend money though. Bling bling, Pee Wee Herman outfits, bodyguards, expensive home rentals, cars, hoes, other adult activities.

What's Conor going to do to GSP? If a pre-USADA Hendricks couldn't put GSP down, although I do feel like he won the fight, what the heck is Conor going to do?

He likes to spend money though. Bling bling, Pee Wee Herman outfits, bodyguards, expensive home rentals, cars, hoes, other adult activities.
Yes he does....
If McGregor loses to Floyd he might come back to MMA to take the Diaz payday.
If Conor catches an aging Floyd?
He'll be fighting Manny or a Floyd rematch for 200,000,000.
I can't see him risking getting embarrassed by GSP in any scenario.

Weird that some fans care more about fights that will make the most money, no matter how obvious the outcome.

Yes he does....
If McGregor loses to Floyd he might come back to MMA to take the Diaz payday.
If Conor catches an aging Floyd?
He'll be fighting Manny or a Floyd rematch for 200,000,000.
I can't see him risking getting embarrassed by GSP in any scenario.
wonderful.gif

What's Conor going to do to GSP? If a pre-USADA Hendricks couldn't put GSP down, although I do feel like he won the fight, what the heck is Conor going to do?
Hendricks didn't have super fast and powerful and accurate punches or spinning wheel kicks. I've never seen Hendricks land punches like Conor did to Nate or Eddie or Aldo. GSP vs Conor is not an easy fight to predict. Who knows if GSP could evade long enough for Conor to gas out.

Back