GSP Officially No Longer Middleweight Champion - Vacates the Belt.

Ariel Helwani insists to this day that the Hendo fight was the UFC's idea, not Bisping's, and he's not usually the type of guy to get that kinda stuff wrong.
Dana confirmed this in one of the press confences for GSP. It was the UFCs call and not Bisping cherry picking opponents.

GSP would have beat Robert if he could be arsed.

Props to Georges.. My favorite part is he basically fucked Dana who was starting to talk shit about him again and turned the division back to normal

It takes a man to do what's right and GSP wasn't selfish enough to hold the division up like Conor

I can't say enough good things about this guy. He really is a class act and I thank him for helping make UFC 217 such a terrific card

Bisping's days of meddling with the division are over

<{gspressed}>

We all saw this coming <GSPWoah>

Dana confirmed this in one of the press confences for GSP. It was the UFCs call and not Bisping cherry picking opponents.

Yeah when Dana and Ariel both agree on something, it's almost certainly true.

We knew this was a possibility. Glad he didn't draw it out and hold up the division even further.

I don't know why people are bitching, who wants to see an old ass GSP fighting in a weight class he has no business competing in? He's gone and it can continue like he never left. At least he beat Bisping and ended that clown show. If Bisping had won we'd be waiting six months for Bisping Whittaker and then another six for Whittaker Rockhold. Now we have instant Whittaker Rockhold. GSP fixed the division if anything.

I don't know why people are bitching, who wants to see an old ass GSP fighting in a weight class he has no business competing in? He's gone and it can continue like he never left. At least he beat Bisping and ended that clown show. If Bisping had won we'd be waiting six months for Bisping Whittaker and then another six for Whittaker Rockhold. Now we have instant Whittaker Rockhold. GSP fixed the division if anything.
this. everything is perfect now. bisping gone, a good MW title fight, GSP at his proper weight class and can fight woodley. this is really good news.

Ha! He took the belt off of Bisping, who was holding up the division, and then vacated the belt straigh away, so things are back to normal now! GSP saved the division, what a legend.

2ptnsi0.jpg

WOW it's not too surprising though, GSP did the right thing may he recover well and Whittaker deserves to be champion congratulations to him!

This is actually nice. The MW division feels like it's been on hold forever with the Bisping reign and the detour for the GSP fight. Now it can just completely reboot with this matchup.

Remember when we had real champions? Lol. Before interim titles, before Conor. It felt like an actual sport, like it actually meant something when a title was defended or taken. Now the champs switch titles like it’s hot potato and pick their own contenders to defend against lmao. It’s still exciting to watch obviously. Just doesn’t feel important anymore.

He saw an opportunity in Bisping.

GSP had zero intention to fight anyone other than Bisping

Back