GSP is healthy and probably going back to WW.

He just said in video he won't be returning to MW so it doesnt matter what we think. Looks like Tyquil get his money fight maybe that will shut him up finally about fighting gatekeeping LWs like Diaz

This is going to be baaad for GSP.

He is trying to look for his next scam.

STFU, he didn't scam anyone. The UFC signed off on that fight not anyone else. Blame them. Georges took the fight like anyone else would have. He gets to add MW 2 division champ to his resume and further his legacy. You telling me you wouldn't have done the same in his shoes?

Let's look at the facts. Bisping ducked the top 5 of that division for defenses. He faced one foot in a retirement home Hendo and then was asking for GSP. Bisping should have wanted to face the number 1 contender as a real champ but instead searched out what he thought was gonna be an easier fight. I think it's kind of ironic that Kelvin the senior citizen slayer KO'd him badly too LOL.

Also the UFC wanted this fight for the PPV numbers and their pocket book. If you want to place blame they are the first ones that should take the heat followed by Bisping.

People keep bringing back up the contract like clinically braindead.
**If he stays at MW, he has to defend against Whittaker**.

Nowhere does the contract say that he has to stay at MW if the poor dude cannot even make weight and is too small for the division, for medical reasons.

He has the right to vacate the title.

He just said in video he won't be returning to MW so it doesnt matter what we think. Looks like Tyquil get his money fight maybe that will shut him up finally about fighting gatekeeping LWs like Diaz

I bet he doesn't even fight Cryron. I think there's money/legacy fights on the horizon and I hope the UFC pits CryRon against Colby, that would be epically hilarious

I read somewhere vaguely about how the weight gain experiment was not a success, he was only marginally heavier in the Bisping fight. Maybe the camp felt differently after they see how poorly GSP adjust to the MW weight gain.

I think he is going to duck Woodley as well. I hope not. But if he's ducking Whitaker, why would he fight Woodley? There is not a huge size or skill difference between them.

2 Division champions mean very little now.

GSP jumping all contenders to beat a weak lucky champion. T.J. pathetically going DOWN in weight to skip all contenders.

Conor skipping all of the contenders in one of the strongest divisions.

Give them credit for the titles that they earned by beating the contenders and that's it.

Well most fans with sense kinda saw that but even we expected at least the decency to unify the tittle before he exists just because Robert ain't exactly the biggest MW out there.

No one thinks he can defeat Weidman, Luke or even Romero or Jacare (guys that on paper maybe he can do something overall match up wise).

The Bisping situation was a joke, a dude that got lucky on a night that Luke done goofed with his own ego.

GSP just wanted the 'stats' in his record, the true test was that damn super-fight prime vs prime with Anderson now he goes cherry picking freaking Bisping a dude that who knows if he even is top 10 in his own division in the UFC.. cause he ain't top 10 worldwide that's for sure.
Yep

He pole vaulted over a very dangerous line of contenders to fight a game, but one-eyed and aging champion for the belt.

As soon as he said, "eet ees een my countract to deefend" I knew that was never going to happen.

2 Division champions mean very little now.

GSP jumping all contenders to beat a weak lucky champion. T.J. pathetically going DOWN in weight to skip all contenders.

Conor skipping all of the contenders in one of the strongest divisions.

Give them credit for the titles that they earned by beating the contenders and that's it.
Agree except the TJ fight. It has Vision Quest written all over it

DJ:
vq-shute.jpg

TJ:
3370_2_screenshot.png

GSP is a scumbag...we already knew that, but this interview just confirms it.

GSP is a scumbag?

Do you hear yourself?

There are so many reasons that is ridiculous, I don’t even know where to start.

Suffice it to say it is clear that you are not an intellectually or socially sophisticated person.

Yep

He pole vaulted over a very dangerous line of contenders to fight a game, but one-eyed and aging champion for the belt.

As soon as he said, "eet ees een my countract to deefend" I knew that was never going to happen.

I don't doubt that maybe such a line is stated in his contract but who will enforce that rule UFC is in the money making business way more then the 'sport' side and it seems they only got 2 stars maybe even 1 at the moment so they won't strong arm nothing.

I don't doubt that maybe such a line is stated in his contract but who will enforce that rule UFC is in the money making business way more then the 'sport' side and it seems they only got 2 stars maybe even 1 at the moment so they won't strong arm nothing.
Exactly - GSP is going to do what he wants, when he wants and that contract stip means nothing if the UFC goes alomg with him

Big difference between that and "I promise to defend!" lol

STFU, he didn't scam anyone. The UFC signed off on that fight not anyone else. Blame them. Georges took the fight like anyone else would have. He gets to add MW 2 division champ to his resume and further his legacy. You telling me you wouldn't have done the same in his shoes?

He did lie to everyone to make the whole thing sound better.

Also the UFC wanted this fight for the PPV numbers and their pocket book. If you want to place blame they are the first ones that should take the heat followed by Bisping.

GSP is ducking the number one contenders the same as Bisping. The only thing he is doing better is leaving so that he isn't holding up the division.

Good move.

Was weird seeing Georges get tired.

Let's look at the facts. Bisping ducked the top 5 of that division for defenses. He faced one foot in a retirement home Hendo and then was asking for GSP. Bisping should have wanted to face the number 1 contender as a real champ but instead searched out what he thought was gonna be an easier fight. I think it's kind of ironic that Kelvin the senior citizen slayer KO'd him badly too LOL.

Part of what you say is true (especially the part about Bisping). But GSP definitely scammed the fans. He lied about his plans all the way into his vacation after the fight. Even look at his interview after the fight. He essentially says that it is in his contract to fight Whittaker, but I don't know, we'll see what Dana wants. It never was about what Dana wants. It is about what GSP does. And he is planning to do what he wants to do.... not what the contract says or what Dana wants. And of course Dana won't say much since GSP brings in some big money.

Last edited:
Would be a wise move for GSP to leave the division, man is a legend but I can't see him beating any top 5 mw.

Well then he shouldn’t have challenged for the MW belt.

And they shouldn’t have let him fight for the MW belt.

I think they should somehow nullify his title and just count it as a win over Mike. He's no MW champ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back