GSP spinning back fist in promo

John Cena

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
did anyone else catch the promo where GSP did a spinning backlist?

Not sure which video but Man! He looked bloated and slow

He's a natural 155 and was even small for WW.

185 is gonna be rough

Some people on here astonish me with their views. A natural 155er? Really?

Some people on here astonish me with their views. A natural 155er? Really?
If GSP started in today's MMA landscape he would be at 155. GSP was in the 170s when he started, was ~182 just a few fights before he left MMA. He was 185 at the end of his career.

If GSP started in today's MMA landscape he would be at 155. GSP was in the 170s when he started, was ~182 just a few fights before he left MMA. He was 185 at the end of his career.

I remember him saying he always hovered around 184-185 because he stayed fit all year round. The only time he went above 190 was when he was testing the waters to see what adding mass to his frame would be like. I think it was the Thiago Alves fight where he cut from 195 and didn't enjoy that one much. Slow down, and didn't feel good with the added bulk.

That footage was in slow mo, OP...If you can't tell then damn.

Also lots of fighters look like shit in preview shots like that, they are taking it easy.

But yes, I agree he looks bloated right now....He is bulking, is normal.

185 is gonna be rough
Just like how Roy Nelson is obviously a natural 155er given how bloated and slow he is.

ka4spf.jpg

He´s turning in to Matt Serra!

WAR GSP tho

185 is gonna be rough
LOL at small for Welterweight. Sincerely small LOL. Fuck off. Let's watch the fight. Like Bisping is some physically dominating sized man. He looks like my Uncle Jim on a Saturday having a Miller Light and a brat.

Styles make fights. The measurements will mean nothing when its time to go. Please shut the fuck up and have an awesome weekend.

This is true. GSP said himself he could make 155. He is medium size 170er and would fight 155 if he was joining the UFC today at the same size as he is now.

Post USADA GSP fighting at 185 will be soft and slow. Fortunately for him, Bisping is no world beater, and GSP has a chance.

Bisping by decision.

GSP walks around close to 200. Fight day weights aren't the same as cut weights.

GSP looked like he was about to lose his balance after that spinning sh*t
Also, total dad bod

GSP walks around close to 200. Fight day weights aren't the same as cut weights.
No, he doesn't. He used to walk around in the 170's. In the Alves fight his walk around was 182-183. His walk around after that was 185. The largest he ever was in camp was 194 for Shields, and he was 190 for the fight, thought it was too big for him, and went back to 185 walk around after that.

Trust me, this isn't a fight you want to fight, I can source everything.

I remember him saying he always hovered around 184-185 because he stayed fit all year round. The only time he went above 190 was when he was testing the waters to see what adding mass to his frame would be like. I think it was the Thiago Alves fight where he cut from 195 and didn't enjoy that one much. Slow down, and didn't feel good with the added bulk.
Alves was right before the bulk up. Shields he was 194. Otherwise everything you said is spot on. After Alves he hovered around 185-187 outside the one fight with Shields which as you said he did not like the bulk and felt slow with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back